02-10-12 10:22 PM
115 ... 2345
tools
    Meant to be Funny.. Ha Ha. Look at my other posts. I'm in the "hope it drops by end of Feb" group.
    Yeah, it was funny, NOT! Oh yeah, I'm in the hoping for Feb 27th group, but will not complain if it drops sooner than that.
    02-08-12 08:49 AM
    Yeah, it was funny, NOT! Oh yeah, I'm in the hoping for Feb 27th group, but will not complain if it drops sooner than that.
    I hear ya friend.
    02-08-12 09:16 AM
    I agree with the last few posts regarding rim needing to prove itself by getting off its a** and making a show. RIM has degenerated into a company that fires off a pop gun and while patting itself on the back Apple, Motorola and Samsung are firing off cannons. Nobody hears, notices or cares about the little tiny starter pistol.
    02-08-12 09:35 AM
    Man I don't know if I envy the people who will buy their first playbook that ships with 2.0 already. While they didn't have to go through the long wait and frustration, they won't be able to appreciate it as much.

The release of 2.0 will make me a happy customer, or a angry troll if there are too many bugs.
    auditman and peter9477 like this.
    02-08-12 10:12 AM
    I agree with the last few posts regarding rim needing to prove itself by getting off its a** and making a show. RIM has degenerated into a company that fires off a pop gun and while patting itself on the back Apple, Motorola and Samsung are firing off cannons. Nobody hears, notices or cares about the little tiny starter pistol.
    The way customers get treated at their SBB store reflects this...
    02-08-12 10:17 AM
    I agree in parts! But lets just wait for BlackBerry 10 to kickoff! BlackBerry 10 is not just for smartphones! Its for Mobile Computing! Very nice move by RIM!
    02-08-12 10:33 AM
    Man I don't know if I envy the people who will buy their first playbook that ships with 2.0 already. While they didn't have to go through the long wait and frustration, they won't be able to appreciate it as much.

The release of 2.0 will make me a happy customer, or a angry troll if there are too many bugs.
    Well RIM really seemed to have done the Playbook right and it has few to no bugs.... what im concerned about is how watered-down, stripped of content, the OS release will be just so RIM can get it out before too much time has passed and they get raked over the coals for delaying yet again. RIM has become notorious for slow releases and delays.
    02-08-12 10:46 AM
    I agree too.
    RIM needs to start playing with the big boys. Grow some cahones, set a date AND stick to it, no matter what it takes. Show the consumers they mean business. The lack of confidence is rooted in their inability to execute. RIM needs to show us they can deliver ON TIME. This wishy washy attitude of "well, maybe, in a month or so... you get it when its ready" doesn't cut it anymore.

Give the consumer something to be excited about RIM! Give the media (like crackberry) something POSITIVE to report about! Get out there and show us the change you promised. OS2 is a big deal. Make some waves!
    02-08-12 10:52 AM
    Haha. So much for those so called "excellent sources" that said it would be out on the 7th.
    02-08-12 11:40 AM
    Haha. So much for those so called "excellent sources" that said it would be out on the 7th.
    The wiser among us didnt believe it in the first place.
    02-08-12 11:46 AM
    Its also not the 17th or 21st. Fingers crossed.....
    02-08-12 12:46 PM
    I'm going to start a new thread every day saying that the update WILL be released TODAY. Then, after it has been released, I will link back to the thread on the right day and say I totally called it!
    02-08-12 02:29 PM
    I have seen on blogs and forums that an internal RIM launch date leaked is Feb 17. Another forum post somewhere said Best Buy was gearing up for a launch on Feb 21. Again not official but these dates have been mentioned on forums and blogs.
    02-08-12 03:16 PM
    I have seen on blogs and forums that an internal RIM launch date leaked is Feb 17. Another forum post somewhere said Best Buy was gearing up for a launch on Feb 21. Again not official but these dates have been mentioned on forums and blogs.
    I can also quote back and show you when Alex Saunders said it was going to be released before Winter..and definately was going to be released before the New Year. We all know how that went

The latest "rumor" is some Senior RIM dude has said it will be released "in the next two weeks". That sounds vague enough to definately sound like something RIM would say..
    02-08-12 06:15 PM
    Feb 7th wasn't really believable
    02-08-12 06:19 PM
    I'm just looking forward to the time I wake up and my BB phone tells me I have an update available and it's BB Bridge, because that more than likely means the Playbook OS update is REALLY close

Si.
    02-08-12 06:31 PM
    I still say this is a major release update and RIM should tell us a date. This is not just for the loyalist but also good for marketing. This release will show that RIM is serious in fixing major mistakes in the past and these is that start of the new beginning.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-08-12 09:33 PM
    OK. So I woke up this morning, took a shower, got ready for work early enough & tried to pretend that I didn't want to run to my FULLY charged PlayBook & click on Software Updates & see NEW UPDATE Available... but that didn't happen. Instead, I got the same boring you have the most recent software blah blah blah...

What is going on? Does anyone know anything about the release? I mean this is a tad bit frustrating. I have been waiting just like many of you have for this day to see if we would crash the update servers... but so far nothing. I went home for lunch & tried again... NOTHING! This sucks. Am I alone in aboard the SS. Frustration Boat?

I'm still excited that I got Poynt on it last night & that I really do use Evernote for most of my stuff, but I WANT my email, Calendar & contacts on there. I don't have a BB Phone & would also like to see BBMessenger for non BB Phone owners...

Now, I'm just rambling.. Maybe tonight it will show me that there's an update...
    I know what you meant and I like you can't wait to see OS2 show up so my grandparents and my parents can start emailing their love ones. Currently they just don't want to deal with logging in and out Gmail webmail every time.
    Just be patient. Enjoy Poynt and Evernote and don't think about it. It'll come in no time.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-08-12 09:40 PM
    I believe developers had until Feb 13th to submit apps to receive a free PB, so I would assume it wouldn't be released until after that date....which is still "sometime in February!!" Anxious, but at this point I've waited since April last year ...sooooo
    02-09-12 04:23 AM
    I am in the end of the month camp myself. When it happens, it happens. Now if it's March 1st and still no OS2, then we should load up the back of the truck with pitchforks and torches and head to Waterloo.....

So how long after OS2 is released will we get our first "When will OS3 come out?" thread?
    T_Touch likes this.
    02-09-12 07:19 AM
    We are a week into February. There are 3 more weeks to go. "Anytime before March 1st" has always been the release date. That hasn't changed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Flexin and peter9477 like this.
    02-09-12 07:27 AM
    I need new PB. All the pixels on the left side are dead. My wife tells me to stop hiting the Software Updates button. I can't stop my OCD won't let me.. Can anyone suggest a good therapist. Thanks in advance.
    02-09-12 02:47 PM

Did I miss any RIM fanboy excuses?
    You forgot to belittle others by pointing out that they just can't comprehend the mind boggling complexity of QNX and that its taking long because its so revolutionary, like RIM is building a time machine or a teleportation device(when the reality is that they're just trying to get their Playbook on par with what other tablets could do two years ago).
    02-09-12 08:26 PM
    You forgot to belittle others by ...
    She did a pretty good job with the ones she used.
    02-09-12 09:55 PM
    You forgot to belittle others by pointing out that they just can't comprehend the mind boggling complexity of QNX and that its taking long because its so revolutionary, like RIM is building a time machine or a teleportation device(when the reality is that they're just trying to get their Playbook on par with what other tablets could do two years ago).
    What on earth are you doing on this forum? By the looks of it you don't even own a BB device! The reality is that, even now, the PB does stuff that other tablets still cannot do. If you were referring to the native PIM apps, those other (wide open) tablets never had to contend with the headache of interfacing with BB's security and, while it still doesn't excuse RIM for poor timing and execution...it IS the reason!
    02-09-12 10:18 PM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD