Hey everybody!!!

My verrrry first post. I use my playbook to watch movies on my commute from London to Manchester and back every weekend and I love it and have got a few peep in my office get a playbook considering how cheap it is at the moment.

Anyway the sound in certain movies is fab but some of them are just too low. I used the headphone boost and it hardly does anything on my senheisser HD201 headphone, the in ear canal ones do the job but I really dont like them..

Any app out there to help with the amplification or anyway to increase the sound level on this little gem..

Thanks

A
    03-01-12 08:43 AM
    c'mon people... dont let this go into the oblivion
    03-01-12 09:35 AM
    :::

You can Search for some Batt. Powered Mobile Headphone Amp.

:::
    03-01-12 10:04 AM
    Over-the-ear earphones can never be as efficient as in-ear 'phones. On top of that, the Sennheisers you own are less efficient than most other over-the-ear sets; here's a review on Cnet: "Natural bass is lacking, and the maximum volume output is lower than most aftermarket headphones in its category." So you've got a set of 'phones at the inefficient end of a spectrum of already-inefficient 'phones.

Have you ever used these 'phones with another portable device and found the sound volume to be louder than the PB?
    03-01-12 11:45 AM
    Probably just really inefficient headphones. Try a headphone Amp or headphones that will work better from low power devices.
    03-01-12 12:56 PM
    off track a little with this as they are not an in the ear opton, but as anyone tried the (linx b-tube with there playbook,fantastic!!!!!
    03-01-12 02:25 PM
    In your post you stated some movies sound fab and others don't, maybe its the movie recordings themselves. The built in speakers of the PlayBook are one of the best you can have on a tablet, and earplugs and headphones come in a many variety depending on the type of sound and how loud you like your music and movies....I use BOSE
    Last edited by spencerdl; 03-01-12 at 02:51 PM.
    03-01-12 02:34 PM
    Hey everybody!!!

My verrrry first post. I use my playbook to watch movies on my commute from London to Manchester and back every weekend and I love it and have got a few peep in my office get a playbook considering how cheap it is at the moment.

Anyway the sound in certain movies is fab but some of them are just too low. I used the headphone boost and it hardly does anything on my senheisser HD201 headphone, the in ear canal ones do the job but I really dont like them..

Any app out there to help with the amplification or anyway to increase the sound level on this little gem..

Thanks

A
    Another member here mentioned a program called DVD Catalyst 4 to convert different types of media to save space on the PB. It also has an option to raise the volume when you convert the video. This may be a GREAT option for you because when you convert the videos it makes them a smaller file size without losing quality (you dont need the 2gb hd version for your PB screen) and you can raise the volume at the same time.

Official home of DVD Catalyst 4 - convert fast and easy AVI DVD MKV to Bionic Droid iPad iPhone iPod Iconica Innotab Galaxy Tab Playbook Transformer Prime Thrive Vita Xoom and more

check it out.
    03-01-12 02:34 PM
    Another member here mentioned a program called DVD Catalyst 4 to convert different types of media to save space on the PB. It also has an option to raise the volume when you convert the video...
    Is it safe to assume that it first compresses the dynamic range of the soundtrack and then increases the average volume?
    03-01-12 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD