"On new BlackBerry PlayBook renders published by Research In Motion, it lists what appear to be official markings. It lists the PlayBook�s certification model as RDJ21WW and the PlayBook�s FCC ID: L6ARDJ20WW. It also lists that it is made in Taiwan, which we heard about before with the Quanta story. What struck us odd is this model number is no where to be found on the FCC website, but why would RIM publish official renders with incorrect information on them? It is a bit odd, but it could have just been for visual purposes done by the graphics designer. Either way, we will know soon enough."

FCC Passes the BlackBerry PlayBook; or does it not? � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    02-11-11 10:30 PM
    The FCC doesn't always post on their site the device information when something has passed. Most times in this industry, especially with RIM products but not limited to, they wait until the absolute last second to put the data on their site for public consumption. The PlayBook has passed FCC testing. But it will be a bit before you can check out the data on their site.
    02-11-11 11:47 PM
    The FCC doesn't always post on their site the device information when something has passed. Most times in this industry, especially with RIM products but not limited to, they wait until the absolute last second to put the data on their site for public consumption. The PlayBook has passed FCC testing. But it will be a bit before you can check out the data on their site.
    That's what i figured. btw congrats on the baby!
    Last edited by dsquared2; 02-11-11 at 11:50 PM.
    02-11-11 11:48 PM
    That's what i figured. btw congrats on the baby!
    Lol. Thanks man. He's not here yet, but definitely coming. As for the FCC, RIM, Apple & others usually ask them to hold off posting to the latest possible date. Standard practice. When they are posted, people don't usually know the ID so they can't find it anyway. Not always, but most of the time.
    02-11-11 11:54 PM
    Lol. Thanks man. He's not here yet, but definitely coming. As for the FCC, RIM, Apple & others usually ask them to hold off posting to the latest possible date. Standard practice. When they are posted, people don't usually know the ID so they can't find it anyway. Not always, but most of the time.
    I wish the Fcc had "sort by most recent" haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 12:03 AM
    I wish the Fcc had "sort by most recent" haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats a good one.
    02-14-11 03:33 AM
    Yes, this number is correct.

The FCC is for the PlayBook is L6ARDJ20WW.

Link to the FCC site with cool internal pictures is here.
    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...#39;L6ARDJ20WW'
    bquinney likes this.
    05-25-11 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD