Lol. Yeah I can really imagine the employee saying that.

Funny that you would go after the Xoom for having lag... have you never used bridge?

And as if the employee would make no mention of the tablet with the overwhelming lead in terms of sales... cool story bro.
    If a comparison is to be done between it and the xoom at least you can bridge with the playbook lag or not it's only in the bridge, a feature the xoom does not have.

But yeah this is getting quite silly with the employee customer thing.
    08-08-11 06:25 PM
    I have no lag issues at all with Bridge.
    Lucky you but you have a torch, I still have a tour.
    08-08-11 06:28 PM
    Nope! If iDevice users wanted Flash, they would by a device that had Flash. This is just proof that Flash users want iDevices.
    08-08-11 07:01 PM
    Can't we all just get along? lol

I get frustrated with the negative press on the playbook because I feel it doesn't help people make a better decision for themselves as consumers. However, I respect the iPad as Apple has done a great job with it. It is not a garbage product.

Hating is for noobs. I like reading threads on how much people like their purchase. Helps me find other uses for my Playbook that I never thought of.

Oh, and Flash is important, but its obviously isn't as important as marketing and a UI that is easier to use. I'm not saying the Playbook isn't easy, because it is very intuitive. I'm just saying that Apple has a good idea of what most consumers want, simplicity and a belief that they know how to use their tablet.

EDIT: Also, it is a little misleading to say that the playbook doesn't have email...I mean come on...the gmail mobile site is really really good, the same with hotmail (which most of the time you can forward your emails to either hotmail or gmail) if you have a blackberry then no worries, if you have installed the android marketplace you can have you email come in with an app or use the native gmail app, I think there is a third party email app for the playbook (correct me if I'm wrong).

So...really the problems we have are not having email: issues with non-hotmail/gmail accounts without having a blackberry, or paying for an app we want to have included, and in general more inconvenient email access with the Playbook.

But yes, an email app is important for non-blackberry users who want more convenient email access.

I hope RIM makes a native email app to make email more convenient. I'm rooting for them.
    Last edited by chiefbroski; 08-08-11 at 09:25 PM.
    08-08-11 09:08 PM
    Silent observation.
    1) I'm addicted to CB
    2)I'm addicted to my BB
    3)I love my iTouch
    4)I love my PB
    5)I love my self
    Careful about doing #5 too much, you might go blind...
    08-08-11 09:13 PM
    Haha

Sent from my Incredible
    08-08-11 09:18 PM
    By the way, it is the negative press that is going to give RIM a wakeup call and lead to much better products in the future. That is, if they survive. I sure as he|| would not settle for the current state of affairs.
    08-08-11 09:47 PM
    Or develop hairy palms
    08-08-11 10:05 PM
    Ditto! If the people who enjoy a platform don't speak up, who will? A small dedicated group make a difference. Look at Apple, for years it was a niche product now they rule the world, lol.
    not for long.... the rimpire is striking back. On the up side, I can't see my day without my pb in my hand. First device I turn on in the morning and last to be turned off before bed....
    08-08-11 10:09 PM
    By the way, it is the negative press that is going to give RIM a wakeup call and lead to much better products in the future. That is, if they survive. I sure as he|| would not settle for the current state of affairs.
    This is true. Which kinda makes part of me want some of this pressure on them as I'm not confident they would be working as hard to innovate otherwise. Although where I differ is that I still find Blackberry to be the best for my needs. Hopefully its consumers such as yourself who ensure they don't start settling for mediocre.
    08-08-11 10:11 PM
    not for long.... the rimpire is striking back. On the up side, I can't see my day without my pb in my hand. First device I turn on in the morning and last to be turned off before bed....
    I like your enthusiasm. I do wonder other than t-shirts that say rimpire is striking back, how and with what product are they striking back with? The Playbook is not competative and the upcoming phones look OK but are mediocre at best.
    08-09-11 11:06 AM
136 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD