Just wish he gives us a date. It's already Feb. Os2 is gotta be ready by now. Or at least let us use the os their using for presentation even if it is beta.
    They said February so that makes the date on or before February 29th. It will come.

James
    02-07-12 05:55 PM
    Well many have been rude and offensive in their rebutles but the facts true, they didnt promise a release on Feb 7... But that being said, I think the real issue is that Feb 7 marks the official end to the first week of the month, leaving 3 weeks left and we dont know a thing... The OS hasnt even been allowed into the hands yet of a reviewer, reporter or blogger; the official word has been given that its not even finished yet. (Before you rim loyalty cops pounce on that keep in mind only this feature or that has been shown on various different playbooks and by a rim official who kept the playbook clutched tightly in their hands)

At some point in the not too distant future everybody will be forced to ask themselves, Is this going to be yet another disappointment?
    02-07-12 06:29 PM
    I'm going with February 27th then if it comes out sooner I will be very happy, but if it comes out the 28th or even the 29th (which seems unlikely since MWC starts on the 27th), then I will only have a couple of days to wait at the most and not be disappointed for as long as those expecting it today or even on the 17th will be if it doesn't happen then.
    You are making an assumption that it'll come out by the 29th "at the latest".
    But you are also talking about RIM!
    02-07-12 07:19 PM
    02-07-12 07:19 PM
    I don't know much about this stuff so can somebody enlighten me as to why RIM would choose not to release the date for OS2 well before it comes out. What is their incentive for holding back?
    02-07-12 07:27 PM
    I believe they've had a bad year, lost a ton of money and market-share, and there have been delays in scheduled releases. Heck, just watch any of the OS 2 preview videos, the thing was far from ready. It gltched out several times during the demo, causing the RIM ceo's to cry " the demo gods aren't with this unit today" , causing the interviewer to retort "I can see that". It was almost painfully to watch.

Short answer is just like RIM stated, it's not finished yet, ie: its still buggy and being worked on.

Gotta be close now you'd think ,eh!?
    02-07-12 07:37 PM
    As long as it's released sometime this month, I'm good. I am out of my mind with anticipation though!!!

I hope they have their servers ready for the onslaught of downloads..... here we come!
    02-07-12 07:41 PM
    lol..i thought feb 7 was just something a forum user said..i think the 17 might be a better date.
    02-07-12 08:00 PM
    It just seems like by now they should be putting finishing touches. They've had what seems like a long time to do this. That is kind of concerning.
    02-07-12 08:10 PM
    They said February so that makes the date on or before February 29th. It will come.

James
    Man this is deja vu....for the third time...
    02-07-12 08:14 PM
    Too bad I will be at work... I'm a CIA agent who works in the field and most times I don't have WiFi

lol
    If you were serious I'd start lobbying to have intelligence services outsourced to mall security companies.
    02-07-12 09:14 PM
    Yeah, I can hardly wait for OS2 to drop so we can read all of the "OS2 update bricked my PB", and "Where's the <insert your forgotten feature> they promised!", or "What happened to my root access?" and so on and so on.

Come to think about, I *can* wait.
    I like this post so much!!!
    02-07-12 09:19 PM
    It's RIM, don't get your hopes up.
    02-07-12 09:32 PM
    Maybe we need to start a betting pool on OS 2.0 and its release date ,to pass by the waiting, ill start in with $20 on the 27th FEB.
    02-07-12 10:45 PM
    OK. So I woke up this morning, took a shower, got ready for work early enough & tried to pretend that I didn't want to run to my FULLY charged PlayBook & click on Software Updates & see NEW UPDATE Available... but that didn't happen. Instead, I got the same boring you have the most recent software blah blah blah...

What is going on? Does anyone know anything about the release? I mean this is a tad bit frustrating. I have been waiting just like many of you have for this day to see if we would crash the update servers... but so far nothing. I went home for lunch & tried again... NOTHING! This sucks. Am I alone in aboard the SS. Frustration Boat?

I'm still excited that I got Poynt on it last night & that I really do use Evernote for most of my stuff, but I WANT my email, Calendar & contacts on there. I don't have a BB Phone & would also like to see BBMessenger for non BB Phone owners...

Now, I'm just rambling.. Maybe tonight it will show me that there's an update...

I'm confused. So you seem bothered that they didn't deliver something on a day they didn't promise. Would you be happier if they had promised today and didn't deliver?
    02-07-12 10:48 PM
    I bought another 32gb playbook for my mom. I told her bout my playbook and she said she will get good use out of it than her iphone for browsing and YouTube. Problem is I didn't want to send it to her with os1 or os2 beta. She's not a technical person and would not know how to upgrade it. I'm in vancouver and she's in newbrunswick. That's why I was hoping for the release v2 to come out soon.
    02-07-12 11:10 PM
    I bought another 32gb playbook for my mom. I told her bout my playbook and she said she will get good use out of it than her iphone for browsing and YouTube. Problem is I didn't want to send it to her with os1 or os2 beta. She's not a technical person and would not know how to upgrade it. I'm in vancouver and she's in newbrunswick. That's why I was hoping for the release v2 to come out soon.
    It will most likely go through the upgrade process with/for her. Any time I've had an update available, it's automatically pushed out to my device rather than my having to check for it. Worse comes to worse, you end up placing a phone call to tell her how to get the update. It's not like it will require plugging into the computer.
    02-07-12 11:27 PM
    That's what I'm gonna end up doing. Wish teamviewer would comeout with the playbook version so I could support her bb remotely. Anyways I guess I will go ahead and send her the pb this week with v2 beta :-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 11:43 PM
    I think one thing that needs to be mentioned is that there should be an iPad 3 event soon, w/ a release shortly thereafter. I know RIM cannot totally revolve around apple and their release schedule, but they really need the news of OS2.0 to get out there. When there is an iPad 3 announcement it will engulf all other tech news.

Heck when the invites for the apple event go out everything else just falls to the background. RIM needs to get this out ASAP.
    02-07-12 11:57 PM
    I agree with u bud!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 12:00 AM
    Well, I'm completely agree with you. Let's be realistic, people are more interested in getting news about ipad3 than OS2, at least most people out there. 2012 is crucial for RIM and they should play their card right to bounce back.
    02-08-12 01:46 AM
    I just want everyone to know that it is now Feb 8 and OS 2 is still not out yet.
    02-08-12 08:23 AM
    ^^^^^ Are you sure???????
    02-08-12 08:32 AM
    ^^^^^ Are you sure???????
    Yes. Very sure.

Prove us wrong?
    02-08-12 08:41 AM
    Yes. Very sure.

Prove us wrong?
    Meant to be Funny.. Ha Ha. Look at my other posts. I'm in the "hope it drops by end of Feb" group.
    Shocktribe likes this.
    02-08-12 08:47 AM
115 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD