Hi,

I'm new and bought a Playbook today. I have installed the updates and also the Windows Desktop as well as the Device Manager.

What I'd like to know is how to delete apps and or files from the tablet on a permanent basis.

I'm a bit lost as I'm used to using Windows explorer to search for a file then hitting delete on the P.C.

Any help appreciated

Thank You

Great Forum by the way. I spent hours reading the posts before I took the plunge.

09-05-12 04:05 PM
    If you want to delete an app on ur pb. Just touch the app and hold for a few seconds then it will appear a basket on the app, click the basket and press ok. It will be deleted on ur pb. You can also download the app again in app world through "my world- uninstalled apps".

To delete a cetain file on pb. Go to the "File Manager" app on your pb and choose the file according to its type (video, documents, music etc...) Then there is an edit button with a pen icon or something ( I don't have the pb with me right now ) you can delete the app from there. It is easy to navigate. Take your time and make friend with your pb Hope this help
    Last edited by baolam86; 09-05-12 at 04:16 PM.
    diegonei and Anna Key like this.
    09-05-12 04:10 PM
    Very kind of you. I shall do that tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

09-05-12 04:18 PM
    For deleting files, you're better off installing a File Manager from app world, since the native file browser is very limited in scope and will only let you delete certain kinds of files (if the file isn't a video, picture, document, or audio file, it doesn't exist). You can install Air Browser for very basic functionality or Ghost Commander for much greater funtionality. Both apps are free.
    09-05-12 05:00 PM
    For deleting files, you're better off installing a File Manager from app world, since the native file browser is very limited in scope and will only let you delete certain kinds of files (if the file isn't a video, picture, document, or audio file, it doesn't exist). You can install Air Browser for very basic functionality or Ghost Commander for much greater funtionality. Both apps are free.
    I use Files & Folders as a file manager on my PB, and also recommend it to my clients who have gotten PBs too - it's by a company called innovatology (Files & Folders for BlackBerry PlayBook) and available on appworld for a few quid - they bring out regular updates (that you get for free after your initial purchase of the app)

I think they do a trial version that you can use for a few days for free
    09-05-12 06:18 PM
    I use Files & Folders as a file manager on my PB, and also recommend it to my clients who have gotten PBs too - it's by a company called innovatology (Files & Folders for BlackBerry PlayBook) and available on appworld for a few quid - they bring out regular updates (that you get for free after your initial purchase of the app)

I think they do a trial version that you can use for a few days for free
    It is best to get both. AIR Browser is very much like Windows Explorer, while Files & Folders allows you access to parts of the file system most users have no business with as well as access to cloud storage services.

Problem is: Files & Folders is not free. AIR Browser is. I do have both, though. Had to get F&F for SugarSync...
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-05-12 at 07:21 PM.
    09-05-12 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD