Someone said last week that facebook and twitter werent being updated until bb10 arrives is this true or wishful thinking ??
    08-27-12 11:45 AM
    Who said that?
    08-27-12 11:48 AM
    Who said that?
    Soz cant find it was in the main blog ? Maybe i read it wrong ?
    08-27-12 11:58 AM
    Yes, it is true.

Only 6 months away, that's not too much is it now?
    08-27-12 12:00 PM
    Well, there is a Twitter and Facebook beta available in the Beta Zone but it's for phones only.

Quite frankly, I don't use either app. I use the browser.
    rodgertdodger and hpjrt like this.
    08-27-12 12:03 PM
    I believe I said it would be a waste of effort to work on the PB apps when the PB will be updated to BB10 and the BB10 apps will be rock solid.

If I were calling the shots, only core apps and stuff that would help bug test BB10 would be getting serious updates.

Well, there is a Twitter and Facebook beta available in the Beta Zone but it's for phones only.

Quite frankly, I don't use either app. I use the browser.
    And if you consider that the Twitter "app" just calls the browser... heh
    08-27-12 02:05 PM
    I believe I said it would be a waste of effort to work on the PB apps when the PB will be updated to BB10 and the BB10 apps will be rock solid.

If I were calling the shots, only core apps and stuff that would help bug test BB10 would be getting serious updates.

And if you consider that the Twitter "app" just calls the browser... heh
    Facebook is the top 4th most downloaded app in (North American only?) Google Play, with Twitter in 13th.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...ature=top-free

And Facebook occupies the top slot in downloads in iOS devices in several large markets:

Apple - iTunes - iTunes Store - Charts - Top 10 Apps - Social Networking

That tells me that both applications are "core apps" in the minds of consumers. RIM should be making those apps as streamlined and feature-rich as possible on the PB before they hit BB10, tbh. I'd be happy to beta test both applications on my tablet if it means that the BB10 launch versions work on a level comparable to their competitors.
    Last edited by yaytoast; 08-27-12 at 03:47 PM.
    08-27-12 03:45 PM
    How I wish they'd let us beta test apps like Facebook for the pb like we can on our bbs. I would be all over it. I very seldom use the pb fb app as the one for my bb is so much better. Sad but true. And yeah, all focus is on bb10 so everything else is pretty much sol - gone the way of a theme builder for bb OS7. BB10 better be out of this world.
    08-27-12 04:56 PM
    Facebook is the top 4th most downloaded app in (North American only?) Google Play, with Twitter in 13th.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...ature=top-free

And Facebook occupies the top slot in downloads in iOS devices in several large markets:

Apple - iTunes - iTunes Store - Charts - Top 10 Apps - Social Networking

That tells me that both applications are "core apps" in the minds of consumers. RIM should be making those apps as streamlined and feature-rich as possible on the PB before they hit BB10, tbh. I'd be happy to beta test both applications on my tablet if it means that the BB10 launch versions work on a level comparable to their competitors.
    Important, mainstream and popular does not consist as core, sorry. Core apps are the things that make the OS tick.

I am not saying RIM isn't working on them either, so I don't know about your post. They will surely have Twitter and Facebook at BB10 release and deeply integrated into the OS. Just won't waste time fixing the PB's versions past what they already did with 2.1(whenever it is released).

Wanna beta test? By all means, join us in Beta Zone. RIM can use the feedback.
    08-27-12 08:29 PM
    Important, mainstream and popular does not consist as core, sorry. Core apps are the things that make the OS tick.

I am not saying RIM isn't working on them either, so I don't know about your post. They will surely have Twitter and Facebook at BB10 release and deeply integrated into the OS. Just won't waste time fixing the PB's versions past what they already did with 2.1(whenever it is released).

Wanna beta test? By all means, join us in Beta Zone. RIM can use the feedback.
    Too bad they don't let us beta test for the pb. They let us join a pb group, but to my knowledge, the only beta testing we can do is for bb apps, unless you want to use the dev beta OS.
    08-27-12 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD