Pushing Android products is nothing new. Just wait till they start ramming Windows Tablets down your throat. An easy sell is an easy sell.

Last time i went to Staples i towered of the little boy who was trying to help me. I could tell i was very intimidating. I kind of felt sorry for the kid.Most people who work at Staples can't get a real job. That's why they are working at Staples.
    04-20-12 09:48 PM
    Pushing Android products is nothing new. Just wait till they start ramming Windows Tablets down your throat. An easy sell is an easy sell.

Last time i went to Staples i towered of the little boy who was trying to help me. I could tell i was very intimidating. I kind of felt sorry for the kid.Most people who work at Staples can't get a real job. That's why they are working at Staples.
    Yeah, let's take shots at people's place of employment...How about you grow up....I'm pretty sure you're not doing anything important/positive that will leave an impact on this planet.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 10:04 PM
    The guy I spoke to at Bestbuy said it was a great tablet and that he liked his very much. So I bought the 32GB model and I been enjoying it ever since.

in PlayBook heaven
    04-21-12 05:40 AM
    myfairkadie, which location did you buy your's at? I bought mine at the Marche Central store and had a somewhat different experience.

The rep asked why I was looking to buy a PB and I told him I wanted to pair it with my Torch and he immediately understood and didn't try to push anything. In fact he went to get the 16gb model (at his recommendation) himself. That's the positive side of my story.

Long story short, after telling both him AND the manager who was helping out at the cash to make sure they weren't giving me a returned device it turns out it was. I know this because I returned it (still without knowng it was an open box) as I found 16gb was too little for me and the packaging on the new one was different and obviously OEM packaging. I acknowledge this could have happened with any brand to its not a BB-hating story but more of a buyer-beware at Staples story.

For those complaining about the OP's complaining, learn how to read and interpret what you're reading. The point of the OP is that the sales rep abandoned a customer and in a rude manner. What is a customer to do, go to their storeroom in the back and get it herself? I think this thread wouldn't exist if he had simply done what mine did: follow through on an easy sale.

I can only surmise that those defending this rep's behavior are sales reps themselves.
    Last edited by dynot; 04-21-12 at 07:08 AM.
    PatrickMJS and myfairkadie like this.
    04-21-12 07:04 AM
    I don't think it is so much the place of employment as it is the lack of proper training of these salespeople which shouldn't really be that hard, but that is lack of proper management for the most part. However I do wonder how some of the sales zombies that I have encountered at BestBuy and Staples find their way home and back to work the next day sometimes. I mostly just use these stores to get hands-on with new devices and then buy online for much better prices. The current PB sale at Staples in Canada is the best deal going right now though. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-deal-718290/
    04-21-12 10:47 AM
    I don't think it is so much the place of employment as it is the lack of proper training of these salespeople which shouldn't really be that hard, but that is lack of proper management for the most part. However I do wonder how some of the sales zombies that I have encountered at BestBuy and Staples find their way home and back to work the next day sometimes. I mostly just use these stores to get hands-on with new devices and then buy online for much better prices. The current PB sale at Staples in Canada is the best deal going right now though. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-deal-718290/
    I wonder often about the lack of training as well. Gotta love it when you ask a question about, say a laptop, and they proceed to read the posted informational card to you. Ummmm not helpful at all.
    04-21-12 11:13 AM
    You should just be grateful that all he did was walk away.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-21-12 03:10 PM
    I had a better experience in Ottawa. I had already bought one in September and absolutely love it. Sometime in December I went to a Staples near my work and was looking at all the tablets (except IPads of course) and a clerk came to me and asked if I needed assistance. I said I was just looking around to see if there were any cases on sale for the Playbook and his eyes opened up. "Do you own a playbook?" Yes I do. "What do you think about it?" I replied that it's the best hardware I have ever purchased and I purchased atleast $50k in my lifetime on hardware and gadgets. I'm a big spender on electronics. The clerk agreed that the playbook is awesome and was considering another. Now I'm considering a 64GB one. I can use the free charging pod on both!
    04-21-12 04:33 PM
    Sounds like a heck of a deal, all those accessories included with the PB. It was worth the hassle by the Staples employee. Fret not, PBers. Bridged PBs totally rock, even if the tools at big box stores don't even know it!
    04-21-12 05:32 PM
    If that was me being the Blackberry Playbook user that I am, with all those accessories, I don't care what they would have said or what they did or didn't do. At that moment they or another employee would have been getting my Playbook with complete satisfaction from me for getting what I wanted. Next time no matter what get what you want, especially at that price with all that hardware included. To good of a deal to pass up imo.
    04-22-12 07:53 AM
    OK Since my last comment was censured (I thought this thread was more for fun, so I was teasing the OP) I do not understand the sensitivity of the OP. When I go shopping for big ticket items, even though I may have a preference on what I want to buy I think it only natural to compare and contrast different devices. The clerk offered another competing tablet to allow the OP to compare devices, and likely had no idea how personally invested the OP was in buying the playbook. The clerk likely picked up by her reply that she wasn't interested in Android and decided to leave her alone, until she was ready. As others have said, I think the clerk (a young inexperienced one) should have simply said "ok, let me know if you need anything" but instead walked away. Having said that, clerks are people too, which preferences and bias like the rest of us. He should check it at the door but I think him/her wanted to show what he believed to be a better choice to the OP which was not born out of malice but his away of being helpful, and unlikely he was trying to single handily bring down RIM.
    Edited to add: Apologies to the OP for my original post.
    Last edited by Bigruss8; 04-22-12 at 09:19 AM.
    04-22-12 09:15 AM
    Staples is the last place I'd ever think to go and buy electronics. I thought staff there just took care of stock and get what you want when you asked for it. Pretty rude reaction you got OP. Seems typical of some peoples perspective on their devices and their need for everyone to own what they own.
    04-23-12 10:25 PM
    pfft. you better.

PS: nice shirt I like it
    You spelled "tits" wrong.
    04-24-12 02:38 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD