Everyday I log onto Crackberry.com and see several quality apps being release for BB10.
    I then go into Blackberry World and see nothing...................
    Can't help but to feel left out. I guess Blackberry and the app developers don't really want Playbook owners' money.

How are you feelling about this?
    02-21-13 06:16 PM
    BB10 hasn't even been released in the USA yet. Keep yer pants on boy.... BB has to get the Phones out the door and into the customers hands or else you can forget about any future attention ever being given to the Playbook.
    02-21-13 06:28 PM
    You develop for what is new and sells.... expect the PB and OS7 devices to become orphaned really quick.....
    02-21-13 06:28 PM
    They have a captive market of 2 million+ app hungry users. Not sure what the effort would be to port a BB10 app to a PB app.
    I think the developer will have a better chance of selling a quality app to PB running 2.1 than PB running BB10 where there are more choices in Blackberry world.
    02-21-13 06:53 PM
    Tablet technology is changing rapidly, and Blackberry won't be able to keep users loyal with just software updates. If Blackberry has a new tablet in the works, then they should announce it. Current Playbook owners who are window shopping for a newer and more powerful tablet, might hold off on purchasing from a competitor if they know Blackberry will be releasing a new tablet (with the new OS) in the near future.

I own a Playbook, but I didn't buy it, it was a Christmas present. I can't but help noticing other tablets that are larger and more powerful than the Playbook. I am seriously considering on purchasing one...I need the larger screen. If Blackberry were to announce that they are going to release a tablet with a larger screen, then I would wait.
    taz323 likes this.
    02-21-13 06:54 PM
    I feel the same thing, but what I found out is BlackBerry has been slow as !@#$ when it comes to approving apps for the PlayBook and non-BB10 phones. Supposedly the Advanced OS&LED app for non-BB10 phones sat in the approval queue for about 2 weeks and was just made available today! Also KalemSoft's Media Player for the PlayBook was supposedly uploaded for approval about a week ago...
    02-21-13 10:12 PM
    Whether BlackBerry is still committed to upgrade our PlayBook to BB10 or not, the current PB's OS will be discontinued anyway... it just only matter of how BlackBerry will do the "discontinue" announcement i.e. gradually or by surprise... any effort to develop or even update current Apps or games is not a business-wise thing to do... unless, same formats are being used or can be used in emerging BB10... but just what other developers claiming that they have to re-write everything from PB's current OS to BB10, which is now also becoming valid reason to ask for another payment, the current PB's OS will eventually left or ignored by default...
    02-22-13 12:22 AM
    It's the loyal playbook owners who stuck by BlackBerry through thick and thin and are just hoping things will get better but my guess is the playbook will get left behind,if these game developers wanted to release top quality games on the playbook they could of a long time ago blackberry are not loyal to there customers the playbook owners are being kept in the dark as usual there is probably a new playbook in development and the original playbook will be forgotten but it's us mugs that just carry on hoping things will get better.
    02-22-13 01:47 AM
    Its a shame but at this point I feel it is what it is as far as this app situation goes. Hopefully we will get bb10 on the playbook soon but if not I have another tablet to hold me over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-22-13 09:52 AM
    Whether BlackBerry is still committed to upgrade our PlayBook to BB10 or not, the current PB's OS will be discontinued anyway... it just only matter of how BlackBerry will do the "discontinue" announcement i.e. gradually or by surprise... any effort to develop or even update current Apps or games is not a business-wise thing to do... unless, same formats are being used or can be used in emerging BB10... but just what other developers claiming that they have to re-write everything from PB's current OS to BB10, which is now also becoming valid reason to ask for another payment, the current PB's OS will eventually left or ignored by default...
    The PlayBook OS is QNX. It's current UI is PB 2.1. The latest QNX UI is "BB10". The PlayBook will be updated to a PB version of BB10. Call it "PB10". The beauty of the QNX OS is that it can be updated infinitely with the only limiting factor being how many operations can be performed simultaneously with less powerful processors and the amount of RAM. A very sophisticated "suite" of processes such as the "hub" will run on the PB hardware but might well prevent having 6 or 8 other running processes remaining open. Therefore, don't expect the hub on the PlayBook (is it really required for a tablet?) but expect access to other BB10 features such as apps, keyboard, browser, etc.
    02-22-13 10:10 AM
    I enjoy playing games much more on a tablet than a tiny phone screen. Hopefully some of the gameloft games will make it to the Playbook. I'm crushed over Nova 3.
    02-22-13 11:44 AM
    The Playbook WILL get BB10. We just have to be patient.

c
    carlyincanada likes this.
    02-22-13 01:35 PM