The PB was released in Mexico about a month ago but the first TV spot I got to see was yesterday. Then I realized how very few people know the PlayBook. Everyone that sees me with it asks me if it's an iPad

So, I went to Sears last night and asked in electronics for the Blackberry Tablet. Guess what? They understood 'tarjeta' instead of 'tableta'... Later, after I explained I wanted the TABLET, they didn't even know Sears was selling it. I was waiting for the guy to tell me if they had it (which I already knew because they sell it on the mexican website) and said that people have to order it by phone in order to buy. Also, I've noticed that in Walmart Mexico is pretty much like in the US. There is actual publicity and the PB has to be ordered at checkout, but due to that, at least they know that there is a Blackberry Tablet in stock.

So, until now no store is showing a real PlayBook on display

Anyway, I'm planning to do this little experiment in Office Depot. They have accessories in display but no tablet. And that is weird because they have in showcase the galaxy, dell and HP ones. Let's see what they have to say.

Are there other fellow Mexicans or people from other places that can tell us how the PB's been sold in their cities? It would be pretty good to know how RIM is performing worldwide
    08-09-11 02:27 PM
    Here in queretaro they are few on display and is reallly hard to get Accesories!! I still cant find any screen protector or the convertible case!!
    08-09-11 02:32 PM
    LOL
    RIM is making the PB hard to get worldwide .. therefore highly desirable
    08-09-11 03:10 PM
    Here in queretaro they are few on display and is reallly hard to get Accesories!! I still cant find any screen protector or the convertible case!!
    LOL, those are the only accessories I've gotten to see in Mexicali. Try office depot, maybe you can ask from the website stock
    08-09-11 03:26 PM
    I imported mine from the USA a week after launch day, i havent actually seen PB's being sold here in Canc�n, but i havent actually been looking, though if i must say pretty much all retailers here suck at advertising tablets, im sure the playbook is no exception, they have this Motorola Xoom here in Costco and the clerks doesnt even know how to turn it on.
    08-09-11 05:43 PM
    Crackberry nation alive and kicking in Mexico. Love to see it.
    f1mx likes this.
    08-09-11 05:54 PM
    I imported mine from the USA a week after launch day, i havent actually seen PB's being sold here in Canc�n, but i havent actually been looking, though if i must say pretty much all retailers here suck at advertising tablets, im sure the playbook is no exception, they have this Motorola Xoom here in Costco and the clerks doesnt even know how to turn it on.
    Pretty much true, but when you see the annoying girl saying 'Los Rivas' in the Telnor/Telmex commercial you can recognize they're using an iPad though. That means MX already is aware that tablets exist, LOL
    08-09-11 06:13 PM
    In canada its displayed pretty well among the big retail chains, such as future shop
    and best buy, but walmart on the ather hand doesn't have one on display. You need to ask the clerk to show you one...
    08-09-11 06:59 PM
    I blame RIM for the lack of displays. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but dont the other tablet competitors send those lavish displays to a Best Buy or Walmart?

Has anyone ever seen a display the likes of any apple product in a major retail store for a Blackberry product?

I love my Torch and my PB but, come on RIM it takes more than a cheesy commercial that says look I multitask to sell to the masses.

This is a great product, time to really show it off. Help the RIMpire Strike Back!
    08-10-11 12:20 AM
    i've got my pb at sanborn's el dorado. it's almost a brand new store. the seller showed me all the tablets and make the recommendation of buying the pb specially if i could be using a blackberry. he explained to me all about bridge, and the technical stuff like the processor. he make a comparison against the xoom and ipad and told me that in professional/work related task the playbook was better, and with better multitask running 20 apps at the same time. the only thing thst i found later a mistake was that he told me that i could use also some android apps and autocad for android specially. (in that date the android player wasn't already leaked).

i've founded a lot of skins and covers at sears tangamanga and office max, but i think are expensive. there's a cover in almost 70 usd and the rapid charger/pod in the order of 90 usd. i got a soft silicon shell in 30 usd. usefull but expensive if i think it's more than twice the regular price of the original skins for the blackberry smartphones.

the thing that made me sad it's that the hdmi works well, but i haven't been able to find a converter to vga because i want to use the playbook at classroom as i'm a partial time teacher and stop of carrying my laptop at class. also that none of my relatives have one and i haven't been able to try the videochat feature with blackberry id, but it works well with skype trought imo.im
    08-10-11 07:36 AM
    i
    the thing that made me sad it's that the hdmi works well, but i haven't been able to find a converter to vga because i want to use the playbook at classroom as i'm a partial time teacher and stop of carrying my laptop at class.
    Do you mean an HDMI-to-VGA cable like this?
    08-10-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD