So I fired up the Facebook app on my pb and it wouldn't log on claiming error. So I open the browser. No-go. Go a screen saying "link not found". So I sideloaded 2 versions that fellow forum members here made. Same issue. So I log on using my job's computer. That worked. So I tried the app on my Style. That worked. So I used my Styles browser. No problem. So in the Styles browser and selected "open on playbook. "link not found. Is anyone else having this issue on their PlayBook? Here's a screenshot of what comes up
    Last edited by 9of13; 06-21-12 at 01:56 PM.
    06-21-12 01:41 PM
    First of all I've never seen the native browser with ads like link bucks on top. So there you got its your Android browser and apps causing the error. Common sense...........
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-21-12 01:45 PM
    As I mentioned, that screen came up in the native browser too. I took the screenshot from one of the forum member made apps. And no android runtime apps were used. The point is, that's the screen that comes up when I go to Facebook.com in the native browser.

Not so common sense huh?

Added the native browser screenshot
    Last edited by 9of13; 06-21-12 at 01:57 PM.
    06-21-12 01:53 PM
    Either you did not enter facebook.com or someone is redirecting your traffic via linkbucks to get money. If you're on some public connection or something, someone has tampered with it to earn money through it. Try on a private WiFi connection you know no one else has been messing with. Make sure you're also not connecting via a proxy.
    Willard814 and 9of13 like this.
    06-21-12 02:03 PM
    Both devices are logged in to my job's wifi. Not public. Both the Styles app and browser works fine. The fb apps (3) and the browser on the PlayBook is what's not logging in. Two blackberry devices, same private wifi. Style works, PB doesn't. And it's only affecting Facebook. Everything else works fine. It's also affecting the PB's browser when bridged, not on wifi.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Btw, BB veteran here. After trying every possible way, I'm trying to find out if it's an isolated issue.
    Last edited by 9of13; 06-21-12 at 02:08 PM.
    06-21-12 02:06 PM
    Like I said, check you aren't on any proxy on your PB.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-21-12 02:32 PM
    Facebook works for me. Bridged and wifi.
    You're being redirected for some reason.
    Willard814 and 9of13 like this.
    06-21-12 02:36 PM
    proxy hasn't been changed on either end.

Resistance is futile
    06-21-12 02:37 PM
    Pretty obvious you're being redirected, denial won't help. Job's blocked non work devices on wifi from facebook?.... Get back to work.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-21-12 02:56 PM
    Facebook works fine for me on Wi-Fi, PB Facebook app and bridge! Sounds like user error to me!
    06-21-12 02:57 PM
    ok. before I get more trollish responces, let me clear up a few things
    part of my job here is to run the shop's facebook and twitter accounts. I'm the one who has access and troubleshoots the shops wifi. the shops computer works fine and goes to facebook fine as does my style.
    its easier for me to use my playbook.
    now with the exception of SifJar and maybe one other, this thread is becoming an example of the crap that has flooded here for so long.
    if you can't give any positive info, feedback, or suggrstions, please move on. as it turns out, my playbook isn't the only one on the block I work on to have this issue and its on a different private wifi thanks to info from a friend who's a playbook user.
    if its working for you, thank you for the info. it brings it now to not widespread.
    and trust me, its not user error. I've had this pb for seven months, I didn't have this problem till today.

Resistance is futile
    06-21-12 03:09 PM
    Have you tried clearing all in the browser? That would narrow it down. I don't know much about networks and the like. Just a thought.
    06-21-12 04:23 PM
    ok. before I get more trollish responces, let me clear up a few things
    part of my job here is to run the shop's facebook and twitter accounts. I'm the one who has access and troubleshoots the shops wifi. the shops computer works fine and goes to facebook fine as does my style.
    its easier for me to use my playbook.
    now with the exception of SifJar and maybe one other, this thread is becoming an example of the crap that has flooded here for so long.
    if you can't give any positive info, feedback, or suggrstions, please move on. as it turns out, my playbook isn't the only one on the block I work on to have this issue and its on a different private wifi thanks to info from a friend who's a playbook user.
    if its working for you, thank you for the info. it brings it now to not widespread.
    and trust me, its not user error. I've had this pb for seven months, I didn't have this problem till today.

Resistance is futile
    I'm not sure what you expected? Magic? None of us can replicate this issue via your work wifi. We can only respond to the amount of information you provided. (which initially lacked a bit) You said you were trying to find if this is isulated issue or not. Now if many say they can access and cannot replicate your problem, then clearly it is isulated and not FB issue. You are on your work wifi, so even if other devices can access it, but not PB, it means it is isulated. Have you asked your BES or Fusion administrator if they changed/tested some policies (block certain sites?)? Look at the 3 lines of info given in the error message. You yourself troubleshooted no1 and no2. But what about line 3?
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-22-12 at 09:46 AM.
    06-22-12 09:43 AM
    ok heres the breakdown since i was basically asking if anyone was having the issue, not to recreate it *sigh* at my job, theres no BES/Fusion its just your regular everyday home use wifi locked with a passwordm im in charge of keeping it running, maintaining its settings !lah blah blah not with both my BB phone, and playbook connected to the wifi, heres the issue. my pb native browser, and fb apps installed,cannot access facebook i get the screen above my style access' it no problem BOTH are connected to the wifi and my shop's computer accesses facebook no prob my boss does NOT access the wifi setting I do. i have not accessed it myself in weeks, and urls, login credentials are typed in correctly nix the user error now i have a friend who works a few stores down at another shop, with a pb and on a different wifi and has the same issue (nixs the isolated cause its not just mine) last night at home, my pb could not access it thru bridge i got the same screen as in the op
    now forgive me if i came out d!ckish but well, i asked for feedbac on if anyone else was having the isuue as i, as you noiticed lol, am troubleshooting it myself in order for me to troubleshoot, i have to find out the extent of the problem am i the only one? (turns out no). could it be a fios issue (at my job)? could it be a facebook issue(individual sites can block/restrict what devices access it) so i asked if anyone else is having the issue and i et a couple of, well d!ckish responses while i have my boss asking me why my tab cant get on fb. so far as of an hour ago, my pb is able to access via web via bridge im about to check the shops wifi in a few when i get there

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using CB Forum App!
    06-22-12 10:10 AM
    What is the address you're using or your link?
    06-22-12 10:17 AM
    What is the address you're using or your link?
    www.facebook.com. the only similarity between the two playbooks is that both playbooks are connected to fios. separate fios' on the same street only with the playbooks, not the bb phones so its not a bis issue.

Resistance is futile
    06-22-12 10:28 AM
    Just tried it and get what I should. I've seen similar messages on my laptop when my scanners find a compromised site, instead of letting a bug load with it. Would think all with the same protection would get the error in that case though.
    06-22-12 10:34 AM
    www.facebook.com. the only similarity between the two playbooks is that both playbooks are connected to fios. separate fios' on the same street only with the playbooks, not the bb phones so its not a bis issue.

Resistance is futile
    Is it correct that FIOS is the common thing? If so, have you tried calling your FIOS provider?
    9of13 likes this.
    06-22-12 10:39 AM
    Have you tried using another browser, including one of the android browsers available? Have you tried logging on using another wifi network? The more combinations you try can help you narrow down the problem, i.e. PB, network, or a combination of the two.
    9of13 likes this.
    06-22-12 10:57 AM
    I have seen this type of thing happen before, not just on tablets, but on desktops and notebooks. I have also seen it effect PC and MAC.

There are two things I have found (so far) that usually cause this problem.

DNS Servers have been modified, either on the device itself in your connection properties, or in the router. (Seems to be more and more commonly done on the router, I have not determined how this is happening, but it has been, even had my own get changed once while investigating this very issue with another client)

First thing to try, is make sure your Playbook is set to obtain the DNS servers automatically. This will then take the DNS servers set in your router.

If that does not work, check the DNS servers assigned in your router. Almost always this is set to obtain automatically as well, but sometimes you will find DNS servers set there that you did not set, or don't recognize. Set it back to automatic, or manually enter in your ISP's known DNS servers.

Finally I have had a few occasions where the ONLY fix for this was to reset the router totally. (Not just a power cycle, but by holding in the reset button on the router with a paper clip for about 30 seconds, wait for it to boot up, reconfigure and setup security and login password again) Seems there are alot of routers out there setup by the ISP, that have a super-admin login for just the ISP to use, but is left as a default login, which allows this exploit to be run on the router itself, which changes the DNS servers being used, sometimes visible, sometimes not. I have found on a couple occasions that the gateway itself was also changed.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.
    9of13 likes this.
    06-22-12 11:32 AM
    ima try reseting the router as soon as we finish watching last nights TNA Impact at work.

Resistance is futile
    06-22-12 12:34 PM
    I've been having issues with FIOS DNS Servers (Frontier, not Verizon). I'm manually setting the DNS server to use on all my devices (PB, PC, etc.) to 66.133.189.215 (Primary) and 66.133.150.22 (Secondary). That fixed my problems.
    06-22-12 12:41 PM
    Just wondering, did resetting the router work for you?
    06-25-12 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD