Hi we have a 64gb Playbook.

I have about 8gb of pdf files all organized in folders by name. We all know that the file manager that ships with PB is garbage.
    From reading posts here I have tried, My File Manager, AIR Browser and Ghost Commander.

They do the job when it comes to organizng the files, but when I am in Gmail and try to attach one of the files, the PB opens the stock File Manager by default and no folders are present, just 30,000 files in a list.

Is there a way to set one of the other file managers as the default manager? I don't beleive you can delete the stock file manager?

Does anyone have a solution to finding and e mailing files from the PB?

Thanks...
    04-29-13 05:27 PM
    You might look at files and folders. I know you can email from that one (tho I havent set it up), and it is by far the best file manager I've seen on the playbook.

Here is is
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 04-29-13 at 05:35 PM. Reason: link add
    cambriabiz likes this.
    04-29-13 05:32 PM
    Hi there, and first off welcome to CrackBerry!
    Or at least congrats on your 1st post, finally.

Please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. Often makes it easier to help you.

I highly doubt you can make one of those apps the default file manager. In fact, I'm sure you can't.
    I don't have my PB with me, but can't you make new folders on it to organize those files? I'll poke around later and see.

Might be easier to connect your PB to your PC, then access use Windows File Explorer to navigate to your PB and customize the organization.
    cambriabiz likes this.
    04-29-13 05:34 PM
    Thanks for the post and the welcome
    We use the PB on the road, so I need to access the files from the PB to send to clients. I can see them just fine when connected to the PC. The funny thing is that the BB desktop software recognizes the file structure just fine. The PB wont.
    04-29-13 05:41 PM
    You can use Ghost Commander to attach files to emails. Just open Ghost, navigate to the PDF or file that you want to attach, then press and hold on the file. A dialogus will pop up- choose "Send to", then "Messages". Messages will then open in the compose view with the file attached.
    FF22 and cambriabiz like this.
    04-29-13 05:43 PM
    Hi there, and first off welcome to CrackBerry!
    Or at least congrats on your 1st post, finally.

Please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. Often makes it easier to help you.

I highly doubt you can make one of those apps the default file manager. In fact, I'm sure you can't.
    I don't have my PB with me, but can't you make new folders on it to organize those files? I'll poke around later and see.

Might be easier to connect your PB to your PC, then access use Windows File Explorer to navigate to your PB and customize the organization.
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a big problem with the pb - other than the Pictures Folder, where subfolders show up as Albums in the pictures app (I am using pictures interchangeably with photos!!!), the pb, in general, disregards any Folder organization. It can drive one crazy or in my case crazier!

So while for personal convenience, one can create a series of subfolders by category/categories, the pb does not acknowledge that arrangement when opening some apps.

OP - the pdf reader app, a mere $00.99, I believe, can use Folders when opening and reading pdf files.
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-29-13 05:58 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    04-29-13 06:07 PM
    You can use Ghost Commander to attach files to emails. Just open Ghost, navigate to the PDF or file that you want to attach, then press and hold on the file. A dialogus will pop up- choose "Send to", then "Messages". Messages will then open in the compose view with the file attached.
    Thanks...Ghost Commander did the trick!

Not sure why the playbook was built with such a crappy file interface and why it was never solved in their software updates.

This forum is very helpful....
    Elite1, FF22 and RoboticGolem like this.
    04-29-13 06:38 PM
    Files & Folders has a built-in e-mail client that works directly with Gmail, and should do what you need.
    04-29-13 10:47 PM
    Can you re-assign file associations in Files & Folders? When I click on a PDF file in F&F, I don't want the useless stock PDF viewer app to open it, I would prefer to use PDF Reader instead.
    04-29-13 11:05 PM
    Not in the PlayBook version. The PlayBook OS can't do this. It will be coming in BB10 though.
    05-01-13 03:13 AM