While I am thrilled that the PB is showing signs of life in the marketplace, I cant help but feel a little annoyed that the people who didn't support the device from the start get it at such a great price. I feel like maybe some love is deserved from the ones who shelled out the regular price at the beginning. Anyone else?
    12-01-11 06:53 PM
    you are not alone, there have been several threads like this. Like you mentioned in your post, atleast its selling more and hopefully will find better support amongst devs
    12-01-11 07:04 PM
    Unfortunately, that is the price one pays for being an early adopter.
    12-01-11 07:05 PM
    I was not an early adopter, but I thank those that did and and created the many threads that allowed me to gain that much more interest and eventually buying one (back in Sept.)
    disneynorth and maddie1128 like this.
    12-01-11 07:10 PM
    Well not a free device or anything but maybe a small discount for the 4G version or something. Trade up or something. God, they are throwing PBs at people and I thinking I paid almost 500 with taxes for a 16GB then had to defend it ever since. Happy to do that btw, I love this thing.
    12-01-11 07:11 PM
    Isn't that like me saying: I'm really happy about getting my PB at 199$, but I wish Rim would give me a bunch of free apps since I didn't get to play with it for the last 8 months like some other people.

People tend to forget about all the time they spent enjoying their new toys before the price goes down.
    12-01-11 07:16 PM
    To answer you thread title: Only you know.

Pay the full price for it and I'm as happy today as the day I bought it.
    Some pay much and much less, bricked it the same day and blamed RIM for it.

Who is / are the real sucker(s)?
    12-01-11 07:17 PM
    Wanting bleeding edge version means you pay. Early adopter syndrome.

I've been buying PCs since the late 80s when you had to fork out $5k for a 486 workstation. Now you can get 100x the processing/memory power for 10% of the price. If you want or need it bad enough you have to pay the piper.

Wasn't that many years ago I forked over $5k for a DLP TV set and now they are practically giving away LED sets like they are prizes in a Mickey D happy meal.
    CracklePot and d3adcrab like this.
    12-01-11 07:18 PM
    I got mine on the day of release and have been using it every day since. My laptop from work was also recently discounted significantly. I feel like a happy owner of the tablet I wanted and have been using constantly for 8 months. I paid $700 for mine and have no regrets.
    12-01-11 07:18 PM
    .....I understand your frustration, but all of us that are into tech gadgets have been on the bleeding edge one time or another.

I'll gladly trade my HD DVD player for your old PB.
    modine and pauldriver like this.
    12-01-11 07:19 PM
    Isn't that like me saying: I'm really happy about getting my PB at 199$, but I wish Rim would give me a bunch of free apps since I didn't get to play with it for the last 8 months like some other people.

People tend to forget about all the time they spent enjoying their new toys before the price goes down.
    What?

What the OP said IS NOT like what you're saying dude. I suggest you read his post again.
    12-01-11 07:22 PM
    I completely disagree with this OP. I wasn't about to pay $500 for something that wasn't a "necessity". At $200 (a price that fit my budget) I looked at what tablets were available and it was a no-brainer. The Playbook was by far better than what else was out there IMO. So by doing this sale RIM has brought in a customer they would of not had a chance at before. If I really like this tablet I will probably get a new BB phone when I renew my next contract.
    12-01-11 07:30 PM
    What?

What the OP said IS NOT like what you're saying dude. I suggest you read his post again.

TheMimic is basically saying that the grass is always greener on the other side.

Early adopters paid the high price, but had a PlayBook for the past 8 months.
    Those who waited saved money, but didn't have a PlayBook for the past 8 months.
    asherwiin and disneynorth like this.
    12-01-11 07:35 PM
    What?

The OP wants love for paying more. I want love for not having had this the last 8 months. both wishes don't make sense. As mentioned by other posters, bleeding edge tech costs money.
    12-01-11 07:38 PM
    No I don't feel like a sucker all though I didn't pay full price I only paid $100 under full. The only time I feel like a sucker is when..........oh wait that makes me the suckie.
    12-01-11 07:39 PM
    While I am thrilled that the PB is showing signs of life in the marketplace, I cant help but feel a little annoyed that the people who didn't support the device from the start get it at such a great price. I feel like maybe some love is deserved from the ones who shelled out the regular price at the beginning. Anyone else?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-11 07:42 PM
    We will free like suckers only if Research In Motion releases a second generation tablet in 2012 and it is software incompatible with the first generation BlackBerry PlayBook. As for feeling like a sucker for paying full retail back in April, I can say for myself the journey has been mostly worth the price of admission.
    12-01-11 07:43 PM
    They should give early adopters App World credit like Apple did when they reduced the price of the iPhone1.
    12-01-11 07:52 PM

WTF? Use it for 8 months? The thing is still buggy as ****. I can't even backup my playbook because of the duplicate apps from appworld. Will that be addressed before 2.0? **** no! Did you buy it in the beginning? I purchased mine for 700 bucks a week after release. Now they're half the price. What a mistake I made! I've been a long time RIM supporter and have had many devices but I will never buy another one of their products. They flat out lied about it's capabilities. Releasing advertisements with pictures of apps not supported (Skype for example). The browser used to crash constantly. Tethering disconnected all the time. Bridge barely functioned. Multiple units due to dead pixels galore (what a hassle that was). And the list goes on. Do I use it daily? Yes but if I could get my money back I would. Hey RIM, where's the thanks for helping with that initial 500,000 units? What about a kick-back? Care to say thanks for waiting while my PB was being used as a $700 paperweight because the initial OS was unuseable? Because of the playbook, RIM has lost a loyal and long time supporter and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    vinaconex, zzzdamian and trickykid like this.
    12-01-11 07:53 PM
    WTF? Use it for 8 months? The thing is still buggy as ****. I can't even backup my playbook because of the duplicate apps from appworld. Will that be addressed before 2.0? **** no! Did you buy it in the beginning? I purchased mine for 700 bucks a week after release. Now they're half the price. What a mistake I made! I've been a long time RIM supporter and have had many devices but I will never buy another one of their products. They flat out lied about it's capabilities. Releasing advertisements with pictures of apps not supported (Skype for example). The browser used to crash constantly. Tethering disconnected all the time. Bridge barely functioned. Multiple units due to dead pixels galore (what a hassle that was). And the list goes on. Do I use it daily? Yes but if I could get my money back I would. Hey RIM, where's the thanks for helping with that initial 500,000 units? What about a kick-back? Care to say thanks for waiting while my PB was being used as a $700 paperweight because the initial OS was unuseable? Because of the playbook, RIM has lost a loyal and long time supporter and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Couldn't agree more, I paid 700, still love it anyway!!!
    phylez likes this.
    12-01-11 08:16 PM
    Couldn't agree more, I paid 700, still love it anyway!!!
    Haha well there ya go. I would agree with you if the current os had been shipped with the playbook 8 months ago.
    12-01-11 08:19 PM
    So when are they going to lose you? Looks like you still own their products. When you do go please don't come back here to.......... well you know what. Good luck.
    12-01-11 08:20 PM
    So when are they going to lose you? Looks like you still own their products. When you do go please don't come back here to.......... well you know what. Good luck.
    Original. I think they make you recite that 10 times when you join this forum right?

Yes I still own their products because my 9700 works just fine. So because I'm mad at RIM for lying about their tablet I'm supposed to throw it away and buy an iPad?

I can see that you're staying here so a little tip: keep posts like those to your self. They serve as nothing.
    metz9444 and trickykid like this.
    12-01-11 08:25 PM
    I keep bringing up the fact that I paid 2000 bucks for an IBM PC jr in 1984 and now you can get it for a song...I feel totally ripped off.
    D_Whatley and Blacklatino like this.
    12-01-11 08:25 PM
    How is it any different from buying a car? Or day old bread? Stop whining.
    Roscopcoletrain and CDM76 like this.
    12-01-11 08:26 PM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD