02-10-12 10:22 PM
115 123 ...
tools
    OK. So I woke up this morning, took a shower, got ready for work early enough & tried to pretend that I didn't want to run to my FULLY charged PlayBook & click on Software Updates & see NEW UPDATE Available... but that didn't happen. Instead, I got the same boring you have the most recent software blah blah blah...

What is going on? Does anyone know anything about the release? I mean this is a tad bit frustrating. I have been waiting just like many of you have for this day to see if we would crash the update servers... but so far nothing. I went home for lunch & tried again... NOTHING! This sucks. Am I alone in aboard the SS. Frustration Boat?

I'm still excited that I got Poynt on it last night & that I really do use Evernote for most of my stuff, but I WANT my email, Calendar & contacts on there. I don't have a BB Phone & would also like to see BBMessenger for non BB Phone owners...

Now, I'm just rambling.. Maybe tonight it will show me that there's an update...
    02-07-12 01:38 PM
    Nobody promised you a OS 2.0 update on February 7th just as nobody promised you a . The collective wisdom of this forum pegs the release date between February 14th and 29th although all we have officially from the CEO is "sometime in February" or "by the end of February."
    02-07-12 01:42 PM
    keep waiting...
    02-07-12 01:43 PM
    I understand your excitement for the release but Feb 7th was just a date that was never backed up by much evidence. Personally I am waiting for another 10 days until I will start feeling your WTF sentiments.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    buffandsweet33 likes this.
    02-07-12 01:46 PM
    That Feb 7th date came from a single BB blog that claimed to have excellent sources. Clearly, not as "excellent" as they thought.

I'd love it to be sooner, but I wouldn't set my heart on anything earlier than the 21st at this point.
    02-07-12 01:51 PM
    I understand your excitement for the release but Feb 7th was just a date that was never backed up by much evidence. Personally I am waiting for another 10 days until I will start feeling your WTF sentiments.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    It's not so much a WTF sentiment... I mean, I am just expressing my frustrations. I understand that the 7th was a date thrown out there, but you would think that with iOS & Android growing DAILY, that RIM would want to get OS 2 released so that the skeptics could finally shut their traps.

Again, I am not a BB Phone user so this was a very thought out decision. Multi-Task vs iPad & all the APPS/Cloud etc. I got rid of my BB phone years ago & don't even use a smart phone at the moment. I was just as excited about this release as a fat kid walking into a candy shop. *NO OFFENSE TO THE CHUBBY PEOPLE*

I can wait all month if need be, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I am actually looking forward to more than just the email & calendar apps. I am actually excited about being to organize my apps into folders... ANYHOW... I am going to just wait it out. What choice do I have? Peace out!
    02-07-12 01:53 PM
    Just wish he gives us a date. It's already Feb. Os2 is gotta be ready by now. Or at least let us use the os their using for presentation even if it is beta.
    Last edited by auditman; 02-07-12 at 02:00 PM.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-07-12 01:53 PM
    Just wish he gives us a date. It's already Feb. Os2 is gotta be ready by now. Or at least let us us the o's they really using for presentation even if it is beta.
    Exactly... I mean, give us a REAL DATE... So that way, the speculation can end & we can all just chill out & wait. That's it...
    jdngfx likes this.
    02-07-12 01:55 PM
    Exactly... I mean, give us a REAL DATE... So that way, the speculation can end & we can all just chill out & wait. That's it...
    A Real Date? A REAL DATE? THATS TOO MUCH TOO HANDLE!!!! HOW WILL I SLEEP TILL THEN????

WORSE YET!!!!!! HOW WILL I SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE??????????

02-07-12 02:02 PM
    OK. So I woke up this morning, took a shower, got ready for work early enough & tried to pretend that I didn't want to run to my FULLY charged PlayBook & click on Software Updates & see NEW UPDATE Available... but that didn't happen. Instead, I got the same boring you have the most recent software blah blah blah...

What is going on? Does anyone know anything about the release? I mean this is a tad bit frustrating. I have been waiting just like many of you have for this day to see if we would crash the update servers... but so far nothing. I went home for lunch & tried again... NOTHING! This sucks. Am I alone in aboard the SS. Frustration Boat?

I'm still excited that I got Poynt on it last night & that I really do use Evernote for most of my stuff, but I WANT my email, Calendar & contacts on there. I don't have a BB Phone & would also like to see BBMessenger for non BB Phone owners...

Now, I'm just rambling.. Maybe tonight it will show me that there's an update...
    No one said it was coming on the 7th!!! No reason to be let down..
    Barljo likes this.
    02-07-12 02:07 PM
    If you want a date, I heard one from a "reliable source": it will be out on February 29, 2012.

(On the other hand, they may surprise everyone and be early, but with any luck nobody will actually complain about that.)
    02-07-12 02:07 PM
    A Real Date? A REAL DATE? THATS TOO MUCH TOO HANDLE!!!! HOW WILL I SLEEP TILL THEN????

WORSE YET!!!!!! HOW WILL I SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE??????????

He's got a point there...

But yeah. Nobody promissed OS2 for today, the 21st is where my money is at, but it may as well be the 29th for all I care. I want rock solid stability and warp speed performance. I already have the hardware and I am not ditching it.
    zethaaron and swiftex like this.
    02-07-12 02:11 PM
    Yeah, I can hardly wait for OS2 to drop so we can read all of the "OS2 update bricked my PB", and "Where's the <insert your forgotten feature> they promised!", or "What happened to my root access?" and so on and so on.

Come to think about, I *can* wait.
    BrizzadMan, FF22, kbz1960 and 4 others like this.
    02-07-12 02:19 PM
    I'm surprised someone put so much hope into the Feb 7 guestimation... Now if the 16th roles through and there is no update to be seen, I'll have the same feelings but for now, i'll just wait.
    02-07-12 02:21 PM
    At least you are showered.
    02-07-12 02:22 PM
    I'm going with February 27th then if it comes out sooner I will be very happy, but if it comes out the 28th or even the 29th (which seems unlikely since MWC starts on the 27th), then I will only have a couple of days to wait at the most and not be disappointed for as long as those expecting it today or even on the 17th will be if it doesn't happen then.
    02-07-12 02:25 PM
    I will be a tad perturbed if OS 2 does not arrive by the end of the month
    buffandsweet33 likes this.
    02-07-12 02:31 PM
    ... Am I alone in aboard the SS. Frustration Boat?

yes you are
    02-07-12 02:31 PM
    We are talking about RIM here and if we go with their history of release communications and delays and all else ... well there's your answer to when it will be released.
    02-07-12 02:36 PM

Really??? Like really? Wow, you my friend, need to learn to READ! It's been front page news on crackberry and in the forums plastered everywhere that the best speculated dateS are either Feb 17th or Feb 21st. Just because one site says they have a credible source that says Feb 7th didn't come from a credible source at all, and if today was the day it was to be released, our fearless Crackberry team would have been ALL over it last night.

Just relax and don't worry about trying to update tonight.... we will know it is VERY close when Bridge 2.0 gets updated first (the software that allows the Blackberry phone which you don't own to communicate with the playbook) So just chill, and wait until the 17th to start a cry baby post like this
    9of13 likes this.
    02-07-12 02:42 PM
    I'm waiting for some troll to comeup with XYZ blog has claimed with the help of an excellent source that OS2 will turn out on Feb 30.

I believe OS2 will be rolled out on 17. If it doesn't I'll probably stop using PB for an hour or so and will come back to it on very 1st minute after that hour(I love my PB).

Have patience buddy.
    Kerrstar likes this.
    02-07-12 02:42 PM
    It's not so much a WTF sentiment... I mean, I am just expressing my frustrations. I understand that the 7th was a date thrown out there, but you would think that with iOS & Android growing DAILY, that RIM would want to get OS 2 released so that the skeptics could finally shut their traps.

Again, I am not a BB Phone user so this was a very thought out decision. Multi-Task vs iPad & all the APPS/Cloud etc. I got rid of my BB phone years ago & don't even use a smart phone at the moment. I was just as excited about this release as a fat kid walking into a candy shop. *NO OFFENSE TO THE CHUBBY PEOPLE*

I can wait all month if need be, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I am actually looking forward to more than just the email & calendar apps. I am actually excited about being to organize my apps into folders... ANYHOW... I am going to just wait it out. What choice do I have? Peace out!

I've been Waiting since the launch date.. I bought mine 0 Day

So chilax a bit and busy yourself with something else or you are going to go nuts..

I was excited back in june when i thought it was coming.. then the Dev con in san fran.. no i just wait until its officially announced.. No point getting hyped up a rumoured release date... Don't want to be one of the apple fans that were sure the iphone 5 was coming in the fal..
    02-07-12 02:50 PM
    I'm waiting for some troll to comeup with XYZ blog has claimed with the help of an excellent source that OS2 will turn out on Feb 30.

I believe OS2 will be rolled out on 17. If it doesn't I'll probably stop using PB for an hour or so and will come back to it on very 1st minute after that hour(I love my PB).

Have patience buddy.
    Don't you mean the speculated date of Feb 33rd? Feb 30th seems too close
    02-07-12 02:57 PM
    I've been Waiting since the launch date.. I bought mine 0 Day

So chilax a bit and busy yourself with something else or you are going to go nuts..

I was excited back in june when i thought it was coming.. then the Dev con in san fran.. no i just wait until its officially announced.. No point getting hyped up a rumoured release date... Don't want to be one of the apple fans that were sure the iphone 5 was coming in the fal..
    What he said
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-07-12 02:57 PM
    Sorry but some of us are gullible and that's exactly what Berryfication counted on. The rumor helped them to bump up their website visit count so that they can charge more for ads.

Just a theory
    02-07-12 03:00 PM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD