I noticed that it's difficult to send my cousin emails with videos in them. We take vids about cars then send them to eachother.
    He sent me a video which was 43 seconds long, and 4.1 mb in size. For an experiment, I took one the same length on 720p NOT 1080p. It was a whopping 44mb in size. Why such a difference? His videos were taken with his iPhone 4s, so the were fairly high definition. And no, they were not compressed. The file size of mine was 11x bigger for the same length video.
    By the way, we both use Hotmail, the same type of accounts. I can barley send him a 7 second video.
    Suggestions?

I know I can use a cloud thing to probably fix this but my question is why are my files so much bigger?
    04-21-12 10:07 AM
    Find a utility that can tell you basic stats on the videos, such as resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and compare. Should tell you something useful about it...

Also note that the subject matter can have a big effect on the size of the data. If the camera's held perfectly steady and there's not a lot of motion in the image, it should lead to a far lower file size than one with the camera moving and/or lots of things moving in the video.
    04-21-12 10:44 AM
    Oh wow I had no idea motion could increase file size. I just did a test, 2 10 second videos. The one with little motion was 1.9 mb, the one with alot of motion was nearly 10 mb.

I have Air browser but it's quite buggy, probably because it's originally for Android. What browser do you suggest?
    04-21-12 11:13 AM
    For details INSIDE of a video, there is Gspot (not what the name implies) and there's another, MediaInfo or something like that.

Lots of folks like Files&Folders. There are a number of Android conversions for browsing files/folders.
    04-21-12 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD