I am on the road alot and I use my PB around the Balt/DC area. I have a Verizon 4G wifi and I have a terrible time using the browser. Here are some issues:
    • Sites won't load all the way
    • The back button won't bring me back
    • Have to close browser and go back in again and again
    • Crackberry in particular having issues navigating
      I am in a solid 4G area all the time and I have trouble with sites loading.
      It works fine on my laptop and my desktop at home.

Is anyone else having trouble like this. Any ideas what to do. I have tried to restart the PB with limited results....
    Any ideas?
    06-10-11 10:32 AM
    This sounds like a network connect problem not a PB problem

Are you using WIFI browser, tether browser or bridge browser?
    Don't expect to get 4G speed with 'bridge browser' or 'tether browser'. The speed
    is partly dependent upon bluetooth speed and then also network speed.
    'Tether browser' should get you faster speed compared with 'bridge browser'.
    06-10-11 10:37 AM
    I am using my 4G wifi personal hotspot. It works well with other devices such as my laptop and desktop with no issues
    06-10-11 10:40 AM
    Well have not had such issues as you describe with browsing on the playbook. Only weird think I seen was that the number saying how much tabs you have not corresponding with reality.
    06-10-11 10:43 AM
    I'm posting this over the bridge browser. I tried the bb on a commute last night and it was a little buggy at first but then it settled down and all is good now.
    06-10-11 10:48 AM
    I am using one tab at a time. I very rarely open more.
    06-10-11 10:49 AM
    Well have not had such issues as you describe with browsing on the playbook. Only weird think I seen was that the number saying how much tabs you have not corresponding with reality.
    I do.

I have clear (not the best but between 3-6Mbps where I was yesterday)
    The main issue is when streaming video, or heavy pages. I was trying Audi of America > Home and some videos from www.crackberry.com. And this thing is SLOOOOOOOOW. (I was using WiFi Browser)

Same as described with other devices, my wife's ipad (WiFi) was solid.

One thing I realized just now is that if I go to the "WiFi Status" on the PB I see only 11Mbps, not big deal but I have several AP at home and the office (forget the WiFi Spot), the minimum is 104Mbps, one is even 450Mbps (5GHz channel) and I always have 11Mbps on the playbook.
    Last edited by robertogag; 06-10-11 at 10:59 AM.
    06-10-11 10:55 AM
    I think RIM should market that as it's new browser name.

Blackberry Playbook with "Fickle Browser"

Forget Bing.
    06-10-11 10:58 AM
    I just went to the Audi site and after a false start, I closed the tab hit the link again and, viola, there is the flash heavy site in all its glory.
    06-10-11 11:04 AM
    Fickle Browser.......that could be a great marketing phrase...lol
    I compare the issues I have with my PB to my iPad that seems to be rock solid
    06-10-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD