Hey guys, please I need your opinion. I got a deal from bestbuy to get their 2 years protection plan for $70. Do you think I should go for that? do you think that the extended protection plan from RIM for $129 has any advantages? I've never gotten a plan from bestbuy so I don't know how reliable they are. Thanks.
    06-18-11 06:54 PM
    I got a 3 year plan from Squaretrade.com that includes drop and spill protection, for $109. It's not 100% mandatory that you get a plan for the Playbook, but it may be worth it for peace of mind alone.

I'd imagine Best Buy has a very reliable warranty plan, but I have no personal experience (I pretty much use Squaretrade for all my gear, as they tend to have really good pricing & terms, and I've never had a problem with them).
    06-18-11 07:03 PM
    The main thing is that you get two years of phone support to replace the ninety day that came with the Playbook. If you have been using phone support then go for the extension, otherwise pass on the plan.
    06-18-11 07:31 PM
    +1 for Squaretrade

use code wizzard25 for a nice discount. this code saved me the most compared to other codes.
    06-18-11 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD