In this video you see the flashing red border in the upper left corner when the site is loading. CB Kevin thought that was a
    low battery indication from the promo video released awhile back. However, here we see the battery
    nearly full and it going off. I think it is a general notification indicator similar to how the handsets have a blinking red led.

Another thing is the navigator menu being shown to deactivate apps in certain situations. For example, in this video he sets it to
    "never (all singing, all dancing)"
    which allows him to view videos even minimized in the background. Other options include
    "when they leave full screen" &
    "when new applications become full screen".

Also, as far as battery, the rep said they're still optimizing but "pretty confident we're gonna get a full days charge on it".
    Sounded pretty optimistic to me.

The options/settings menu is looking much more polished than usual too. We get a shot of the about screen showing version 1.0.1.1225
    so it's important to use this as a reference for any future revisions and how they compare.

Edit: Since CX MADE me include this , here is the rotation lock that appeared on the latest build from SXSW. Obviously, it should
    be a great feature for those wanting to prevent the device from auto rotating as the device is physically reorientated.

Here's a quick animation I created to show how the top general notification bar is brought down within apps when the red led goes off. At least this is
    how it's done on the latest simulator 0.9.4. It seems to work the same way with most of the video demonstrations I've seen recently.

Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 03-20-11 at 02:56 AM.
    03-19-11 11:57 AM
    Must be notification. If you look closely where the red light was there is a one. And when the light comes back on it changes to a 2.
    03-19-11 12:11 PM
    I'm willing to bet he was running on a MiFi also. That took way too long to load for true WiFi.
    03-19-11 12:14 PM
    I'm willing to bet he was running on a MiFi also. That took way too long to load for true WiFi.
    Good call before people start saying the browser is very slow. I know one of the other videos from SXSW the guy said hes using a MiFi hotspot.
    03-19-11 12:23 PM
    Like the notification option Cam? I thought it was a nice touch. You also forgot the rotation lock icon that's recently popped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-19-11 01:17 PM
    Like the notification option Cam? I thought it was a nice touch. You also forgot the rotation lock icon that's recently popped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you choose which corner, cause after 5 years of Berries, I'm used to looking to the right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 01:23 PM
    Options menu looks way more attractive than CES build
    03-19-11 01:30 PM
    Yeah definitely a more modern twist to what were used to on handsets.

I didn't see the rotation lock icon! I'm glad it will have it.
    03-19-11 01:56 PM
    Yeah their wifi or mifi was slow, still kick *** and looking good.
    03-19-11 02:38 PM
    Anyone feeling like it's Christmas?
    03-19-11 02:39 PM
    Yeah and seeing the os coming to fruition is nice.
    03-19-11 02:50 PM
    Does anyone know if you can do a diagonal swipe to bring up a notification list? Similar to how you do a diagonal swipe at the bottom left to bring up the keyboard. Have we even seen a pic of what the notification screen looks like?

03-19-11 04:48 PM
    Does anyone know if you can do a diagonal swipe to bring up a notification list? Similar to how you do a diagonal swipe at the bottom left to bring up the keyboard. Have we even seen a pic of what the notification screen looks like?

we haven't seen anything about notifications as of yet, but i wouldn't be surprised if thats how you access them, that is a really good idea btw!
    03-19-11 04:56 PM
    God ehhhhhh! i can't wait to excited about it. It looks to good to be real, either way i want it .
    03-19-11 08:38 PM
    More features added to the OP ^
    03-19-11 11:26 PM
    if anyone wants to compare some of the bits in the setup page to the older OS (MWC variant) then it can be seen at 1:30 in my vid i recorded

it defo looks alot more `polished` now for sure, the `all singing` option has been there since dec
    03-19-11 11:38 PM
    if anyone wants to compare some of the bits in the setup page to the older OS (MWC variant) then it can be seen at 1:30 in my vid i recorded

it defo looks alot more `polished` now for sure, the `all singing` option has been there since dec
    Thanks for pointing that out! I knew this has been a feature for awhile but never saw anyone speak in depth about it.
    03-19-11 11:45 PM
    I don't know if he was on MiFi or Wifi but he DID say himself he was on WiFi. This video makes me nervous about the web browser. Not only was the web page loading slow but the rendering and the responsiveness to touch seemed buggy.

I have not been negative about the PB but this really does not look good. RIM is at the 11th hour now, the web browser should look near ready -- this is not it.
    03-20-11 12:00 AM
    I don't know if he was on MiFi or Wifi but he DID say himself he was on WiFi. This video makes me nervous about the web browser. Not only was the web page loading slow but the rendering and the responsiveness to touch seemed buggy.

I have not been negative about the PB but this really does not look good. RIM is at the 11th hour now, the web browser should look near ready -- this is not it.
    I honestly think it was the connection speed. I could be wrong but I'm not concerned about the performance of the browser given the capabilities of the software and hardware.
    03-20-11 12:06 AM
    I honestly think it was the connection speed. I could be wrong but I'm not concerned about the performance of the browser given the capabilities of the software and hardware.
    I hope you are right but the blank portion of the finished rendering (the progress bar disappeared so it has finished loading the page) does not look right. And then being unresponsive when they tried touching the link several times...
    03-20-11 12:14 AM
    he says WIFI from what i hear. But the browser glitching didnt really bother me. The fact he said the battery was not optimized yet was much more surprising. a day of use is not really accurate. you can use it for 5 hours straight or you can just turn it on and let it sit. i know the xoom lasts for 12 hours uptime, 2-3 days of use i would say
    03-20-11 12:29 AM
    More features added to the OP ^
    Awesome job mate
    03-20-11 12:33 AM
    Awesome job mate
    I agree. This was a really awesome job. Thanks for the effort and interesting tidbits.
    Last edited by quellerie; 03-20-11 at 02:19 AM.
    03-20-11 02:16 AM
    Thanks guys! Hopefully we get some good news in the next few days. I'm hoping CTIA will bring us a release date so we can finally get our hands on one within the next weeks. Cross your fingers!
    03-20-11 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD