I'm crossing my fingers waiting for bb10 to come but my patience is running out. My browser is running like a 1950s automobile while I have the fastest internet. I'm having freezes lots, keyboard freezing and all sorts of frustrations. does anyone else have this problem? I'm beginning to think that an ipad mini is what I need

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Last edited by ryder4587; 09-15-12 at 04:07 PM.
    09-15-12 04:05 PM
    what do you mean by insightful? and what to you is insightful? so of I come praising my experience I'll get lots of thanks and likes but I should keep quiet about my frustrations? I am frustrated and I'm speaking out

09-15-12 04:16 PM
    Hard Reset first,no?

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-15-12 04:17 PM
    No, my pb browser doesn't work like that at all. Have you cleared your browser cache lately?
    09-15-12 04:21 PM
    I have done a hard reset a lot of times for the problem, I'm just scared to do another security wipe due to the painstaking time it takes to sign apps and sideload them

09-15-12 04:26 PM
    Are yoiu using the Official OS, or the BETA?
    09-15-12 04:38 PM
    I have done a hard reset a lot of times for the problem, I'm just scared to do another security wipe due to the painstaking time it takes to sign apps and sideload them

Aaaah sideloaded apps, that explains a lot.
    09-15-12 05:07 PM
    lol what does it explain? haha

09-15-12 05:09 PM
    Aaaah sideloaded apps, that explains a lot.
    Explains what?
    Browser as always sucked on PB with checker boarding and slow as a doorknob.
    Keep the faith will be better next year with a update.lol
    09-15-12 05:18 PM
    I'm running lota of sideloads no issues at all. I wish people would quit suggesting this has any bearing on anything to do with anything. perhaps you should all try the beta and move forward instead of the same ole same ole complaints.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-12 05:24 PM
    The browser sucks, always lagging and checkerboards.

Prob becuz I'm on the 2.1 beta.

Even when the page has finished loading, WTF?
    09-15-12 05:33 PM
    Last Tuesday, for the first time in several months, my PB froze on me. Then again. And AGAIN. Three times in one day!! The last time, while I was composing an email, which I had to retype. I was furious. Either RIM or Verizon had pushed some incompatible update to my PB, or I was a victim of a Flash attack. (I had visited a lot of new websites the day before.)

Anyhoo, I decided it was finally time to take the Beta plunge. I simply visited https://developer.blackberry.com/register , entered my PB's PIN and my email address, and almost instantly, I received a notification to upgrade to 2.1.0.840. A couple of hours later, the 480MB download was complete and I was up and running 2.1. I didn't have to reinstall any apps, though I'm not a sideloader, so YMMV.

In the long run, much better than smashing my PB.
    bungaboy and ryder4587 like this.
    09-15-12 05:48 PM
    On certain sites the keyboard will lag, like on Facebook and google for some strange reason. Every other sites it works fine. Not sure what the issue is? Other than that the browser works fine for me.
    ryder4587 likes this.
    09-15-12 06:23 PM
    I'm using the 2.1 beta. I downloaded desktop browser from the app center and it works so fast. too bad it feels unfinished with less options

09-15-12 06:51 PM
    Even on 2.1, every now and again it's worth clearing the browser cache like Chrysalis1156 said. I also clear local storage, I was clearing cookies too but recently found I didn't need to clear cookies and it's much easier not having to reenter passwords.
    bungaboy and ryder4587 like this.
    09-15-12 06:59 PM
    I've had my Playbook since day one and have had a few issues. Mostly, my issues have been due to my own ignorance of how to fix them. These forums have always provided help when I simply ask a question while detailing the issue.

So, a browser clearing and a hard reset always gets things running smoothly again. I'm using the beta, which is a great suggestion too.
    09-16-12 06:45 AM
    Nope....never had any of those problems. My PB browser is very fast and I've never had the PB freeze since I bought it at release. No freezing, no keyboard problems...nothing.
    jamesharmeling and esk369 like this.
    09-16-12 07:26 AM
    My browser seems to run fine-

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqetMe0UxMc[/YT]
    esk369 likes this.
    09-16-12 10:41 AM
    I've never had this experience I love the pb browser I use it in private mode and have not had any problems after the 668 update I had a battery drain issue did a hard reset and its been smooth since maybe you got a defective unit?
    And I wont trash you for wanting a ipad if it works for you mazaltov salute don't smash your pb donate itto a charity or a student or just put it away.
    09-16-12 09:10 PM
    wow pac ur browser runs amazing! even though my browser has no problems I still get checker boarding when scrolling as fast as you're going, how is it your not getting any checker boarding? whats your secret? LOL
    09-16-12 09:24 PM
    wow pac ur browser runs amazing! even though my browser has no problems I still get checker boarding when scrolling as fast as you'
    re going, how is it your not getting any checker boarding? whats your secret? LOL
    I cheated- but only a little. If you notice at the beginning of the vid, on my favorites bar there are two browsers, one is the stock browser and the other is Air Browser, which someone extracted from the BB10 dev alpha. It's similar to but not exactly identical to the native browser. Anyhow, I run the stock Browser with java and flash turned on, and Air Browser with both turned off. In the vid I'm running Air, and with java and flash off, browsing is way fast with little if any checkerboarding. I'll use Air for general browing, since most sites you don't really need flash or java. I'll use the stock browser when I know I'll need one or both, YouTube or some other video site for example. Java and flash, particuarly java, it seems, is what slows things down considerably. So running two browsers, I have the best of both worlds- java and flash when I need them, and high speed browsing when I don't.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-16-12 09:49 PM
    ahhh thanks for the clarification yea I also notice the bad lags when it comes to java, also there is this one site that drives me nuts because of the autosaving feature and it makes typing excruciatingly slow!! other sites I don't have that problem!
    09-16-12 09:55 PM
    get used to it, the browser makes me wanna throw my playbook out the window.. from it being slow to it be unresponsive. Its never a pleasure browsing through website with the playbook.. Its always a heartache
    09-16-12 11:00 PM
    how do I get the air browser...

09-16-12 11:39 PM
    how do I get the air browser...

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-737417/
    ryder4587 likes this.
    09-17-12 12:22 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD