I bought a PB from SBB a couple weeks ago, got immediate email confirming purchase just like this time. Last time I ordered on a Wednesday night, two business days later I received email that PB had shipped which was a Friday and it was delivered the following Tuesday morning after MLKing holiday on Monday. It was shipped from Windsor, CT according to tracking info, but return label was Haverhill, MA and was shipped to Chicago, IL by USPS tbrough UPS with the SBB free shipping option. So I do not expect to see shipping confirmation until Monday or Tuesday at the very earliest and could even be later in the week, just going to have to be patient because I know they got swamped with orders last week.
    DocDRM likes this.
    01-28-12 08:23 AM
    I hope you are correct.
    01-28-12 08:30 AM
    Just a FWIW...

Called last night to cancel my order. While on the phone with the rep he noted "oh...this is an IBM promo code order". Went onto note that the code itself was not a valid RIM code and they are not sure at the moment how it got loaded into their system.
    buckeyeind likes this.
    01-28-12 08:35 AM
    My original PB was purchased from SBB and their communication process leaves much to be desired; I don't think I received anything more than the original thanks for your purchase email.

I ordered one with the 20% off code and same thing, so as the account status info changes to show shipped, I will be happy. It will be in my hands eventually!
    01-28-12 08:40 AM
    Just a FWIW...

Called last night to cancel my order. While on the phone with the rep he noted "oh...this is an IBM promo code order". Went onto note that the code itself was not a valid RIM code and they are not sure at the moment how it got loaded into their system.
    Thanks for the information. That opens the door for them to explain how could a system accept a non existent or invalid code? If that was the case, one could enter anything in the promo box and get a discount of some sort.
    I don't have a problem if the discount is not accepted but I do have issue with all the gray area of a pretty simple process.
    12 hours on the countdown clock ShopBlackberry...how are you going to handle this at 12:00:01am if the price goes up to $399 (or whatever) and you void the order confirmation that was sent 48 hours + before the sale ended?
    01-28-12 09:35 AM
    Just a FWIW...

Well, that seems odd since the OP did use this code and received a PB from SBB, don't about the others that ordered using this code that found out about it from other sites such as Slick Deals for example, but we shall see I guess. The orders are actually fulfilled by GlobalWare Solutions, Inc. which are headquartered in Haverhill, MA with offices in Redwood City, CA and phone centers in other locations such as Texas, so not sure how much a customer service phone rep in a phone center in Texas (or maybe other locations) would really know about the validity of RIM codes.
    01-28-12 09:57 AM
    Well, that seems odd since the OP did use this code and received a PB from SBB, don't about the others that ordered using this code that found out about it from other sites such as Slick Deals for example, but we shall see I guess. The orders are actually fulfilled by GlobalWare Solutions, Inc. which are headquartered in Haverhill, MA with offices in Redwood City, CA and phone centers in other locations such as Texas, so not sure how much a customer service phone rep in a phone center in Texas (or maybe other locations) would really know about the validity of RIM codes.
    This is just speculation, but a lot of orders could have gotten out before RIM or the company fulfilling the orders realized realized what was going on. I'm not sure what time the code hit the front page of Slickdeals, but it wasn't too long before the stated expiration.

I do know that a lot of the early orders that were fulfilled had about a day turnaround from time of order to shipping out. In that same 24 hour window for me my order never got past the received stage (obviously since I was able to cancel).
    01-28-12 10:12 AM
    Still leaving out the Code, it is a rather large company and there could be lots of takers so screening out who is who and who they work for or are related to could create issues. I interviewed with them many, many years ago but my white shirts were not quite white enough so wound up with AT&T and that ended many, many years ago!!!!
    01-28-12 10:30 AM
    Just a FWIW...

Thats odd i also had called Shop Blackberry but the representative actually told me that whoever used the promo code the day of the promotion would receive the discount. He said from what he was told it was those people who used it the day after that would not receive the discount. But according to a poster above they used it after the fact and still had it put through. So maybe they will just honour all the sales. After i originally placed my order I got an email saying "UNKNOWN CLIENT-PERMISSION DENIED." I had to call them to get the confirmation emailed. If you did open up an account with them your status will appear when you log in. So far I know the OP got his/hers and one other person on RFD reported they got their shipping notification and its on the way. I ordered mine the morning of the day of the promotion code. I guess maybe they sold so many and its going to take time to go through all the orders.
    01-28-12 10:30 AM
    ohhhhhhhh, maybe entering that code shunted all of our sales and credit info to the original poster and he/she is leaving for Aruba or the Cayman Islands or wherever Romney has stashed his money!!!!

Whatever you do, do not enter NIGERIA into the code box!
    01-28-12 10:33 AM
    Okay I just called them to cancel my order, I just can't wait and be without a Playbook and I got a decent deal yesterday at 10% off. My order was in QUE so the shipping process is happening it will just take some time. Also I never knew this but if there is ever any issue with the product Shop Blackberry pays for the shipping NOT the customer in case anyone is wondering. He said people will probably start getting notifications by Monday.
    01-28-12 10:42 AM
    ohhhhhhhh, maybe entering that code shunted all of our sales and credit info to the original poster and he/she is leaving for Aruba or the Cayman Islands or wherever Romney has stashed his money!!!!

Whatever you do, do not enter NIGERIA into the code box!
    ha....i just tried to purchase another one, went to the promo code box and entered "BASILLE". My order confirmation stated I'm getting a new chair
    Last edited by buckeyeinhooville; 01-28-12 at 11:08 AM.
    FF22 and DocDRM like this.
    01-28-12 10:52 AM
    it should be fine guys. i placed my order and got received order confirmation right away. im sure comes monday we will all get shipping notification.
    01-28-12 11:39 AM
    so now the Playbooks are $199, $599 and $299 on shopblackberry for the 16, 32 and 64. just weird why the 32GB is $599
    edit: hit refresh and the 32Gb updated to $249
    Last edited by D_Way; 01-28-12 at 11:15 PM.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-28-12 11:10 PM
    Hi ..Can you please help me with the promotional code. I would like to buy a playbook...thanks...
    09-17-12 08:51 PM
    Im a newbie
    09-17-12 08:54 PM
    Welcome.

This is an older thread and that code has probably expired.

There are some good prices if you look around and some of the threads mention prices.
    09-17-12 09:51 PM
217 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD