I've got a bricked Playbook in my hands that I've managed to fix twice already, (which I am owing to luck) and I would like to somehow exchange it for a new one. The battery does not charge nor stay charged for longer than 4 or 4 1/2 hours, now the back camera is shot too, and I am two steps away from cracking this open to fix it myself.
    Problem is, I'm not within the 90-day free completely support time frame any longer, and I am having quite a time trying to find a customer support number that doesn't require me to play $50 then picking from three incident report categories (all of which don't actually cover hardware problems).
    I am, however, still within my 12 month warranty!
    Has anyone had a successful exchange with RIM without complementary support? Or simply have a customer service number I may call? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by sourskittles9311; 07-01-12 at 08:08 PM.
    07-01-12 08:00 PM
    Unless they've change the recording script, you should be able to get through for free. Since it is definitely warranty, they would probably credit you back if you really do have to provide credit info to get to speak with someone

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    07-01-12 08:42 PM
    I called about my front camera not working after about 9 months after purchase. I never did register it. They went ahead and registered me that day, had me do a security wipe and a reload to eliminate software out of the equation. I got an RMA, sent it in, and got a replacement before the week was out... man, it was fast. I know ot's a replacement because I sent in a unit with a depressed power button and they sentme back a unit with a raised power button... and, the PIN was different. I've always hated calling any support lines, but it was painless with them. Never did ask for credit card number, either. I would encourage you to call, if for nothing then just to find out what your options are.
    07-01-12 10:59 PM
    Thanks guys, I went ahead and called like I was told and the process was actually rather painless. I got a 90 day extension on my free technical support, which was pretty unexpected, and my PB is now on the way to the RMA shop.
    Thanks again for the help!
    07-03-12 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD