Hi guys, I'm looking at the PlayBook to buy for my dad. He's a blackberry torch user and a 1st generation iPad user. He's trying to get a hold of an iPad2, but I told him BB are releasing a tablet April 19. He seems really interested but had a few questions. He loves reading books on the iPad, will the PB have an eBook store? Will it also seamlessly sync music and tv shows with iTunes? Also, what calendar services will it sync with (iCal, google, outlock etc)? Thanks a lot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 12:15 PM
    He seems really interested but had a few questions. He loves reading books on the iPad, will the PB have an eBook store?
    yes kobo

Will it also seamlessly sync music and tv shows with iTunes?
    yes

Also, what calendar services will it sync with (iCal, google, outlock etc)?
    Outlook for sure, google maybe (work-around is you can use 3rd party software to sync ur gmail calendar with outlook and sync bb playbook with outlook). iCal... iDont know.

hope that answers ur qs
    03-23-11 12:19 PM
    yes kobo
    Amazon has also said they are making a Kindle app for the PlayBook.
    03-23-11 12:38 PM
    There are several ebook reader apps. As for iTunes, as far as I know you can't get an iTunes app, but you can VERY easily import your iTunes library into Desktop Manager. If you want to purchase music on your device, use 7digital.
    03-23-11 03:29 PM
    Also, if itunes is a no go, doubletwist should be an alternative.
    03-23-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD