Is there a limit on files downloaded to the PlayBook? Files over 2GB seem to cut of at some point when downloaded directly to the PB. Thoughts?
    01-23-12 12:44 PM
    I'm not sure, but I've had problems getting large downloads to even start. I'd get the prompt to name the file and when I hit ok nothing shows up in my download manager.
    01-23-12 01:10 PM
    Have no idea what OS either of you are using, so hard to know how to help.
    Have you tried to DL to PC, then copy over?
    01-23-12 01:20 PM
    Have no idea what OS either of you are using, so hard to know how to help.
    Have you tried to DL to PC, then copy over?
    Downloading directly to PB on the latest official OS. Never rooted it.
    01-23-12 02:12 PM
    I'm not sure, but I've had problems getting large downloads to even start. I'd get the prompt to name the file and when I hit ok nothing shows up in my download manager.
    The PB download manager has a number of random problems. Sometimes files download but don't show up in the DL manager at all, then later they might show up eventually (or might not).
    01-23-12 02:21 PM
    Sorry to dig this up but my experience is that the PB browser has a 2GB limit on downloads. It took me awhile to work out why many of my mp4 files unexpectedly stopped, always movies and not TV shows. I then noticed the larger files were all 2GB. I had downloaded them via my NAS's web interface, which is a really fast way to get files (even more so than USB!). I then checked the source files on the NAS and they were, not surprisingly, larger.
    03-04-12 11:39 PM
    Hi I've found the same via ghost explorer and the blackberry browser, transferring files to the playbook via pushing from pc i.e. USB or even over network - no problem with size, pulling from playbook = 2GB restriction

It's very frustrating
    Last edited by damianiw; 09-17-12 at 04:13 PM.
    09-08-12 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD