Hey crackberry users, im new to the forum, but i've been lurking around for quite a while. Been doing a lot of research into the playbook, and after watching countless reviews on cnet and the like i decided to go check out the actual product. Just came back from future shop and a few "quirks" i havent been able to figure out.

1. I connected my BB bold 9700 to the tester unit at future shop using blackberry bridge, and was able to experience BBM and the other unlocked features on the playbook. One thing i didnt quite understand was that i wasnt able to find my BBM groups anywhere! my chats were the same as on my berry, my contacts were the same, but then groups were no where to be found !

2. after testing the speed of the internet tethering from the playbook to the bold for about 15 minutes, i received an error of some sort. thinking it was no biggie, i turned off bluetooth on both devices and i disconnected BB bridge. As i attempted to reconnect, i couldnt do it at all. the playbook kept saying that either there was an error connecting to the berry, or my berry couldnt find the playbook. i tried resetting the playbook, to no avail. i didnt reset my berry though.

So, to all current blackberry playbook owners, have you ever experienced anything like this? any other "quirks"? i'm still very interested in purchasing a playbook, but im just slowly saving up :P
    06-20-11 09:21 PM

1. I connected my BB bold 9700 to the tester unit at future shop using blackberry bridge, ......

2. after testing the speed of the internet tethering from the playbook to the bold for about 15 minutes, i received an error of some sort. thinking it was no biggie, i turned off bluetooth on both devices and i disconnected BB bridge. As i attempted to reconnect, i couldnt do it at all. the playbook kept saying that either there was an error connecting to the berry, or my berry couldnt find the playbook. i tried resetting the playbook, to no avail. i didnt reset my berry though.

:P
    May be your carrier ( AT&T or someone ) might have noticed and turned off Tethering . tethering is not FREE by any carrier.

Did you try "just bridging" using Bluetooth connection?
    06-20-11 09:37 PM
    My carrier is Rogers, and im not sure if tethering is free or not. I did only use the bluetooth connection. Would it have been better to connect using the actual tethering function on the playbook?
    06-21-11 04:14 PM
    My carrier is Rogers, and im not sure if tethering is free or not. I did only use the bluetooth connection. Would it have been better to connect using the actual tethering function on the playbook?
    Ok what i get from your post is that you actually didnt use the tethering function (Bridge Browser is not thetering), so your problem must be about Bridge, i can only talk from my own experience since i dont know many people who owns a PB (i live in M�xico) but for me Bridge has worked great since day 1, i paired my devices on the initial set up and that was it, i did the same for my Boss PB with the same results, i have also paired several BB's to my playbook and all went with no problems, but i have read several threads on this forum about people having problems with bridge, the main problem seems to be IT policies on BES, im on BIS so i cant help you with that, i do have encountered small hicups like icons dissapearing, not being able to reconnect, etc, but nothing that a device restart wouldnt fix and that was before the latest Bridge update.

Never had a problem with tetering either but i guess that would be carrier depending.
    06-21-11 04:52 PM
    Nope, no problems yet on my side neither, but after all day use of the bridge yesterday, today it wouldn't connect, so I just restarted my Pb and it worked just fine. As for the Bb messenger not showing up the groups, the same here, just hope there will be a future update that will fix this. But yes there are a lot more quirks that bother me, for example; yesterday I took a short video (6 seconds) I was bridged to my Bold 9700, so I tried to email the vid to my dad to no avail! The vid attachment just stayed in the "uploading" phase. So I contacted the Pb technical suport personnel, and after 5 emails back and forth, the Tech told me that at this time the Pb can't attach videos, maybe some time in the future. I had a WTF moment, but I give RIM a couple more weeks to come up with a major update before I decide to turn it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD