I have seen the following dates 2/17 2/21 2/29.
    What`s the big secret on a release date confirmation
    for a release that was due last year. Tell the crack head
    execs that this is not the way to get customer loyalty or
    new customers

a
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 01:25 PM
    I have seen the following dates 2/17 2/21 2/29.
    What`s the big secret on a release date confirmation
    for a release that was due last year. Tell the crack head
    execs that this is not the way to get customer loyalty or
    new customers

a
    We were told last year to expect the Operating System update in February this year. The month isn't over yet, so hang fire.

RIM hadn't given an "official" or firm date as missing it would damage their reputation further.

Just be patient It's coming.

*Hint, people at Devcon Europe could pick up the Playbooks with OS2 and play with them. Suggests the software is "pretty much" complete*
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 01:28 PM
    02-16-12 01:37 PM
    I won't download until I am convinced it is not a snafu like DM7.
    As much as I am staying focused on being positive... DM7 did not work correctly... but.. such is life... OS 2, I await you!
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 01:38 PM
    I don't understand you guys who are happy with PB the way it is. And no I'm not a troll. No decent way of handling Gmail. Very limited apps. I bought a PB because it was cheap and with OS2.0 coming soon and more portable than my iPad. At the moment it's sitting in the house doing not very much. I need Kindle, decent news apps and hopefully Android will provide this. And now I expect I'll get flamed. Oh well.
    I'm with you on that. No flames here..
    02-16-12 01:45 PM
    this is it, im angry now , every day in my schedule is free BUT the 21 and 22 these means im have waited so long just to wait more that i now have BUYERS REMORSE for this krapy tab . i need function and i need it YESTERDAY, or if you want to buy it ill sell it starting on the 23rd, im sick of trying and being wasted effort
    02-16-12 01:46 PM
    this is it, im angry now , every day in my schedule is free BUT the 21 and 22 these means im have waited so long just to wait more that i now have BUYERS REMORSE for this krapy tab . i need function and i need it YESTERDAY, or if you want to buy it ill sell it starting on the 23rd, im sick of trying and being wasted effort
    Serious??? waiting 6 more days is causing you to lose your mind?
    What are you sick of trying?
    What effort have you wasted?

There is lots to do with the PlayBook without this update. The PlayBook is really enjoyable just the way it is if you give it a chance.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    02-16-12 01:56 PM
    I don't understand you guys who are happy with PB the way it is. And no I'm not a troll. No decent way of handling Gmail. Very limited apps. I bought a PB because it was cheap and with OS2.0 coming soon and more portable than my iPad. At the moment it's sitting in the house doing not very much. I need Kindle, decent news apps and hopefully Android will provide this. And now I expect I'll get flamed. Oh well.
    No flames here, just curious... You also have BB, so why not using Bridge for emails? As for your questions... I check all my emails on my BB with PB... I watch live sports on ESPN3... I watch other videos using flash, for example Veetle, which my Kindle Fire can not... I am enjoying multitasking by having more than one app running at the time... I never have high expectations of anything, so I stay cool and love my PB
    02-16-12 01:57 PM
    Looking good for the 21st!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!
    9of13 and teamfoster03 like this.
    02-16-12 01:58 PM
    i say the 21st hour
    9pm
    02-16-12 02:00 PM
    Can we squabble about what time on the 21st?
    LMAO! Really! That will be next.
    02-16-12 02:00 PM
    *Hint, people at Devcon Europe could pick up the Playbooks with OS2 and play with them. Suggests the software is "pretty much" complete*
    That was just the Developer Beta OS on the Playbooks they received, if i'm not mistaken. Unless you meant the Playbooks on display, and not the ones they got for free.
    02-16-12 02:02 PM
    I'm saying 10:17 am EST on the 21st!!! LOL Can't wait!!!!
    02-16-12 02:05 PM
    but you are trolling.

if you find it in your heart to post a negative statement to bring down a thread that people are excited about guess what?

if you don't want to be considered a troll don't do trollish things. we've heard it a million times. but be honest, why not just buy a kindle or htc flyer etc etc etc?
    dan-o-mite likes this.
    02-16-12 02:08 PM
    That was just the Developer Beta OS on the Playbooks they received, if i'm not mistaken. Unless you meant the Playbooks on display, and not the ones they got for free.

Yeah, sorry, I meant the one's on display.
    simpsonsguy316 likes this.
    02-16-12 02:09 PM
    21st, @ 3:00 AM EST.
    louzer likes this.
    02-16-12 02:10 PM
    Yes, it was the Dev Preview (likely 2.0.0.7111); DevCon attendees were told in advance that they'd have a choice between a Dev Preview unit or a retail unit.

Interestingly, for users attending the Blackberry sessions at Mobile World Congress, they will be receiving a Playbook as well, but there was no mention of needing to choose. The inference I drew from that was there would BE no Dev Preview anymore because 2.0 retail would have already been released by then.
    02-16-12 02:10 PM
    Confirmed? sigh

Again, until this comes out of the CEO's mouth or is an official press release, I am taking this date with a grain of salt. We have had many RIM officials alluding to different release dates. Why should this be more reliable?
    DAnklaud and Spencerdl like this.
    02-16-12 02:13 PM
    Serious??? waiting 6 more days is causing you to lose your mind?
    What are you sick of trying?
    What effort have you wasted?

There is lots to do with the PlayBook without this update. The PlayBook is really enjoyable just the way it is if you give it a chance.
    yes i know how enjoyable it is , but thats NOT what i bought it for, i bought it so i can schedule,sensor analisis of magnetic coils(mini ionic propulsion drive component parameters)(subwoofer reconstuction verification), gravtational changes (sbu),Real file transfer (OTG) and bla bla bla bla bla....... at this point i like my playbook ( i call it WORKBOOK)as much as a Fisher price iFAD, all in all this makes me sad then mad then sad again,,,,(What are you sick of trying? ,What effort have you wasted?)im sick of trying workarounds and the length of time spent getting NO where ( I DO NOT SEE THIS AS A TOY OR MEDIA COMSUMPTION DEVICE, THIS IS MY WORKBOOK>>> NOW WORK)
    fattprice likes this.
    02-16-12 02:15 PM
    YEAH! It will be 21st 23:59pm......
    02-16-12 02:18 PM
    Confirmed? sigh

Again, until this comes out of the CEO's mouth or is an official press release, I am taking this date with a grain of salt. We have had many RIM officials alluding to different release dates. Why should this be more reliable?
    Oh....don't be a pooper.

Everybody, c'mon now. Join in (to the tune of "Tomorrow")

February Twenty First,
    February Twenty First,
    I love you,
    February Twenty First.
    It's only five days away!
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-16-12 02:20 PM
    Feb 21 2012 - 7:35am ET
    02-16-12 02:24 PM
    Just listened to the one hour webcast and didn't hear a date, what am I missing?
    02-16-12 02:39 PM
    He sounded a little sarcastic when discussing the date. If you listen closely you can also hear the others in the background laughing when he mentions the 21st........
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-16-12 02:45 PM
    its on my birthday.........rock and roll!
    NMSteelerfan likes this.
    02-16-12 02:55 PM
206 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD