Hey all,

I'd love to use my playbook at work. The only hitch is that we can't install our own programs on the office comuters. As such I cannot transfer files back and forth in absence of the BlackBerry Desktop manager.

I tried to install the manager on a USB key and run it from there. THe program runs but it doesn�t recognize the playbook when I connect it via USB to the computer.

Is there anyway around this? I can attempt to get the manager installed but adding new programs/getting them approved is a lengthy process.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!
    03-18-12 09:54 PM
    Well, it's the drivers that is making the big difference. There is a RIM virtual network driver that allows PB to show up as a network drive. IF you can install the drivers, then you're good to go. ALSO, the easiest way to go here would be to do wifi file transfer. Connect PB to the same local net, and map the ip, and you'll be good to go.
    03-18-12 10:26 PM
    Get a Dropbox account and use the web to move files back and forth.
    03-18-12 10:28 PM
    Agreed. You can go to network to determine ip address then on the wifi sharing. On the pc at run you can put your ip address as usual etc \\xx.xx.xx.xx. Then you can access you files or transfer files.
    03-19-12 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD