I have had my Playbook for about 3 months now. I have not updated to the beta 2.0. I am waiting for the official release, but at the same time I am not holding my breath that it will be on time, whatever time that it might be. I am just sitting back and enjoying what I have for now, and dreaming of what I wish I could do, and scratching my head on some things (PDF Save) (Print) (Text) (Video Chat other than Playbook) as to why I can't do or have certain things. I have to laugh because I get a Doc attachment on my phone and it opens no problem, however, sometimes when I use the playbook it tells me it can not open the same exact DOC because it is not a true Doc documentation. Things that make you go REALLY??? Oh well, I will keep my cool until the offical release comes out, and then I will see what kind of product I really have. I know that some of my issue's are not with Rim, but with the App makers themselves. Or should I say the lack of App makers
    01-26-12 03:13 AM
    Well to a certain extent, your issue is indeed with RIM as they have made it so difficult for developers to write for the Blackberry platform, when Apple and Google has been very open and helpful.

And I will only believe in the existence of OS2 on the day it is actually released and on my Playbook. Until then, it is all science fiction to me.
    01-26-12 03:51 AM
    If the Malayan Calendar End-Of-The-World prediction is true, and the official OS2 February release date is also true, then we will have only 10 months to enjoy our PlayBook...

Honestly, I don't really care about the "End-Of-The-World Prediction", but the February release of OS2 is what matters most... And I hope that it is true...
    01-26-12 04:20 AM
    Lol!!!!!! :-)
    01-26-12 04:25 AM
    Well to a certain extent, your issue is indeed with RIM as they have made it so difficult for developers to write for the Blackberry platform, when Apple and Google has been very open and helpful.

And I will only believe in the existence of OS2 on the day it is actually released and on my Playbook. Until then, it is all science fiction to me.
    FYI, though you choose to ignore it, OS2.0 is already out and working great (at least for me). I am getting predictive keyboard, faster browsing, faster animations in air app, android apps, better YouTube app, better Docs-to-go, etc..

Android apps, provided they could run, run beautifully. It is kinda amazing that we could have android embedded in qnx, it is so great a feeling it almost feels magical.

The things missing are:native email and PIM, print-to-go, control BB from playbook and vice-versa, and afaik, nothing more.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-26-12 04:31 AM
    ^you mean the beta OS? i tried it but rolled back to OS1. honestly i forgot the reason, but i know that there was a certain feature that disappeared that i needed back.

it's funny how people here diss android and yet are so excited to see android player :-)
    01-26-12 04:38 AM
    FYI, though you choose to ignore it, OS2.0 is already out and working great (at least for me).

The things missing are:native email and PIM, print-to-go, control BB from playbook and vice-versa, and afaik, nothing more.
    And you just listed the very things some people have been "demanding" for the tablet. I have no need for native email and PIM but to each their own. The current BB TOS 2.0 is strictly developer beta and not suitable for general use aside from the missing functionality you enumerated. Like the other person I am patiently (impatiently) awaiting the release of the official Blackberry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 in February.

As I have said before, February is the for Research In Motion and the newly named Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins. Any failure to deliver across all their products in the month of February should be viewed as a failure by the new CEO and the marketplace (financial and consumer) will react accordingly. Business is merciless and failure is not an option at this point because the goodwill of the loyal BlackBerry users has been sorely tested repeatedly.
    01-26-12 04:57 AM
    I think OS 2.0.0.711 is quite usable on a daily use basis.
    The one thing I think may miss you is the video chat (and rooting if you do so).
    All other features are improved and almost as stable as in the latest official releases.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-26-12 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD