If I get mine cancelled, at least let me know BEFORE the 29th, so at least I can order one for $299 then...
    01-27-12 04:08 PM
    Staples Canada has a 10% off promotion right now i am going to pick one up just IN CASE these people try to cancel my order. I heard they have done it in the past. I am pretty sure they will put them through this time.
    01-27-12 04:10 PM
    I understand that the code wasn't meant for everybody. Still would be shameful if they did it.
    01-27-12 04:44 PM
    Did anybody who ordered with the promo code get a shipment or processing confirmation yet?
    I got a ORDER confirmation and the money deducted but that's it so far.
    I ordered last night ang got order confirmation but no shipment confirmation yet...
    01-27-12 04:47 PM
    For those who ordered the 64gb at this promo price (or even at $299 about to expire), aren't you worried you might get one of the infamous defective ones? Dead pixel(s), bulge on the back, overheating battery? Then there's the whole incident/case/ticket/RMA return hassle to deal with.

RIM's quality control and bureaucracy is starting to worry me.
    im not worried because it will have warranty on it.
    01-27-12 05:48 PM
    northWET Coast, US. Still no notice beyond the initial confirmed.
    01-27-12 06:01 PM
    If I get mine cancelled, at least let me know BEFORE the 29th, so at least I can order one for $299 then...
    ..Now that would be customer satisfaction and signal the end to simple "customer service"! I'm in the same boat...waiting. It is, however, unnecessary for such a long delay between order confirmation and order paid. Their payment is secured once the order is confirmed and a 3-5 day wait for final acknowledgement is beyond explainable; especially if they are offering expedited shipment at the time of order. Why would you offer overnight shipping for a purchase that may not ship for 6 days?? Not an industry standard at all and tears at the root of building brand loyalty. Killing the romance of making a purchase destroys brand loyalty and so we've now come full circle back to marketing...hmmm?
    Being positive and constructive! Just need the acknowledgment in the next 24 hours...helloooo
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-27-12 06:37 PM
    ..Now that would be customer satisfaction and signal the end to simple "customer service"! I'm in the same boat...waiting. It is, however, unnecessary for such a long delay between order confirmation and order paid. Their payment is secured once the order is confirmed and a 3-5 day wait for final acknowledgement is beyond explainable; especially if they are offering expedited shipment at the time of order. Why would you offer overnight shipping for a purchase that may not ship for 6 days?? Not an industry standard at all and tears at the root of building brand loyalty. Killing the romance of making a purchase destroys brand loyalty and so we've now come full circle back to marketing...hmmm?
    Being positive and constructive! Just need the acknowledgment in the next 24 hours...helloooo
    I ordered yesterday at 11:30 am no Shipment notification yet. On RFD a person ordered 3 pm got a shipment notification this evening and the package is already in Mississauga for them which seems very fast. So I suppose it depends. They must have to say 3-5 days even though it could be faster. The guy did tell me if anything is wrong with the credit card info it is flagged and will be cancelled. I read somewhere online it happened to a lot of orders back in November. I can't ever remember ordering anything and not getting a notification within 24 hours, usually I get the notification fast. Anyhow I just need to be patient. I am contemplating cancelling the order myself because I picked up one for $300 today just in case my order gets cancelled. The one I ordered is $270 if this is going to be a hassle I don't mind paying $30 extra and keeping the one I picked up.
    01-27-12 07:19 PM
    They should know immediately if a credit card has passed muster. Unless they are hand massaging the data, this stuff generally occurs immediately as they match data against the card. One would hope there's a bit of automation involved in these transactions.

Just checked their site (contained in initial email) and there is no change. About 24 hours and I'm sure that they are closed and it is the weekend.
    01-27-12 07:55 PM
    They should know immediately if a credit card has passed muster. Unless they are hand massaging the data, this stuff generally occurs immediately as they match data against the card. One would hope there's a bit of automation involved in these transactions.

Just checked their site (contained in initial email) and there is no change. About 24 hours and I'm sure that they are closed and it is the weekend.
    When I asked the guy if they are open tomorrow he said yes, but when I checked their hours i thought it was only mon-fri. I have been checking rfd and here, seems not many have received any shipments. I seen lots of cancellations from Nov/Dec based on "high risk transactions" so usually something to do with people's credit cards. Hopefully we will know more soon.
    01-27-12 08:01 PM
    I paid with my Bank Card which is also VISA and entered the VISA 16-digit number. The funds were in the account at the time of order. The money shows deducted, yet doesn't show in the details what it was for. Just exactly $239.20 missing. So I have to assume they took the money out of my checking account. But like I said, I paid as VISA not Debit.
    This is how it shows in my account since yesterday, about 20 minutes after I placed the order.
    01-27-12 08:24 PM

Too funny. I can see everyone at the Blackberry call center, all sitting at their desk with that old school charge card manual slider, writing charge card account numbers on carbon then manually running that slider back and forth, taking the carbon paper copies over to the rotary phone and calling the Mastercard toll free hotline to get a confirmation number. Seriously, the card is either good or bad.....within seconds
    FF22 likes this.
    01-27-12 08:50 PM
    Too funny. I can see everyone at the Blackberry call center, all sitting at their desk with that old school charge card manual slider, writing charge card account numbers on carbon then manually running that slider back and forth, taking the carbon paper copies over to the rotary phone and calling the Mastercard toll free hotline to get a confirmation number. Seriously, the card is either good or bad.....within seconds

Okay maybe I am just being paranoid here, but do you think maybe they just do this so that they can cancel 25% of the orders saying some tiny mistake was wrong with how it was entered? Like say missing a middle initial etc....or am I just being silly?
    01-27-12 09:08 PM
    Okay maybe I am just being paranoid here, but do you think maybe they just do this so that they can cancel 25% of the orders saying some tiny mistake was wrong with how it was entered? Like say missing a middle initial etc....or am I just being silly?
    Just being silly. The transaction would simply not go through if something was incorrect. It is impossible to place an order, have the transaction take place, your bank approve the transaction, Blackberry confirm the order and invoice you and then crickets for 3-5 days.

If you buy an app with your credit card, does it take 5 days to get the app????

I ordered an iMac before Christmas with the same card as this current transaction and received a message from Mint.com in the middle of the night warning me of a unusual transaction (which is a dollar amount warning I had set). Meaning, Apple already processed the transaction, my bank approved and a third party financial website already was "on it". All within hours. And this isn't an "Apple is better than RIMM" feud reply. Just an example on how it is supposed to go from the customer's side of the fence.
    01-27-12 09:20 PM
    Just being silly. The transaction would simply not go through if something was incorrect. It is impossible to place an order, have the transaction take place, your bank approve the transaction, Blackberry confirm the order and invoice you and then crickets for 3-5 days.

If you buy an app with your credit card, does it take 5 days to get the app????

I ordered an iMac before Christmas with the same card as this current transaction and received a message from Mint.com in the middle of the night warning me of a unusual transaction (which is a dollar amount warning I had set). Meaning, Apple already processed the transaction, my bank approved and a third party financial website already was "on it". All within hours. And this isn't an "Apple is better than RIMM" feud reply. Just an example on how it is supposed to go from the customer's side of the fence.
    Yea i guess thats what is messing with my head. I have ordered from all kinds of sites including Apple and amazon etc...and I get notified quite fast of the shipment process. I just thought it was more automatic. Its just i read some previous threads from nov/dec talking about cancellations a lot. Hope to hear from shop BB soon.
    01-27-12 09:32 PM
    my card was instantly pre-authorized because i had an email notification of it. but the transaction was canceled. i called sbb today to make sure they were not going to actually put the charge through. they asked me if i wanted to try again and i said no. they seem hard to trust.
    01-27-12 09:59 PM
    Yea i guess thats what is messing with my head. I have ordered from all kinds of sites including Apple and amazon etc...and I get notified quite fast of the shipment process. I just thought it was more automatic. Its just i read some previous threads from nov/dec talking about cancellations a lot. Hope to hear from shop BB soon.
    Could be a lot of folks credit card or bank statement didn't match their home address, they mis-keyed, etc. Same with you...tick, tock, tick, tock. Plus that countdown clock on the $299 deal working its way to zero doesn't help.
    01-27-12 09:59 PM
    my card was instantly pre-authorized because i had an email notification of it. but the transaction was canceled. i called sbb today to make sure they were not going to actually put the charge through. they asked me if i wanted to try again and i said no. they seem hard to trust.
    Did they not provide proof that it was cancelled? Like sometimes the company will put it on your order history or something.
    01-27-12 10:04 PM
    I purchased pb as well yesterday. No shipment email yet. When I purchased an ipad for my wife. Apple even offered free engraving and now that is romance.
    01-27-12 10:43 PM
    Glad i noticed this thread AFTER i bought my playbook.
    01-27-12 10:56 PM
    Did they not provide proof that it was cancelled? Like sometimes the company will put it on your order history or something.
    No. I called the credit card company who confirmed it was just an authorization that would come off in 3 days. Its not the fear that sbb are criminals, just incompetent.
    chungdim likes this.
    01-28-12 12:23 AM
    I used the promo code twice during the last two hours of the discount. Ordered the PB the first time and the sales confirmation hit my email immediately after. Then went back and used the same code for an accessory bundle (charge dock and PB case). That order was also quickly confirmed. Now Friday morning only 9.5 hrs after the accessory order, received the shipping confirmation for it. Nothing yet for the PB but in fairness it did say that the accessory items would ship in 1-2 days while the PB was 7-14 days. Both were identified as being 'In Stock', so I assume that the PB's are probably not in the same warehouse as the accessories and the central shipping hub, if there is one. So probably expect the PB shipping confirmations sometime next week, and for me after I have the charger and case delivered!
    01-28-12 01:54 AM
    Placed my order early Thursday afternoon, they put a temp hold for the full amount on credit card still no shipping confirmation. Don't expect one until ready to be shipped and card fully charged and not temp anymore.
    Futureshop and bestbuy all to the same put a temp hold on CC and charged full when ready to be shipped.
    Like previous poster said takes 7-14 days to be shipped so I'm not waiting for more info on the order this week-end.
    Ordered something from TheSource that was in stock, sent me confirm order, next day item was on backorder so I cancelled and took 5 days for temp hold on CC to come off.
    01-28-12 06:27 AM
    I appreciate what you guys are saying in relation to the 7-14 day ship time.

However, I think the issue here is not the ship date but the time frame in receiving a receipt, or acknowledgement, in that your purchase has been completed. There would be a lot less "stress" for the customer (and a lot less posts on CrackBerry ) in the buying process if it was broken down to 1) "thank you" with the order confirmation number 2) "thank you, your order is complete and your order will ship in xxxxx time frame and 3) "your order has shipped and here is your tracking number. Enjoy the unboxing of your Playbook. Thank you for being a member of the Blackberry family".

Buying from the manufacturer's store (not best buy, etc) should be seamless, efficient and enjoyable and leave no doubt. It builds loyalty and a great company image (and eliminates a lot of phone calls/emails by customers and wasted time for both parties).

Under the current system, customers are not even sure that they are receiving a product, which is unacceptable and opens the door for the competition.
    Last edited by buckeyeinhooville; 01-28-12 at 07:44 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-28-12 07:38 AM
    I agree 100%! If this is the "official" RIM store, then this should be handled a little more different. First RIM has problems to get the people to buy the PB and then when people want it, they are afraid not to get one. What's up with that?
    01-28-12 08:23 AM
217 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD