09-17-12 12:36 AM
    Smash it.

what?

I'm curious to see how durable it is.

Click to view quoted image
    lol.. thanks but no thanks hahaha:thumbdown:

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-17-12 01:10 AM
    Air browser downloaded, flash and javascript turned off and I'm in gear!!! thanks for the help!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    esk369 likes this.
    09-17-12 01:12 AM
    Actually, I've seen a guy smashed his PlayBook to the head of another guy (probably to settle their heated argument issue of which tablet nowadays is "tougher" and "better")... it turns out that the PlayBook is "tougher" than the head of that guy... but he has to find a "better" lawyer...
    esk369 likes this.
    09-17-12 01:57 AM
    Smash it.

what?

I'm curious to see how durable it is.

Click to view quoted image
    you should try understand his problem. BTW, if u want to see how durable playbook is, u can check out a youtube video. Just search by 'playbook drop test'. You will get the idea how durable it is. Lol
    8230 likes this.
    09-17-12 02:12 AM
    get used to it, the browser makes me wanna throw my playbook out the window.. from it being slow to it be unresponsive. Its never a pleasure browsing through website with the playbook.. Its always a heartache
    Oh! really?? I think we both r of same opinion. I can understand ur heartache buddy. I don't understand what all the hype is about. Its really a headache to use playbook browser. The problem is that i cant seem to get used to it.
    09-17-12 02:16 AM
    I am trying to recall - was there some issue with installing or maybe UNinstalling that Air Browser?
    09-17-12 08:55 AM
    I am trying to recall - was there some issue with installing or maybe UNinstalling that Air Browser?
    I think someone has said it can't be uninstalled, since it's treated like a core OS app. But it's a 4 MB app, so unless you really need that space, I don't see that as a problem.
    09-17-12 09:36 AM
    I think someone has said it can't be uninstalled, since it's treated like a core OS app. But it's a 4 MB app, so unless you really need that space, I don't see that as a problem.
    Yes, I following the link and then a second link, I see that UNinstalling can be an issue (possibly for some). I guess I will stick with using SimpleBrowser+ where I can have Tabs that have javascript enabled and disabled.

This past week, I found a lot of Motel Reservation sites need javascript in order to function.
    09-17-12 09:44 AM
    How To Smash A Playbook #1

And so yesterday I said to my friend:

'Could you pass me the newspaper please?'

She replied:

'Can't you use your Playbook?'

And so I did

I've never seen a fly flattened so much!

esk369 and FF22 like this.
    09-17-12 09:58 AM
    Actually, I've seen a guy smashed his PlayBook to the head of another guy (probably to settle their heated argument issue of which tablet nowadays is "tougher" and "better")... it turns out that the PlayBook is "tougher" than the head of that guy... but he has to find a "better" lawyer...
    While i never advocate violence somtimes you got to take the gloves off and do what you gotta do when i read your post i just about spit my coffee all over the place.
    On the topic at hand imo i think a lot of people with browser problems should look at their modem router setup before saying the pb browser is no good and if that doesn't work there are a lot of bigbrains on CB that can help pacomans suggestion seems to have solved op problem and he didn't have to smash his pb.
    09-17-12 10:48 AM
    While i never advocate violence somtimes you got to take the gloves off and do what you gotta do when i read your post i just about spit my coffee all over the place.

On the topic at hand imo i think a lot of people with browser problems should look at their modem router setup before saying the pb browser is no good and if that doesn't work there are a lot of bigbrains on CB that can help pacomans suggestion seems to have solved op problem and he didn't have to smash his pb.
    I agree. I was traveling the last 10 days and using various wifi systems, including password protected ones and open public ones. Some of them were flawless - in other words, I cruised the web with very few slowdowns. Used the newish CB forum app without any halts. On some wifi systems, the stalls, slowdowns and blue-boxes were driving me to distraction. It was the same pb. It was the different wifi systems that I'd guess made those differences.

That is not to say that some pb's may have some issue.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-17-12 11:33 AM
    I agree. I was traveling the last 10 days and using various wifi systems, including password protected ones and open public ones. Some of them were flawless - in other words, I cruised the web with very few slowdowns. Used the newish CB forum app without any halts. On some wifi systems, the stalls, slowdowns and blue-boxes were driving me to distraction. It was the same pb. It was the different wifi systems that I'd guess made those differences.

That is not to say that some pb's may have some issue.
    Yes if people would take some time do some research tap into others knowledge most of the time problems are solved I use various internet connections on a daily basis short example the router at one of my friends house renders my pb just about useless the public library near me has a decent hotspot the best one outside my own is pepboys they must have a turbocharger on that thing its blazing fast.
    09-17-12 12:29 PM
    I'm running lota of sideloads no issues at all. I wish people would quit suggesting this has any bearing on anything to do with anything. perhaps you should all try the beta and move forward instead of the same ole same ole complaints.
    Running about five side-loaded apps myself with no issues. The side-loaded Kindle app would freeze on occasion, but not usually. And never had any challenges with web pages - they load quickly. Haven't tried running a bunch of apps at once, for frankly I've no reason to do so.
    09-17-12 01:09 PM
    Yes, I following the link and then a second link, I see that UNinstalling can be an issue (possibly for some). I guess I will stick with using SimpleBrowser+ where I can have Tabs that have javascript enabled and disabled.

This past week, I found a lot of Motel Reservation sites need javascript in order to function.
    FWIW, when you press and hold an icon on the desktop and all icons start pulsing, there is no trashcan symbol in the Air Browser icon, so the app can not be deleted this way. However, this does not necessarily mean you can't delete it though DDPB. Also, using the Google Chrome Playbook manager plugin, Air Browser shows up with a delete option (core OS apps show with the delete option grayed out). So again, it may be possible this way. I don't want to test the theory because it would mean having to reinstall it and then reload all my bookmarks- which I don't really want to do. And yes, some sites need java enabled to be fully functional. Even, CB.com, turning java off makes the dropdown menu for notifications not function- but how often do you really need this functionality anyway. Plus, if you need java, you can always go into settings, turn java on, then reload the page. It only take a couple of seconds to do.
    09-17-12 01:31 PM
    Yes if people would take some time do some research tap into others knowledge most of the time problems are solved I use various internet connections on a daily basis short example the router at one of my friends house renders my pb just about useless the public library near me has a decent hotspot the best one outside my own is pepboys they must have a turbocharger on that thing its blazing fast.

Agree 100%. I rarely ever feel like I have to hard reset my PB. At home it is extremely fast with no hiccups, unless I start to do some serious downloading/uploading, which then (of course) my PB will slow down, along with every other system on my network (every try to play some online games while doing this? Damn near impossible). If you're having a slow experience while bridged I would consider as well that maybe its not your phone or PB that's slow, but it may an overload on your current network. For example, when I'm at the lake during the week, my mobile browsing is lightning quick, but when the weekend rolls around, there are simply too many users in same area using the same single network tower, and my mobile devices become practicaly useless, where a network connection is needed. So I would perhaps suggest that if your PB is running the latest (official) OS release, and you have a strong network to back it, then it should be fast and buttery smooth, because mine sure is! (I am also running a few sideloaded apps, in case you're wondering)
    09-17-12 04:02 PM
    FWIW, when you press and hold an icon on the desktop and all icons start pulsing, there is no trashcan symbol in the Air Browser icon, so the app can not be deleted this way.
    When I press and hold the Air Browser icon, I do get a trash can symbol.
    09-17-12 08:12 PM

Absolutely true. But in all honesty the playbook browser could use some polish. Its about to get it I think.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-17-12 08:20 PM
    When I press and hold the Air Browser icon, I do get a trash can symbol.
    Have you read this thread? There are two "Air Browsers". Which one are you talking about?
    09-17-12 10:08 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD