Are there any external speakers for the Playbook?
    The sound it has thru its speakers is not enough for me
    10-03-11 05:26 PM
    any speaker set that plugs in to the headphone jack will work. Just like an mp3 player such as an iphone.
    raulmantel likes this.
    10-03-11 06:07 PM
    I use a pair of Sony "Noise Reduction" Headphone Speakers for personal listening. I got them for 50% off when I bought my PlayBook back in May at Office Depot.

This summer I hosted a family reunion in our backyard and loaded up the PlayBook with over 1,000 songs and bought a pair of Bose Companion 2 speakers for less than $100. They sounded fantastic. Put out some high volumes with the right amount of bass and little distortion. The Bose Companion 5 speakers has a dedicated sub-woofer and probably sounds better than the Companion 2's, but they cost 3 times as much, unless you find them on sale.
    raulmantel likes this.
    10-03-11 10:05 PM
    The stock speakers on the playbook are pretty freaking sweet!!!! Loud and crisp sound.

What are you trying to do? DJ at a party or something?
    10-04-11 12:56 AM
    while they are OK, without even a hint of bass it just makes them sound crappy. not trying to DJ a party, but to have some nice romantic music for two people on a getaway, it would be nice to have some better quality sound.
    01-18-12 02:06 PM
    From the size of the PB, those speakers do indeed land a punch
    01-18-12 02:09 PM
    I use a pair of Sony "Noise Reduction" Headphone Speakers for personal listening. I got them for 50% off when I bought my PlayBook back in May at Office Depot.

This summer I hosted a family reunion in our backyard and loaded up the PlayBook with over 1,000 songs and bought a pair of Bose Companion 2 speakers for less than $100. They sounded fantastic. Put out some high volumes with the right amount of bass and little distortion. The Bose Companion 5 speakers has a dedicated sub-woofer and probably sounds better than the Companion 2's, but they cost 3 times as much, unless you find them on sale.
    i use the same speakers as u and it sounds amazing
    01-18-12 02:16 PM
    I was considering these speakers, but I'm not sure if they would be much better than whats already on the PB. Black Silicone Round 3.5mm Portable Speaker for Blackberry Playbook | eBay
    01-18-12 06:37 PM
    I just bought a Monster ClarityHD.
    It has bluetooth (not with Playbook, yet.) and a 3.5 mm jack. It can be used as a speaker phone when paired with a phone.
    It has a battery that charges through a USB jack and lasts about 5 hours.
    The sound isn't bad for the size of it.

Logitech has a battery powered, bluetooth laptop speaker that also works good. I have one at work.
    01-18-12 06:59 PM
    I just bought this superb BOSE bluetooth speaker and love it.

Bose | SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker | Bluetooth Speakers | Digital Music Solutions
    01-18-12 07:12 PM
    I cant wait until OS 2.0 allows bluetooth stereo connections and use wireless speakers. It will be nice when the Playbook actually joins the 21st century.
    01-18-12 08:01 PM
    I bought THESE from Monoprice a while ago for trips to the pool and small impromptu gatherings (heh, sounds funny). Now it seems they have several other types available: Portable Speakers

They get pretty loud without much distortion and you can't beat the price. I've used them with 3 of my Blackberries and work well with the holder on the front. Very portable.
    01-18-12 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD