RIM has a deal with Facebook to create the FB app. Which is why it says RIM is the developer of the app in Appworld. The only explaination for why it hasn't been fixed yet is either RIM has to approve updates with FB before it can release them or RIM is not trying to fix it/has everyone working on BB10.

IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR SOMEONE TO TWEET ALEC SAUNDERS AND ASK WHAT THE HOLD-UP IS ALL ABOUT.
    01-08-13 09:23 PM
    Does anyone have the chat issue whereby the chat list doesnt refresh. When i go onto chat it shows up about 20 people online,but if you message them, they're not actually there but were probably online an hour ago. The list can only be refreshed by turning chat off and on manually which is a pain. If i use the browser version of fb the chat list refreshes properly but then i often get "chat is disconnected" so i cant use that either !
    Fingers crossed for bb10 :-)
    01-09-13 06:51 AM
    I noticed the same problem so I decided to try using the PB browser instead....works great!! Just login to your Facebook Page then click bookmark - add to homescreen...your bookmark is live so no need to login on next visit
    & you have full access to all the Facebook features...you can uninstall the broken app
    01-09-13 10:05 PM
    I already tried, but the browser was checkering (is this a word?) too much.
    01-09-13 11:52 PM
    BB10 waiting game. This issue has happened more than once. I doubt this will be fixed prior to the new os.

Not that big of a deal you should no who your friends are anyways.
    Mark Birch likes this.
    01-10-13 02:13 AM
    Had the same problem Sometimes faces appear but 95% of the time, it's just Facebook's "No Profile Picture" icon... let's hope it's investigated.
    01-10-13 01:06 PM
    I already tried, but the browser was checkering (is this a word?) too much.
    Hummmm....I don't have the checkerboarding problem when I use Facebook.com but I certainly do have it on other sites so I know how irritating it is...I've read other CB threads that said checkerboarding is caused by the way the PB browser runs javascript so I turn it off as much as possible...I think Facebook offers a mobile site that doesn't require using javascript ...might be worth a try...good luck!
    01-10-13 06:57 PM
    I am guessing RIM or FB either one have no desire to explain why this is happening. Just leave us to our own conjectures...
    I asked RIM. They said "known issue" and "investigating".
    01-10-13 07:07 PM
    Love my playbook, but starting to think I may have the betamax of tablets. Come on RIM get the finger out. Anyway Facebook not showing pictures. Best option I have loaded android Facebook as a bar file works and looks better than rims and I hate to say that.
    01-12-13 03:22 AM
    The problem remains with the recent OS update, has anybody found a workaround yet?
    02-23-13 10:09 PM
    The problem remains with the recent OS update, has anybody found a workaround yet?
    facebook issue, started long before update.
    02-23-13 10:18 PM
    I am pretty sure it is the only tablet with such a poor facebook app. It is unbelievable that an issue like isn't yet solved. How can you attract new customers when something basic like facebook is not working correctly on one of your devices. Stuff like that affect word of mouth. I can't recommand bbry to friends when i see jokes like that one
    Last edited by kirikouestpetit; 02-24-13 at 01:15 AM.
    02-24-13 12:04 AM
    Same problem for me of course.
    This problem exist for many months now, why the f*** don't they solve it? As someone said before, Facebook is THE app that must be great on any platform. How to get new customers if even a simple app that everybody use, doesn't work properly?
    02-24-13 03:08 AM
    I am pretty sure it is the only tablet with such a poor facebook app. It is unbelievable that an issue like isn't yet solved. How can you attract new customers when something basic like facebook is not working correctly on one of your devices. Stuff like that affect word of mouth. I can't recommand bbry to friends when i see jokes like that one
    Nope. Other tablets have rubbish fb apps.

I still have this issue. Any news on a fix?
    03-31-13 12:28 PM
    I've never seen another tablet which don't display profile pics
    03-31-13 08:07 PM
    I haven't used the FB app much because I find it too limited. Can someone explain the advantage of having a FB app as opposed to the browser version?
    03-31-13 10:03 PM
    Browser version is adaptated to computer screen
    Tablet screen is small, you have to zoom/ unzoom and using a website with fingers is annoying, you have to zoom before you click, you got the checkboarding of the browser

a browser version is optimised for a computer with a mouse.
    an app version is normally optimized for a mobile device to make it easier to use. But it is something that RIM don't have a clue about
    03-31-13 11:57 PM
    Same here I still have the same problem with Facebook contacts profile picture not showing up.

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    04-01-13 02:48 PM
    I sideloaded the Android Facebook app...problem solved!
    nasi goreng likes this.
    04-01-13 03:00 PM
    Thanks why didn't I think of that, I'll try that

AUgirl_inTX likes this.
    04-01-13 03:07 PM
    I must say this android Facebook is better than the native app, you can even sort the news feeds by most recent or top stories.
    Thanks again for the tip.

AUgirl_inTX likes this.
    04-01-13 10:02 PM
    mine has been doing it for days. I have logged out, logged back in, deleted app and reinstalled. Still doesn't work. Irratated.
    WAR EAGLE!!
    04-02-13 11:35 AM
    I must say this android Facebook is better than the native app, you can even sort the news feeds by most recent or top stories.
    Thanks again for the tip.

You're welcome!
    04-02-13 11:37 AM
    Android Facebook is very slow. I do wish that they would just fix it already. Better yet, push out BlackBerry10 for PLAYBOOK.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-02-13 11:38 AM
    Android Facebook is very slow. I do wish that they would just fix it already. Better yet, push out BlackBerry10 for PLAYBOOK.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    agree the facebook app, stinks and has for months, really starting to believe Blackberry is totally pushing the PB to the back burner. Even app updates are slow to come out.
    04-07-13 06:38 AM
54 123