Hi Everyone
    I am a newbie to the forum and hoping to get some help with my new playbook.
    My problem is transferring videos,music,photos etc. from my sony vaio laptop to my playbook.I have succesfully loaded the playbook device manager on to my laptop but when i try to transfer anything from the laptop to the playbook i get a message on my laptop that reads 'you need permission to perform this action'. I am logged on to my laptop as the adminastrator and have altered all permissions on the playbook to accomodate but still cannot transfer anything.I am connected via usb i right click the song/photo etc and choose 'send to playbook' and thats when the message always appear.
    Any help in resolving this would be most appreciated.
    Many Thanks!
    Gary
    09-05-12 08:52 AM
    I use wifi file transfer and you might find it easier. After enabling wifi transfer in the settings click the windows button and type \\your PB ip\media in the box. That will open a window with your media folders. No wires required.

Edit: I just transferred some music and got the same error using "send to". The same file transferred fine with drag and drop. Strange.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 09-05-12 at 09:34 AM.
    09-05-12 09:04 AM
    I am connected via usb i right click the song/photo etc and choose 'send to playbook' and thats when the message always appear.
    "send to playbook"?? I use copy and paste.
    If I need many files or very large files to transfer, I do it via DM. Otherwise, for all other once of transfer, Dropbox does it. The beauty of Dropbox is, it is available on any of my mobile devices/computers (+-10) within my household.
    09-05-12 03:35 PM
    Moral of the story is don't use the "send to" option. Use copy and paste instead. Why would you use "send to" anyway? Send to where? You're not telling it to send to any specific folder, and you probably can't load files onto your PB unless you put it into an accessible folder.
    09-05-12 04:00 PM
    Why don't you open the pb Z:\ drive on ur laptop then copy and paste from there? If you activated the password lock you gotta enter the password when the device manager ask you to. Cuz the pb drive is a network drive.
    09-05-12 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD