It's here! Attachment 149354

Not sure what to do with it now that it's here... So much to do... Gotta sideload Skype BETA, sideload some emulators, get my videos and stuff on here... Wow...
    Well, folks keep asking if the pb can make toast - in you case, I guess you might make toast from your pb.

Skype Beta??????
    04-08-13 09:57 PM
    Well, folks keep asking if the pb can make toast - in you case, I guess you might make toast from your pb.

Skype Beta??????
    The PB is still having a direct relation to making toast. It still works!

And yes, Skype BETA.

Nonetheless guys, I'm having some problems that I read SHOULDNT be happening as often as they are with me...

First and foremost: Lots of checkerboarding in the browser. This, I don't mind to much, but would love to be gone.

Then, the next problem that effectively makes this device a brick to me: Streaming issues. Should I make another thread about this, or is a solution out?

Edit: Scratch that, the streaming issue is making me hate the device with a deep passion seeing as this is a brand new device that is having a software issue and is supposedly supposed to work well with flash; yet it cannot even load a full flash video. It seems I'm not the only one with this problem: Any solution?
    Last edited by elemein; 04-08-13 at 11:57 PM.
    04-08-13 11:42 PM
    The PB is still having a direct relation to making toast. It still works!

And yes, Skype BETA.

Nonetheless guys, I'm having some problems that I read SHOULDNT be happening as often as they are with me...

First and foremost: Lots of checkerboarding in the browser. This, I don't mind to much, but would love to be gone.

Then, the next problem that effectively makes this device a brick to me: Streaming issues. Should I make another thread about this, or is a solution out?

Edit: Scratch that, the streaming issue is making me hate the device with a deep passion seeing as this is a brand new device that is having a software issue and is supposedly supposed to work well with flash; yet it cannot even load a full flash video. It seems I'm not the only one with this problem: Any solution?
    You might want to ask specific questions in separate threads that get more attention.
    04-09-13 08:36 AM
    Sorry you are having issues. The PB is not a perfect device and maybe the expectations were a bit too high. First, this is just me, but I'd be wary about sideloading. I don't do it and only use native apps. It's probably not the cause of your problems but it may hurt overall performance. Just sayin. The checkerboarding is an issue. Turning off flash and java should speed it up for overall browsing. Turn them back on when you need them. Not the best solution but something to try if it bothers you. You can also try Simple Browser, which allow you to change the user agent. The paid version allow you set bookmarks. I suppose there are flash videos that may not load. Those may need additional plugin support that the PB doesn't have. It is hard to say. I've not had too many streaming problems and many I can chalk up to poor internet connections. Give us some specific examples or links and we can test them out. Don't hate on it yet....
    04-09-13 09:04 AM
    If you plan to put any content at all on your PlayBook other than apps then 16 will never be enough.
    Otherwise it's a great little device and if it suits your needs then the price can't be beat.

Enjoy your new PlayBook
    Last edited by axllebeer; 04-09-13 at 10:23 AM.
    04-09-13 09:27 AM
    Wow this section is really quite active and friendly! Looking forward to the community for sure once I get it!

It seems updating is very very easy. Thats another good thing to hear.

The FB App is good? Some people say otherwise... Perhaps its a "your milege may vary" thing. I only really use fb for chat and to notify me of things and check my newsfeed. Otherwise I dont use much anything.

BT tethering is troublesome for me? Hope its good for me since wifi tethering hurts my iphone battery pretty bad. BT however doesnt drain it very much.

Citrix works well? Great! Citrix is mostly for my mom's uses as she will be using it sometimes.

The PB is perfect for me. The only nitpicks for me are the exclusion of Skype (I don't use it super often though, so hopefully the skype chat will suffice...), the screen res (Would've preferred 1280x720, but at 7", I doubt I'll be dissapointed with 600p), and that I cant use USB as expandable storage..

The first and last one though seem remediable by software though Maybe one day. Maybe.
    You can't BT teather with iPhones, you have to WiFi teather with them. iPhones don't support modem setup needed, some driod phones and all BB phones do
    04-09-13 09:51 AM
    The checkerboarding isnt tooo bad of an issue, it's about as much as my iPhone, so Im used to it.

However, the flash video issue IS a very big issue.

It will load the advertisement fine, and the first 10-15 minutes of an episode will load and play flawlessly-- then, after a certain point, the video will stop, buffer for 10 seconds, then just restart the whole video with the same problem.

One example of this would be when I try to view: Watch Durarara!! Episode 4 Online | English Dubbed-Subbed Episodes

I apologize if you don't like anime or anything, but that is a very large point of this device for me.

I am willing to do ANYTHING to get this working-- including factory reset or rooting or whatever as long as I keep functionality.

I will make a new thread if need be.
    04-09-13 10:10 AM
    I'll try the link when I get home. I'll try it on my android JB Xoom, too, just to rule out platforms. You obviously can't play it on your iPhone. My guess is it might be the site or your internet connection speed if it has to buffer. I've got pretty fast cable internet service. I really don't think the software is messed up although there is a post recently that a small update is being offered to recently activated PB.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1526-a-792109/
    I've checked and I haven't got it yet. Again, try Simple Browser (free) and change the user agent to Firefox. The site will treat it as a desktop and not a mobile. I've got it installed and will give it a try as well.
    04-09-13 10:40 AM
    I'll try the link when I get home. I'll try it on my android JB Xoom, too, just to rule out platforms. You obviously can't play it on your iPhone. My guess is it might be the site or your internet connection speed if it has to buffer. I've got pretty fast cable internet service. I really don't think the software is messed up although there is a post recently that a small update is being offered to recently activated PB.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1526-a-792109/
    I've checked and I haven't got it yet. Again, try Simple Browser (free) and change the user agent to Firefox. The site will treat it as a desktop and not a mobile. I've got it installed and will give it a try as well.
    Are these other browsers in the App World natively? Do they support flash?

Also, theres no way it's the connection. My laptop plays it without issue, and even if it were my connection, why would the video just simply restart outright instead of buffer? This is definitely a PB issue, not to step on anyones toes...
    04-09-13 10:48 AM

Skype Beta??????
    I just don't know what to say!!!!........ How often have I said that the pb will not make toast????? Well.. Well.... and your answer is????

However for those of you out there with a more educated palette than someone who eats McDonalds, it will make perfect crumpets and waffles! (I only tried the latter to keep the polar bear wrestler happy).

The results are perfect, if a little slow to achieve but we'll worth the wait. Working on other recipes but in the meantime, BEWARE THE POLAR BEAR WRESTLER!!!!!!
    04-09-13 11:00 AM
    Simple Browser is native in App World. I think ppl have sideloaded Dolphin (android) but I don't think it does flash. Again, I don't sideload. Well, yes, it should just buffer and continue but who knows how the site is configured? Testing on a PC doesn't say much as it should be flawless. Mobile is a whole different ballgame without much addin support. Go to some other flash sites. If you get the same behaviour then it might be PB's fault. That site may just not be PB-friendly.
    04-09-13 11:01 AM
    Simple Browser is native in App World. I think ppl have sideloaded Dolphin (android) but I don't think it does flash. Again, I don't sideload. Well, yes, it should just buffer and continue but who knows how the site is configured? Go to some other flash sites. If you get the same behaviour then it might be PB's fault. That site may just not be PB-friendly.
    I have not sideloaded anything yet.

The simple browser did not work. Ill try other sites with it, but I doubt it.

I have used other sites with PB. To no luck.
    04-09-13 11:05 AM
    People who want a Ford (wash mouth out) buy a ford (wash mouth out).

People who want a Jaguar buy a Jaguar.

People who buy a Ford and then complain that it doesn't work like a Jaguar should catch the bus!
    04-09-13 11:06 AM
    People who want a Ford (wash mouth out) buy a ford (wash mouth out).

People who want a Jaguar buy a Jaguar.

People who buy a Ford and then complain that it doesn't work like a Jaguar should catch the bus!
    Uh oh.....He's baaaackkk!!!!!
    04-09-13 11:09 AM
    Uh oh.....He's baaaackkk!!!!!
    That's what happens when you don't have a face!!!!! This is my front, not my back?
    04-09-13 11:12 AM
    I have used other sites with PB. To no luck.
    Really? Maybe you should start your 90 day full warranty coverage.
    PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US
    Sounds like you got a bad one. Or may S_O_M put a hex on it. They will probably ask you to jump through some hoops (security wipe) and return it. I hear they are giving out 32s since 16s are scarce.
    04-09-13 11:19 AM
    Sounds like you got a bad one. Or may S_O_M put a hex on it. They will probably ask you to jump through some hoops (security wipe) and return it. I hear they are giving out 32s since 16s are scarce.
    I bought mine off eBay. Am I stil valid for this? It was a surplus dealer.

Also, I bought a PB to function as a PB... And it doesnt. I think im okay to complain.
    04-09-13 11:22 AM
    Careful my little green friend!
    Attached Thumbnails A few questions about the playbook?-unnaradarmed-image.jpg  
    04-09-13 11:27 AM
    That's what happens when you don't have a face!!!!! This is my front, not my back?
    You forget, your Vulcan ancestors gave us all 5 senses and them some. Be afraid...be very afraid....Gooseberries will take over the world. Muahahaha. Along with Cats, Dogs, Sticks, pigs, polar bears, fork trucks, badgers, thespians, etc. You need to take cover in your cellar stocked with plenty of brandy and pasties.
    Note to OP: Disregard this post. You def don't want to know....
    04-09-13 11:29 AM
    I bought mine off eBay. Am I stil valid for this?

Also, I bought a PB to function as a PB... And it doesnt. I think im okay to complain.
    Sure if it was new in box. Doesn't matter where you got it. You won't be able to get a refund. You have to work with eBay seller on that. They will just send you out a replacement.
    04-09-13 11:32 AM
    Sure if it was new in box. Doesn't matter where you got it. You won't be able to get a refund. You have to work with eBay seller on that. They will just send you out a replacement.
    It did come with the box and everything.

I am NOT looking for a refund. I LIKE the playbook. I simply want it to work as it should; that is all. Ill call RIM and see if they can help me at all... Though I've heard that RIM support was pretty bad...
    04-09-13 11:34 AM
    You forget, your Vulcan ancestors gave us all 5 senses and them some. Be afraid...be very afraid....Gooseberries will take over the world. Muahahaha. Along with Cats, Dogs, Sticks, pigs, polar bears, fork trucks, badgers, thespians, etc. You need to take cover in your cellar stocked with plenty of brandy and pasties.
    Note to OP: Disregard this post. You def don't want to know....
    I do like you but please read ALL of the OP posts one after another??????
    04-09-13 11:38 AM
    It did come with the box and everything.

I am NOT looking for a refund. I LIKE the playbook. I simply want it to work as it should; that is all. Ill call RIM and see if they can help me at all... Though I've heard that RIM support was pretty bad...
    No, BBRY is one of the best I've seen. I had alot of trouble with the power button on mine. Couldn't get it to activate reliably. I contacted them, they sent me one 2 day, and I sent mine back prepaid 2-day. Painless. They charge you $500 on a credit card until they receive the PB at their facility but they remove the charge after that. It seemed to be new but tested and I confirmed with support and they said it was new. Your's being only a few days old should be new exchange, too.
    04-09-13 11:52 AM
    Have you tried a speed test from your playbook https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...userauth=true#

The playbook can be picky about the wifi signal/encryption used. From the little tests I've done if found that WPA2 with TKIP will max out at around 5Mbps (don't quote me on this, I don't really remember) where if you use AES, there is no such limit.
    04-09-13 11:56 AM
    How good is the wifi reception on your Playbook? Go to gear/wifi and find the place where you can read signal strength on your unit. There are Android browsers available in app world and Bumblebee has recently put a browser up for sale which is supposed to be fast. And there is a lot of information in Blackberry Knowledge Base. And I hope you have downloaded the manual.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...searchEntry.do

I have not sideloaded Android apps and probably won't. Don't see that it's a good idea until you understand how it works stock and with apps from BB World.
    04-09-13 11:59 AM
77 1234