I'm trying to stream live events of the London Olympics via 2012 Summer Olympics | Video, Schedules, Results, TV | NBC Olympics, which is the official online stream source. I'm at work where the internet restricts sports related websites, so i'm trying to have my PlayBook be my savior and use it to stream some Olympic events on it.

I'm on the PlayBook bridged to the internet via my 9900. When I attempt to stream a live event I get a message saying "NBC is only allowed to show Olympic competition video on the internet to users in the United States and U.S. Territories" and the video will not stream, although I do get a link to stream "non-event" video, which is available for those outside the U.S.

Do you know why my PlayBook/bridge internet is not being seen as being within the US?

I'm in Texas! I have T-Mobile data plan on my 9900 for use in bridging to my PlayBook. Both my PlayBook and 9900 were purchased here in Texas locally at BestBuy and T-mobile store.

Any Ideas? Is there a workaround to be able to Stream the Olympics on my PlayBook
    07-31-12 02:28 PM
    The RIM NOC is in Canada. The website thinks you're in Canada when you use Bridge to browse on your Playbook.

You may be able to use a proxy service, but I don't have any recommendations, and if your work is like mine, all the proxy services are also blocked anyway. I'm afraid you may be S.O.L.
    07-31-12 02:37 PM
    Since it thinks you're in Canada, you should go to the CTV (Canadian) Olympic coverage. Better than NBC and live.
    07-31-12 02:41 PM
    check your phone settings i.e. your service provider's APN (IP) settings.
    its not mandatory their server are based in the US.
    e.g. using O2 maybe APN: idata.o2.co.uk and then you are out.

regards
    Damian
    07-31-12 02:43 PM
    NBC coverage sucks no offense. CTV is where it's at. It's also not so American-centric, because you know, it's a global event, founded by the Greeks, where the competition is the best of the best GLOBALLY.
    07-31-12 05:53 PM
    I'm trying to stream live events of the London Olympics via 2012 Summer Olympics | Video, Schedules, Results, TV | NBC Olympics, which is the official online stream source. I'm at work where the internet restricts sports related websites, so i'm trying to have my PlayBook be my savior and use it to stream some Olympic events on it.

I'm on the PlayBook bridged to the internet via my 9900. When I attempt to stream a live event I get a message saying "NBC is only allowed to show Olympic competition video on the internet to users in the United States and U.S. Territories" and the video will not stream, although I do get a link to stream "non-event" video, which is available for those outside the U.S.

Do you know why my PlayBook/bridge internet is not being seen as being within the US?

I'm in Texas! I have T-Mobile data plan on my 9900 for use in bridging to my PlayBook. Both my PlayBook and 9900 were purchased here in Texas locally at BestBuy and T-mobile store.

Any Ideas? Is there a workaround to be able to Stream the Olympics on my PlayBook
    You can't stream NBC's content via bridging your BlackBerry to your PlayBook.

NBC's streaming is tied to your cable provider. It is considered an extension of, and not a replacement for, the television coverage.

Thus, you have to access it over an approved provider network or via an approved mobile application.
    07-31-12 06:33 PM
    NBC coverage sucks no offense. CTV is where it's at. It's also not so American-centric, because you know, it's a global event, founded by the Greeks, where the competition is the best of the best GLOBALLY.
    Only issue is CTV's live streaming isn't working with the Playbook browser because it uses Silverlight. There is another big thread about this. Those of us in Canada are having a tough time finding a solution for watching live Olympic streams on the Playbook as well.
    07-31-12 06:50 PM
    Only issue is CTV's live streaming isn't working with the Playbook browser because it uses Silverlight. There is another big thread about this. Those of us in Canada are having a tough time finding a solution for watching live Olympic streams on the Playbook as well.
    Yup I think you're right. I haven't tried streaming the olympics at all this year, but I remember the Vancouver winter olympics I would stream on their website, and they did indeed use silverlight.
    07-31-12 10:32 PM
    YouTube! I believe they are covering the Olympics..

What about proxy?

You can try google search for some flash based websites pirate streaming the tv channel itself..

Just for info I get routed through UK coz of RIM network.. Not that it makes any difference..

Video streaming consumes around 300-500mb per hour average..
    07-31-12 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD