So, I picked up my new PlayBook 16Gb last Friday and have been hooked ever since. I love the bridge and pretty much everything about it, however, one issue I have noticed is that bluetooth file transfers from the PB don't seem to be available? For example, I wanted to send a photo I took with the PlayBook's camera to my 9850 but couldn't find a straight forward way of doing it.

Am I missing something? My time with the PlayBook so far has been limited so probably so...

Russ.
    03-14-12 09:46 AM
    So, I picked up my new PlayBook 16Gb last Friday and have been hooked ever since. I love the bridge and pretty much everything about it, however, one issue I have noticed is that bluetooth file transfers from the PB don't seem to be available? For example, I wanted to send a photo I took with the PlayBook's camera to my 9850 but couldn't find a straight forward way of doing it.

Am I missing something? My time with the PlayBook so far has been limited so probably so...

Russ.
    I believe that currently there isnt a direct way to share pics between your bb and playbook. I think what you have to do now is to click the "open on playbook" option for the picture, then when it appears on your pb, you press the + and - volume keys simultaneously to take a screen shot of the picture and then itll now be on your playbook. Another way is to get the "Fixmo Tools" app from appworld on your bb and use the file sharing feature. Fixmo Tools is free if you live in the US.

Otherwise, you may have to email the picture to yourself and open the email on your pb then download the file.

For regular files such as documents, while your phone is bridged to your bb, use the file manager to select the file you want to be on your pb. Open it, then slide down the options from above and select Save or Save as, and now theyll be a copy on your pb.

Hope this helped
    Last edited by joelled; 03-14-12 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Left out important info
    03-14-12 12:39 PM
    Thank you for the reply, Joelled.

Unfortunately, I was referring to transferring in the opposite direction, i.e. if I want to transfer an image (or any other file) from my PlayBook to my BlackBerry Smartphone.

Thanks anyway! I appreciate the reply.

Russ.
    03-14-12 02:22 PM

Unfortunately, I was referring to transferring in the opposite direction, i.e. if I want to transfer an image (or any other file) from my PlayBook to my BlackBerry Smartphone.

Russ.
    That might also depend on how to send files to your BB as well, for example, if you are able to use app to browse the network drives, then enabling PB WIFI sharing will help. Another solution is to use a cloud: both PB and BB accesses the same cloud drive. I use Dropbox and it works great.
    03-14-12 02:41 PM

Russ.
    Man I was half asleep when I read your post initially. Im sorry! lol... But as the poster above me suggested, you can use a cloud service, wifi sharing, and to add, you can use that app I suggested as well, Fixmo tools, it allows transfer of files both ways. Or again, email it from your pb to an email account that you have set up on your phone
    03-14-12 02:50 PM
    There are a few File Manager apps that can do it. Files&Folders which is updated more regularly and FileBrowser (which seems moribund but works) both allow you to copy/move both ways - bbphone/pb.
    aha likes this.
    03-14-12 03:03 PM
    There are a few File Manager apps that can do it. Files&Folders which is updated more regularly and FileBrowser (which seems moribund but works) both allow you to copy/move both ways - bbphone/pb.
    Just downloaded Files and Folders, works like a charm.
    08-31-12 10:44 PM
    Can you direct connect both devices to a PC? Both will appear as drives. Use Windows file manager to direct traffic.
    08-31-12 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD