Has anyone noticed a faint silver, horizontal line running across the middle of the screen on dark green, gray, or dark blue colors? For example, on Screen Helper the green background shows this faint silver line on the green background, but it is fine on red and blue. You can also see it on the opening screen of Word to Go, where it appears a bit like a gradient.
    02-02-12 06:49 AM
    Some folks say that they can see the "grid wires" that make up the touch-screen components. Could that be what you are seeing? Would it show in a photo of the screen you take?
    02-02-12 09:00 AM
    I am sure it is not the grid lines, which is the touch digitizer. I tried taking a picture, but the camera failed to clearly pick up the faint line. If you go into the browser and look at the grey start page, do you see a faint, gradient like line across the middle of the screen? That line is in the same location for the green background on Screen Helper and the dark blue background on Documents to Go.
    Last edited by xplane9; 02-02-12 at 09:21 PM.
    02-02-12 09:18 PM
    I had one Playbook with what sounds like a similar vertical line just off center in the display. It didn't stay faint for very long though and was subsequently identfied as a defect in the LCD. It was still within the return period so it was taken back and I picked up another with no issues....
    02-02-12 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD