I like my PlayBook and find the number and quality of apps more than sufficient. However the keyboard often lags ten to twenty characters behind, sometimes the keyboard won't even come up, and the browser, especially, is often slow. This seems to have some relationship to available memory, but not entirely. I frequently close browser to free up memory, but still have problems. The keyboard lag is especially annoying. Appreciate any tips to free up memory, but this is not only problem.
    02-05-13 04:09 PM
    Do you have a lot of sideloaded Android apps on there? I used to have a bunch on mine but I had the same issues you had. If it's still slow, you might have to do an OS wipe
    02-05-13 04:37 PM
    There is some latent process hanging around interfering typically. A reboot will solve it. The keyboard under QNX runs as a separate process. This is good and bad. The bad is that it can get quite out of sync with what's going on if the system is bogged down. It's also written in Adobe Air so isn't the most efficient or stable process running. The fix is BB10 (although I think the architectural problem with the separate process is still an issue) but a work around is the reboot. Sorry.
    02-05-13 05:52 PM
    Deleted a whack of sideloaded apps, plus excess videos and pics and things are back to lightning speed. Didn't delete my music, though... ; )
    02-05-13 07:10 PM
    I have the same issue
    I guess i have to delete appz and files to have a normal typing experience
    Great...
    02-05-13 07:24 PM
    Have you cleared all in the browser?
    02-05-13 07:27 PM
    My playbook keyboard was doing the same thing. Cleared out the browser and a restart, back to perfect.
    02-05-13 08:25 PM
    I find that happens also on sites that have the autosave in the quick reply window which causes lag I find...
    02-05-13 08:37 PM