Hey,

So long story short, the elastic lining on the playbook was peeling off, I called RIM, and they were happy to set me up with an RMA.

I got the box and everything, and was ready to ship to the States (from Canada). I called the FEDEX deliveryman, and he came by, and was to pick it up. I hadn't anticipated that he'd come so early, so I brought out the playbook and the box (and everything else) so that I can pack it.

Infront of the guy, I was putting the RIM RMA confirmation papers (inside) the box. And then went on to closing it and everything. While the guy was on my porch, he decided he'd take the liberty to seal the box, however, the seal fell into my deck. He told me not to worry about it, and proceeded to take out the RIM RMA form, including any other papers that came with the box, put the box inside the Envelope, and then put all papers (including RIM papers) into the pouch of the envelope (At this point, the only thing in the box is the PB).

He now proceeded to taking in the ZIP code of the delivery location (found in the FEDEX Airway Bill), but it kept failing. He shuffled through the papers, and took the one that belonged to Tennessee. I thought, hey, it's the State that it needs to go to, so what the heck. It's all sent now, and looking at the tracking number RIM gave me, it appears as though there is no more activity.

I'll wait the night and check the RMA status, if something seems off, I'll give FEDEX a call to see what's happening, however, my experience is currently putting me at the edge of my seat. I don't want my playbook to just disappear.
    Last edited by Wolfdale7; 06-28-12 at 10:23 AM.
    06-28-12 10:16 AM
    I understand your nervousness but your playbook won't disappear. Any chance you can share the number for Rim? I'm from the USA and need my charger replaced.
    06-28-12 10:31 AM
    Us-
    1-877-644-8410
    06-28-12 10:37 AM
    Ahh, great, I just checked the tracking number at it was received two hours ago, I guess the system had to update.

Anyway, hope Chaddface helped with regards to RIM's number.

Thanks for the reassurance!
    06-28-12 11:15 AM
    In another post, someone (he provided a video) mentioned texas but it is TENNESSEE where the repair center is located. Its postal abbreviation is TN (whereas texas is TX) (no offense to texans but I wanted to emphasize TN)
    06-28-12 11:51 AM
    There will not be a change until later on when it arrives at the station the courier is from, which will be put in appropriate aircraft container at the station, then from the station it is transported to the ramp, where container is offloaded from tractor trailer taken to appropriate ramp agent for loading onto aircraft. During this process the package will recieve 5 scans in which 3 will be recorded in to the tracking stats. How do I know this, look at my avatar.
    06-28-12 12:30 PM
    There will not be a change until later on when it arrives at the station the courier is from, which will be put in appropriate aircraft container at the station, then from the station it is transported to the ramp, where container is offloaded from tractor trailer taken to appropriate ramp agent for loading onto aircraft. During this process the package will recieve 5 scans in which 3 will be recorded in to the tracking stats. How do I know this, look at my avatar.
    I have sent two Playbooks in for a RMA and FEDEX has done an outstanding job of getting them there quickly. Is the RIM repair depot by any chance near the Fedex depot in Tennessee?
    06-28-12 12:57 PM
    Fedex does have a Tech repair facility in Memphis, but who they do repair work for, I have no idea. I'm out of the ramp facility out of Dulles Airport just outside of DC.
    06-28-12 01:02 PM
    I was a bit concerned as I dropped mine off at one of those local "full service" packing/shipping places. I had asked him if he scanned and he said "no" and dropped it into a fedex bucket. Fedex pickup at 4:30pm, Seattle, and it was in TN, the next morning.
    06-28-12 02:48 PM
    Word of advice. You aren't the first one this has happened to and you won't be the last....
    06-28-12 03:10 PM
    Places like Fedex Kinko's aren't courier type places, but they do get courier's in to pick up packages there because they are drop locations. The scanning pads that couriers carry have cellular modems in them, but until the courier get's back to the station and does the scanner dump into the system, than the packages get associated with that station and starts the tracking process for customers. Because the scanners do have cellular modems in them, Customer service can access what got scanned in the system at anytime.

If by chance you ever wonder where thing's go in Memphis. Here is Memphis International Airport, and the Whole northern part of the Airport is Fedex Express.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=airpo...rce=gplus-ogsb
    06-28-12 03:19 PM
    Word of advice. You aren't the first one this has happened to and you won't be the last....
    What happened? Good service?
    06-28-12 03:45 PM
    RIM killed my RMA. Sent me an envelope a month after the RMA was created, I sent the Playbook, they supposedly fixed it and sent it back, but without documentation that would allow FedEx to process it through Customs. This is the second week it's been sitting at FedEx - I check the tracking daily and it says awaiting clearance. I also email RIM daily, but they don't respond. I am soooo very very angry right now.

So consider yourself lucky
    06-29-12 11:13 PM
    Well, I finally got my PlayBook, two weeks later. After multiple emails to RIM plus another call, they sent the documentation.

Pity that RIM screwed up my tablet. The screen flickers uncontrollably, it goes reverse video sometimes (screen colors reverse) and sometimes I cannot get it to wake up by swiping - I have to hold down the power button. I am soooo VERY PISSED.

Camera works though...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-06-12 02:14 PM
    Let us know how "RMA, the sequel" turns out!!

Good luck with this!
    07-06-12 04:18 PM
    Got worse. Now it takes multiple tries (10 minutes or more ) to get to a usable screen. I plan to do a YouTube video.

No luck with RIM yet. They suggested I take it back to Staples - a year later and after they wrecked it. Lovely customer service, yeah?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-16-12 03:12 PM
    My experience with BB support was very good.

Are you saying that the PB they sent to you was defective and you were told you they won't fix it?
    Perhaps they said it would be easier for you then sending it back again because of your location?
    That doesn't sound anywhere near my experience or what others have reported.
    07-16-12 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD