Anyone have an idea of whether Facebook integration will be possible with OS 2.0?

I am a little surprised that none of the gadget websites have asked the Blackberry people explicitly about it. After all, EVERYONE (ok, almost) has Facebook.

Don't get me wrong, the Twitter and LinkedIn integration is fantastic and I am truly excited about Playbook OS 2.0
    01-10-12 04:11 PM
    they didnt explicitly mention it. but i mean they mentioned working with other social media sites, so I assume that would be facebook/flickr. Any way I hope so.
    01-10-12 04:12 PM
    Anyone have an idea of whether Facebook integration will be possible with OS 2.0?

I am a little surprised that none of the gadget websites have asked the Blackberry people explicitly about it. After all, EVERYONE (ok, almost) has Facebook.

Don't get me wrong, the Twitter and LinkedIn integration is fantastic and I am truly excited about Playbook OS 2.0
    That "Accounts" tab was actually in the Playbook Emulator that developers use for testing, and it did indeed have Facebook.
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-10-12 04:18 PM
    New unified inbox - a powerful unified inbox within the built-in messaging app allows users to quickly manage their personal email and work email accounts as well as the messaging capabilities of popular social networking sites like Twitter®, LinkedIn® and others – all in one place.
    That is their exact quote there. Facebook isn't mentioned and I'm also wondering why. It could be that there is a conflict with the actual Facebook for PlayBook app. It's the only thing I could think of since there are no native twitter/linkedin apps yet. But like Thunderbuck said, we have seen hints of Facebook integration in the past.

I saw a bit of Facebook integration though for one of Gadway's contacts
    01-10-12 04:35 PM
    I wouldn't mind pulling contacts from Facebook, but I don't want Facebook to pull all my contacts from the Playbook (from Gmail, Yahoo!, etc.) onto Facebook. That actually goes the same for Gmail, Yahoo!, whatever. I want control over the aggregation.
    01-10-12 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD