On the PB, Word To Go saves documents in the Documents folder. That's all good, but I like to keep my documents categorized in sub-folders. I copied my Documents folder and sub-folders from my PC to my PB. In Word To Go I selected Browse and my documents, including the ones in sub-folders, were displayed. I opened a document within a sub-folder, edited, and saved the document and it was saved in the sub-folder.

Next I created a new document, selected Save As and was surprised I was not able to select the sub-folder I wanted (no browse feature). When I typed in a file name and selected Save, it was saved in the Documents folder. I created a new document but this time I entered: /subfolder/myfilename and the document was saved in the sub-folder I specified.

In fact, if the sub-folder doesn't exist, it will be created.

This isn't the best file management but at least it's a work around.

Not sure if others are aware of this so I thought I'd share my discovery.

btw - I'm lovin' the PB
    Last edited by bkewl; 11-29-11 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Changed title :)
    11-29-11 09:28 AM
    Thanks for the tip man!

I guess in 2.0 they will tackle some of these inconveniences?
    11-29-11 09:40 AM
    Heh, and here I thought I'd find a thread about Innovatology's Files & Folders app! :-)

Good find though... I never thought to try directly entering the subfolder name when saving. Not all apps support this, of course, but I'm glad to hear DocsToGo does.
    11-29-11 09:45 AM
    Heh, and here I thought I'd find a thread about Innovatology's Files & Folders app! :-)

Good find though... I never thought to try directly entering the subfolder name when saving. Not all apps support this, of course, but I'm glad to hear DocsToGo does.

LOL! Me too - clever name he gets free advertising! I actually came in to help plug it - Files and folders is great, and the developer is active in here helping people - he deserves support.

Buy Files and folders it has a lot of advanced features you won't find in the free app - Air browser. Well worth the three bucks. Well done quality app for file management..
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-29-11 09:58 AM
    The pb seriously lacks a folder hierarchy. If you want to add an attachment to an email, folder structure is entirely ignored and all of your files show up in one huge list. Placing Videos in folders is also ignored. While photos go into albums, again, when attaching to an email, those "albums" are ignored and 1,000's of photos show up in one long list.

But thanks for pointing out you can path a SaveAs file.
    11-29-11 11:10 AM
    Me too... ;-)
    11-29-11 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD