Hi All,

I've have done a search and found multiple programmes mentioned, foxreal, any dvd, and a few others however what I'd really like to know is...

1. Please can someone recommend the fastest and easiest to use DVD to Playbook video format converter software.

I'd like just one programme, that is able to take a DVD and convert it into something I can put straight on the Playbook does this exist?

and...

2. The easiest converter to convert drv-ms (or a host of others) to Blackberry format.

Thanks very much
    R
    01-02-12 04:59 PM
    everyone has their favorite so i doubt there is just one. I am looking for the same thing. Just about every converter I try causes some kind of audio lag or takes forever to convert. Some may depend on the hardware you are running. I am in the midst of testing a few converters on a few settings. it may be a while to get the right combo.
    any dvd for me had the most promise with customizable outputs , i found the android galaxy AVI output profile worked and had the least audio lag . too bad they dont have a preset profile for playbook.
    01-02-12 05:09 PM
    Handbrake with the ipad seetings.. heard it works the best for the PB.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-02-12 05:25 PM
    Conversion speed will be more to do with your computer than anything else. I used Handbrake to convert my dvd collection for use on my iPad before I got the PlayBook a couple of days ago, so it's nice to hear I shouldn't need to do this again
    01-02-12 05:29 PM
    handbrake will also rip the dvd for you but you need VLC player installed. Handbrake uses VLC to get past the encryption, then spits out a great file.
    01-02-12 05:30 PM
    I found that with AnyDVD installed to take care of the copy protection, Handbrake does a good job of ripping DVDs to produce MP4 files for my Playbook--I just copy them across the USB cable to the Video folder.
    01-02-12 05:58 PM
    DVD Catalyst supports nearly every device out there. Works well, fast and great technical support when needed.
    01-02-12 06:49 PM
    DVDFAB is the program i use and its awesome not just for video conversion but dvd ripping also. If you know where to look you can get it for free also. Come to think about it...I actually have it in my dropbox...so enjoy.http://db.tt/gcSG9Ypb
    http://db.tt/tdIRYi7m
    suzieque likes this.
    01-02-12 09:38 PM
    This one is arguably better than all the others mentioned in this thread. Freemake, it's fast because of its use of hardware acceleration, free, has DVD decryption built in and many pre-made device profiles including the Playbook.
    01-02-12 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD