Copyrighted idea: support BB shortcuts with touch screen keyboards.

Example:

In email list, you want to go to the bottom of the list, instead of getting arthritis to your thumb, you just swipe from left bottom corner toward center, get the keyboard out, and press B (bottom).

In crackberry forum, you want to get to the top of the page, you swipe out the key board and press T (top).

etc.

Thumb the thread up if you like the idea and want to get RIM's attention....
    02-03-12 10:13 PM
    I know Android has that with the physical keyboard phones to some extent. I havent heard anything about the touch screen keyboard shortcuts for android though. I think its possible since the playbook has multitouch.
    02-03-12 10:20 PM
    Dude that awesome, Thank.
    02-03-12 10:22 PM
    I know Android has that with the physical keyboard phones to some extent. I havent heard anything about the touch screen keyboard shortcuts for android though. I think its possible since the playbook has multitouch.
    Yeah, one of the reasons that I prefer 9810 slider over full touch BB was just that, shortcuts sometimes are so convenient.There is no reason a touch screen device shouldn't take advantage of that.
    02-03-12 10:25 PM
    great idea... let me take it a step further though. I'd like to have shortcuts similar to mouse gestures. ex. swipe left-up jumps to the top....left=back...up=opens new tab etc. These may have to be 2 finger gestures, which the PB could use more of anyway.
    aha likes this.
    02-03-12 10:28 PM
    a tab button would be great to jump to the next box (log in)
    02-06-12 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD