Seriously. Can someone explain the appeal of PB to me. Not sure if it is the UI or what. I love the damn thing. I had my choice of tablets, netbooks, laptops, whatever and I choose PB. I'm already looking to pick up another one for the rest of the family. Perhaps I will go with a new 3G model for me and let the family 'suffer' with this one.
    auditman likes this.
    02-03-12 07:21 PM
    Seriously. Can someone explain the appeal of PB to me. Not sure if it is the UI or what. I love the damn thing. I had my choice of tablets, netbooks, laptops, whatever and I choose PB. I'm already looking to pick up another one for the rest of the family. Perhaps I will go with a new 3G model for me and let the family 'suffer' with this one.
    To me the appeal of this device is what potential it could/is going to once O.S 2.0 is released. If it was released earlier this would be a JACKPOT device!
    02-03-12 07:24 PM
    Same here. I've had android tablet and ipad v2 @ work but with PB feels just right. It has its short commings but with os2 just around d corner I'm sure it will be perfect.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 07:26 PM
    Definitely the UI for me. The most intuitive and easy to use IMO.

Then, of course, the hardware. Especially, the screen.
    02-03-12 07:32 PM
    No way to pinpoint it. It's a pleasure to use. I tried a few other tablets and even test drove one for few days while my ibrother was on vacation and its just not the same. My PC is getting no love these days.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-03-12 07:41 PM
    The user interface and size are a huge plus for me. I also love the bridge feature. The real appeal is that as every day passes I fall more in love with this device.
    02-03-12 07:42 PM
    Size, interface, browser quality, cameras (they were darn good for a tablet when it first released, especially front camera), build quality, screen, etc... Lots of reasons.

Forgot 2 huge ones. Gestures and multitasking.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 02-03-12 at 09:29 PM.
    02-03-12 07:48 PM
    It would be the "uncompromised" nature of the platform development .....Everything the PB does in its limited form it does better than the competition ...

Devices such as iOS devices get so much praise for how "optimized" and how "smooth " they are, however I'd like to see iOS handle a fraction of what QNX does with grace and ease

QNX....The future of mobile computing
    02-03-12 08:31 PM
    Portability
    UI experience (multi-tasking, swipe gestures man!!)
    Browser
    Bridge capabilities (save on a data plan)
    Security
    Wi-fi sharing
    02-03-12 08:43 PM
    Definitely the UI. It's so easy even I can use it! But don't be fooled ... size is everything and this thing rocks. After all who puts a Hemi in a Mini!!
    02-03-12 09:13 PM
    size/portablity, BRIDGE, multitasking, BRIDGE, full browser experience and did i mention BRIDGE LOL.
    02-03-12 09:25 PM
    unstupid Ui for me. other Ui makes me feel stupid.
    02-03-12 09:29 PM
    Definitely the UI. It's so easy even I can use it! But don't be fooled ... size is everything and this thing rocks. After all who puts a Hemi in a Mini!!
    Playbook is more like a car fitted with a built motor and turbo but stuck running on the stock ECM rather than a full standalone. You can't unlocked the full potential until you get that standalone (OS2) hehe
    02-03-12 10:37 PM
    Funny when I picked up my android tablet I was doing gesture swap on it. Hehehehe.
    02-03-12 10:42 PM
    all tabs are the same. its a computer / smartphone but nice to have.
    02-03-12 11:31 PM
    Definitely the UI for me. The most intuitive and easy to use IMO.

Then, of course, the hardware. Especially, the screen.
    Best device on the market.
    02-03-12 11:37 PM
    UI feels right with the swipes. No use of buttons other than the to control the volume.

I have tried the androids and ipad but just don't get the feel right especially the androids. This just compliments my bb very well and can only get better.

OS2 is just around the corner and I am excited.
    02-03-12 11:41 PM
    Seriously. Can someone explain the appeal of PB to me. Not sure if it is the UI or what. I love the damn thing. I had my choice of tablets, netbooks, laptops, whatever and I choose PB. I'm
    I feel exactly the same way. When I first decided to get a tablet, I researched the ipad and playbook, and after reading up on both, I came to the conclusion that the Ipad is the best device . I played around with friend's ipad 2 and everything was perfect. It was smooth and worked flawlessly and it looked like the rationnal choice... but i just couldnt love it. i saw how passionate ppl are about the pb device on this forum and my instincts told me to just go with the playbook... And I just love it. Maybe its because just working around with the QNX OS feels like theres so much potential. Cant explain it...
    02-04-12 12:58 AM
    I just like it because i can take it out and switch between whatever i want whenever i want and put it back in the smallest of spaces...

it is just so damn compact and amazing at the same time
    02-04-12 01:02 AM
    Playbook is more like a car fitted with a built motor and turbo but stuck running on the stock ECM rather than a full standalone. You can't unlocked the full potential until you get that standalone (OS2) hehe
    Well said & I totally agree.
    02-04-12 01:03 AM
    flash support - videos, content, everything!
    browser - same as above. but there's so many powerful things. like torrents without a torrent client? (check out the apps forum under stickies for the list of amazing flash apps)
    portability - i bring this EVERYWHERE.
    multitasking - i love flipping through music, browser, and games while on the bus
    bridge - love using my phone's data plan, wouldn't have gotten the playbook unless it had it.
    screen - so so amazing. 7" may sound small,but when it's in HD like the playbook is, it makes all the difference in the world.
    battery life - don't think others mentioned this. i go through two full days of music at work and about 2 or 3 hours of doing thing on the screen.
    02-04-12 02:14 AM
    The overall ease of use ? The quality of the UI ? Bridge ? Form factor ?
    ... or ... being different, exclusive ?

All of the above for me
    02-04-12 06:50 AM
    1. Bridge (internet everywhere). This is the best app in the universe.
    2. Bezel gestures
    3. Portability (can take this bad boy anywhere and it looks like a small (play) book)
    4. It's unique (I don't like what everyone else has)
    5. the raw potential
    02-04-12 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD