Hi, am pretty new here, and am looking for help with my blackberry playbook...

i recently updated to OS 2.1.0.1917. everything is swell with the update except for one... the messages app

prior to the update, i can view and reply to my facebook messages within Messages. but after the update, i don't see any of my facebook messages in Messages anymore... When an FB friend of mine sends me a message, I get the usual audio notification from my playbook, along with the flashing red notification in the upper left corner of the screen, but no message number notification. When I go to Messages, I see the FB message in the list of emails/messages on the left column (in landscape view) but it only stays for less than 5 seconds. Tried looking at the FB messages Inbox folder but it's not there. I have verified that the messages do exist in the FB app for the playbook. But it's really more convenient if I can see them in Messages like I did prior to the update.

Am using a Playbook 64 GB Wifi only model. Never had any problems with it until now. Did a restart, shutdown and security wipe, but to no avail. Tried looking for a setting that I might have overlooked but there's none I could find. Anybody has an idea as to what's going on and how I can get back my FB messages in the Messages app?

Thank you very much for your help.
    05-04-14 10:47 AM
    I noticed this problem myself on my BlackBerry PlayBook and it appears it began in the last couple of weeks. So far it has only affected the PlayBook and does not affect BlackBerry's Facebook for BlackBerry OS10. I suspect this has something to do with Facebook's move to strip their "Messenger" (better known as Facebook Chat) out of their mobile applications to replace it with a stand alone application. Facebook has also decided to do away with their email service, so even if you were to download or sideload their stand alone chat app, I doubt it would be included in the PlayBook's Messages.
    05-04-14 01:24 PM
    Thank you very much. Been searching the net for similar experiences prior to my OP but just couldn't find another PB user having the same problem. What I find interesting is that the Chat function within the FB app for the PB now actually works...

Again, thanks. At least am assured it's not due to a problem with my PB. :-)

Enviado desde mi Blackberry Playbook con CB Forums
    05-04-14 09:08 PM