Enjoy your last few hours of summer before fall starts.

On a side note, still no OS 2.1
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-12 11:15 PM
    Hopefully coming next week though!
    09-21-12 11:36 PM
    Here We Go Again...

lol
    doxa sub750T likes this.
    09-21-12 11:38 PM
    Hopefully coming next week though!
    one thing is certain. Its not gonna come in Summer. Lol
    JeepBB and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-21-12 11:52 PM
    not surprised that RIM didn't meet yet another self-created "due date."

They should really learn to stop doing that. I mean.. all it does is disappoint people and leave room for criticism, which they really don't need at this point. And not coming through with an update like this only "hurts" the people that are probably their core base...those of us that even REMEMBER back when they said OS 2.1 would come in the summer. We're the same people that will be buying their BB10 devices on launch day..

I actually don't even remember the last time they told us something would come and then it really did. I'm definitely not looking at other phones or tablets, it would just be nice if they did stuff when they said they would. Or just not say it at all.
    antiRIM, luqman24 and bebold99 like this.
    09-22-12 01:47 AM
    I'm honestly done getting my hopes up then getting it crushed by RIM overtime they give out a release date so at this point it's just to not expect anything until it's actually released.
    09-22-12 02:24 AM
    Not [U]this[U] summer anyway.
    09-22-12 09:18 AM
    not surprised that RIM didn't meet yet another self-created "due date."........... it would just be nice if they did stuff when they said they would. Or just not say it at all.
    I have asked this a few times now but I'll try again.
    Did RIM say summer? I dont recall RIM ever saying anything about 2.1.
    Hgouck and BB_Bmore like this.
    09-22-12 09:23 AM
    It was stated at some point (to developers) at a blackberry jam that 2.1 would be coming over the summer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-22-12 09:51 AM
    I'm honestly done getting my hopes up then getting it crushed by RIM overtime they give out a release date so at this point it's just to not expect anything until it's actually released.
    And it's sad that even diehard bb fans like myself are starting to feel this way. I can't imagine ever actually switching to i-whatever or Android, and yet have found myself wondering what I'd use if RIM fails. This is it for them. They need to deliver and deliver big.
    09-22-12 10:32 AM
    If they deliver an OS and it is not ready they will be condemnation if they take their time to bring a OS to the market they are also condemned. Since they can not be right either way I am glad they are taking the time to make it right.
    I do agree that they need to deliver big.
    Chaddface likes this.
    09-22-12 10:50 AM
    That's great that we might get 2.1 next week, but........when is 2.1.1 coming???? </sarcasm>
    Last edited by DC506; 09-22-12 at 11:53 AM.
    09-22-12 11:51 AM
    This should be called the "Where's 2.1 Threads Week"

There are hundreds of them

Not dis'in, just trolling
    09-22-12 12:03 PM
    Yeah, Thorsten said it at BlackBerry World, I think it was, and everyone just went with it, because so far, he's been a pretty straightforward and seemingly honest CEO. Granted, OS.2.1 might not be big enough to warrant an announcement that it's been pushed back like in the case of BB10, but still..for those people that are uncomfortable with or wary of installing a Beta 2.1, an upgrade to 2.1 would be a pretty big upgrade compared to 2.0
    09-22-12 09:04 PM
    Yeah, Thorsten said it at BlackBerry World, I think it was, and everyone just went with it, because so far, he's been a pretty straightforward and seemingly honest CEO. Granted, OS.2.1 might not be big enough to warrant an announcement that it's been pushed back like in the case of BB10, but still..for those people that are uncomfortable with or wary of installing a Beta 2.1, an upgrade to 2.1 would be a pretty big upgrade compared to 2.0
    Ok so here is the thing...I think at BB World or Jam they announced that 2.1 beta would be released in the summer. They never said anything about full commercial availability. They've delivered on that promise. I think people just heard "2.1" and "summer" and assumed it meant that 2.1 would be fully rolled out then.
    09-22-12 09:26 PM
    Ok so here is the thing...I think at BB World or Jam they announced that 2.1 beta would be released in the summer. They never said anything about full commercial availability. They've delivered on that promise. I think people just heard "2.1" and "summer" and assumed it meant that 2.1 would be fully rolled out then.
    Did he say WHICH summer?
    rupam95 likes this.
    09-22-12 10:24 PM
    I'm glad I got no kids. The "are we there yet" is driving me insane!! Take a couple of Nytol, I 'll wake you up in a few days. Cause some of you are hallucinating.
    09-22-12 11:26 PM
    Oh, please, don't tempt Rim to hold it till NEXT SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-24-12 12:31 AM
    If RIM was the Admin for Summer/Fall all would be right with the cosmos.
    09-24-12 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD