Proud owner of PlayBook on the front.
    Orphaned by BlackBerry on the back.
    sad_old_man and Enyigma like this.
    08-31-13 04:12 PM
    2.5 million abandoned PlayBook owners.
    $55 million to Thorsten Heins a job well done.
    Solidly built. Shamelessly ignore.
    Or
    BlackBerry Playbook the Avro Arrow of tablet.
    Last edited by bambinoitaliano; 09-01-13 at 06:46 AM.
    08-31-13 04:23 PM
    Why have you guys gotta be so mean!?!?!!? :'(

Can't we all just sit around a virtual bonfire and share memories of the good times?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-06-13 04:08 PM
    What about....

PLAYBOOKER

BlackBerry can RIM my *** for another sale
    10-06-13 04:22 PM
    Or
    How about the Edsel? Or Henry J? Or the Tucker? Or the HP Touch Pad?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-06-13 05:46 PM
    Or
    Here's one for you cat or maybe two.
    Attached Thumbnails The Few - The Brave - The Playbook Owner; Step in here!-air_20131006_00001.jpg   The Few - The Brave - The Playbook Owner; Step in here!-air_20131006_00000.jpg  
    10-06-13 08:58 PM
    Guys (and girls ) I haven't forgotten about this little project. I just got a little behind on grown up stuff
    But yeah I will get back to this now. I really like the Avro Arrow reference for this though... Hmmmmm
    10-06-13 10:49 PM
    There once was a PlayBook from RIM
    It's future was bright way back then
    The upgrades would shine
    They will be out anytime
    And soon we'll all have BB 10
    But the promises died
    And the faithful all cried
    As we realized we'd been shafted again
    10-06-13 11:40 PM
    Hey, just a thought but you could run a contest of sorts and give a shirt to the winning idea. That is,of course, if enough people want shirts .
    I think the shirt should be black, like in berry, by the way.
    sad_old_man and GV2012 like this.
    10-06-13 11:50 PM
    Unfortunately I'm about to drop my PB and go with something new and shiny
    See, I have been tempted to do the same thing, but the damn thing is just so well made! Realistically, the vast majority of apps are of no use to me, a tablet is meant for web browsing, facebook, email, etc IMHO, and the PB excels. If it wasn`t for the damn thing not running the Comixology app as good as a native android device does, I would never buy another tablet.
    10-07-13 12:32 AM
    This would make a good tee shirt.
    Attached Thumbnails The Few - The Brave - The Playbook Owner; Step in here!-img_00000468.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    10-07-13 11:06 AM
    what wss that promise?
    10-07-13 12:52 PM
    what wss that promise?
    Guess thats up for debate isn't it.
    10-07-13 01:35 PM
    Well, apart from making phones that have done pretty much whatever have been asked of them?
    10-07-13 03:05 PM
    The CEO promised OS 10 would be on the PB and did it more than once. Personally its not such a big deal to me on the tech side of things but on the business side, add in what he said about the great response and huge sales of Z10, this is not how a CEO should act. Hence, the company we have in front of us now. I don't care at what point in the product cycle you make your claims but in big boy world you don't promise what you can't deliver - EVER.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-07-13 07:12 PM
    Well, apart from making phones that have done pretty much whatever have been asked of them?
    I am going to say your right that BlackBerry makes a great device. But with BB10 not on the PlayBook (not that I personally care but lots of others do), BB10 going to save the company and sale millions of units and hasn't happened. At this point it really doesn't matter. Its pretty much a mute point and I think the last nail has been driven.
    10-07-13 09:45 PM
    'I support BBRY' - 'BBRY doesn't support me'

Pretty much says it all.

Or how about :

'55 million reasons why BBRY failed'
    10-08-13 02:21 AM
    Remember, the intention was not really to take a shot at blackberry, the idea was to support the few the brave the Playbook owners and daily users. The Few - The Brave - The Playbook Owner; Step in here!-playbookkeepcalmandcarryonresized.jpg

OR

The Few - The Brave - The Playbook Owner; Step in here!-playbookkeepcalmandcarryonblack.jpg
    Last edited by GV2012; 10-11-13 at 03:08 PM.
    10-08-13 12:54 PM
    I think this is it. Remember, the intention was not really to take a shot at blackberry, the idea was to support the few the brave the Playbook owners and daily users. So here it is, I have made an executive decision Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlaybookKeepCalmAndCarryOnResized.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	209056
    I am going to use my BlackBerry devices until they stop working. Its just a hard pill to swallow with what is happening to BlackBerry after year of using there products. I still fill that they are better than the rest out there. With my PlayBooks and 9930 I can still run circles around all of my coworkers with there Iphone and android devices. My coworkers always ask me how did you do that so fast (you have to love all of those shortcuts on the legacy devices). I fill that it was a mistake crippling the bridge on BB10 devices and removing all those fantastic shortcuts. But thats my opinion and you all know what they say about that.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-08-13 01:43 PM
    Why have you guys gotta be so mean!?!?!!? :'(

Can't we all just sit around a virtual bonfire and share memories of the good times?
    That's the best idea yet. I supply the bourbon and we all sit around laughing while the cat and the duck burn their share certificates on the bonfire!!!!!!!! Oh we can roast weenies at the same time ha ha............ Now back to the bourbon!
    dphjeff likes this.
    10-08-13 01:52 PM
    That's the best idea yet. I supply the bourbon and we all sit around laughing while the cat and the duck burn their share certificates on the bonfire!!!!!!!! Oh we can roast weenies at the same time ha ha............ Now back to the bourbon!
    I do like bourbon and that sounds like a date. Then next year at this time we can do the same thing and BS about do you remember all the good things about BlackBerry before they were bought out and cut to pieces or when Thor took 55 mill to destroy the company.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-08-13 02:03 PM
    I do like bourbon and that sounds like a date. Then next year at this time we can do the same thing and BS about do you remember all the good things about BlackBerry before they were bought out and cut to pieces or when Thor took 55 mill to destroy the company.
    Definitely NO NO NO tonsil hockey OK!!!!!!!!!
    dphjeff likes this.
    10-08-13 02:06 PM
    Definitely NO NO NO tonsil hockey OK!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, lets just drink the bourbon and forget about all this mess and no BB talk. At lease for awhile.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-08-13 02:13 PM
    The CEO promised OS 10 would be on the PB and did it more than once. Personally its not such a big deal to me on the tech side of things but on the business side, add in what he said about the great response and huge sales of Z10, this is not how a CEO should act. Hence, the company we have in front of us now. I don't care at what point in the product cycle you make your claims but in big boy world you don't promise what you can't deliver - EVER.
    maybe when crazy German Heins is history (hoffentlich) and they have some money left; a new tablet will be introduced. All the bull**** about Playbook OS 10 was because he did make promises to public without talking back to IT in concern to feasibility.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:14 PM
    Ok, lets just drink the bourbon and forget about all this mess and no BB talk. At lease for awhile.
    Ok!
    dphjeff likes this.
    10-08-13 02:48 PM
63 123