I don't know how many of you travel but on my trip to Vegas one fact is blatantly obvious. The Ipad has taken over! They are used as menus, quick check out terminals, advertising in cab, etc,etc. Looks like tablets for business use aren't going anywhere . Are you listening BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 01:19 PM
    About tablet BlackBerry never listen.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 01:30 PM
    I don't know about not listening but they sure don't seem to think outside the box.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:55 PM
    Ipads seem to have taken over here in London too. Apart from menus in restaurants Natwest bank are installing them in the banking hall. I noticed the sales staff in Dune had one each today. WhSmith shopfloor staff seem to be the exception. I was very surprised to find out they use a windows tablet. BB is definitely missing out here. If the PB was still in production maybe UK companies would have preferred it as a more secure device for their customer facing staff. Another unfulfilled PB potential.
    09-06-14 09:07 PM
    I don't mine the ipads as menus, etc. Gives a little flexibility to the establishment (easy to push out new menu items) as well as a different way to go through a menu for patrons. One thing that bugs me is all the people taking vacation pictures with their iPad...really? I mean I kind of understand the functionality of taking the pic an being able to post it on social media, but it just looks awkward.
    FF22 and nealjane1 like this.
    09-10-14 02:52 PM
    BB is not 'missing out'. They simply have nothing comparable, either in hardware or app environment. Maybe Windows and Android are missing out but BB isn't just not in the game, they are nowhere near it.
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    09-19-14 01:30 PM
    BB is not 'missing out'. They simply have nothing comparable, either in hardware or app environment. Maybe Windows and Android are missing out but BB isn't just not in the game, they are nowhere near it.
    BlackBerry has not been in the tablet market since the day they BlackBerry PlayBook was publicly available, 19 April 2011. The way management treated the tablet was akin to a mother dumping a newborn into the dumpster outside the hospital.
    brianatbb and dmlis like this.
    09-24-14 08:12 AM