I am experiencing a problem with the facebook app for playbook. Whenever i try to open the messages tab, i get this error: facebook has encountered an unrecoverable error. Please restart facebook.
    I tried restarting it many times. I rebooted my tablet twice, and i reinstalled facebook once. Nothing has fixed it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any help is much appreciated.
    e.23davilaa likes this.
    08-17-12 02:30 PM
    I just started receiving it also. Like, at the exact same time.
    08-17-12 03:07 PM
    Could well be at Facebooks end rather than your tablet, mines doing the same but the messages part of the site has been up and down all day on my phone
    08-17-12 03:11 PM
    08-17-12 04:02 PM
    Think he might be a bit upset about the stock prices and is throwing a hissy-fit?
    scurtburt likes this.
    08-17-12 04:14 PM
    Same here, it almost has to be a Facebook issue.
    08-17-12 06:53 PM
    This problem is now fixed. Try it out to make sure.
    08-18-12 10:17 AM
    ... and this has just happened to me as well. How fun.
    09-26-12 06:17 PM
    Problem is not fixed and it is not a facebook issue it is pb app
    If you go to browser and log on to web version of fb it works fine. It only fails when accessing messages through bb app
    I deleted app rebooted pb redownloaded app and reinstalled and got the same issue

Last night i noticed my pb updated a small change on boot then right after the app failed
    I am sure there will be another update coming to fix tbis

In the meantime log on to web version and save a bookmark. Your messages will retrieve fine.
    09-27-12 04:57 PM
    Glad I found this post...thought it was my playbook going belly up..but at same time had same problem on my HTC wildfire s...android version of fb app was doing same thing showing error message when trying to view messages.uninstalling last update for that app cured the issue..odd huh??..tried uninstalling fb app and reinstalling it on playbook again but no change in glitch..same error message....anyone finds a cure let me know, m0twa@hotmail.com. Cheers for now Dave.
    09-29-12 11:47 AM
    Does @BlackBerrydev know about this issue? I'm having this same problem along with sporadic sign in problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry device using Tapatalk
    09-29-12 12:49 PM
    same here, on
    09-29-12 06:06 PM
    Had an interesting thing happen. When i got the new message icon i clicked it and it all worked fine.
    Just when i clicked the messages icon to generate one i got the error and crashed fb

Very irritating.
    09-30-12 05:03 PM
    Just use the chat option but before clicking on someones name swipe downward from the top when the error comes press the logout button repeatedly and then cancel it'll work fine
    03-25-15 08:04 AM