Just wanted to put this out there. No relation except a satisfied user. I've been using the stock browser and origami on my PlayBook 64gb. The stock browser runs acceptably with Java and Flash off - very slowly with both on. Origami runs well when it.works, but have had issues with it crashing unexpectedly.

Fast Browser is somewhere between the two speed wise and in my testing this morning was reliable and didn't crash.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:35 AM
    Nice. Thanks for sharing. We don't get enough Playbook comments lately.
    10-08-14 10:03 AM
    I wonder why your Origami browser is crashing. I have been using it from almost the beginning and never had issues with it crashing. No more than with the native stock browser.
    10-08-14 11:09 AM
    I agree with Fast Browser. I was using Origami right along and finally gave up on my PB for web work. Java on or off, both were bad. And seemed to be getting worse. Read something on CB about Fast Browser and gave it a try. Definitely worth it again.
    10-08-14 08:48 PM
    I spend 2 weeks away at a remote work site and 2 weeks at home. My browser is always faster from home. I use Orgami on my PB and often wonder how often when ppl complain about slow browser it is not the tab at all but their wifi system instead.
    10-09-14 06:16 PM
    I find its certain sites as opposed to the Browser. I often hear people accusing the browser of being prehistoric but at times its on a par with my z10.

Certain sites it has difficulty with. I'll give fast browser another try.

Another thing I've noticed is if you've been using the playbook and let it go into standby it seems to work better if you disconnect from wifi then reconnect when bringing it out of standby. Not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:19 AM