Friends...

I have question for you...
    Will i be able to use Microsoft Exchange emails on my Playbook after upgrading to OS 2.0...official mails are really important for me, my major work are through exchange mails (official mails)...

Please need your inputs on this......
    02-17-12 01:03 AM
    From what I understand, you will need BES + Mobile Fusion and have the PB provisioned under Mobile Fusion in order for exchange emails to work through the native unified inbox.
    02-17-12 01:19 AM
    Anyone know how/if it'll handle OWA. It's the only way to get my work mail. I'm hoping it's easily set up like on the phones.
    Or can we just configure the native mail to use the BIS settings (via phone PIN or BBID??).
    ta.
    02-17-12 01:45 AM
    From what I understand, you will need BES + Mobile Fusion and have the PB provisioned under Mobile Fusion in order for exchange emails to work through the native unified inbox.
    You have to have BES??
    02-17-12 02:19 AM
    Anyone know how/if it'll handle OWA. It's the only way to get my work mail. I'm hoping it's easily set up like on the phones.
    Or can we just configure the native mail to use the BIS settings (via phone PIN or BBID??).
    ta.
    I've been using OWA on the stock browser since Day 1 (April). Works fine.
    02-17-12 02:21 AM
    I have too but I want them to comw into my messages inbox like they do on my phones.
    02-17-12 02:24 AM
    I have too but I want them to come into my messages inbox like they do on my phones.
    02-17-12 02:24 AM
    At CES 2012 (las vegas) they have said that exchange email will work on new OS 2.0... in the video we could clearly see that Michael Clewley and Jeff Gadway have said about work email (Video link:- )... but dint explain about how to configure the work emails...

My major work in on exchange emails....can some clarify how is it going to work.
    02-17-12 03:07 AM
    I think it is going to use IMAP. Read somewhere.
    02-17-12 03:18 AM
    so its true then, we will be able to use exchange emails on new OS 2.0...

But will it be safe....
    02-17-12 03:32 AM
    can someone like to share thoughts on
    Is there any difference between IMAP and Microsoft Exchange
    If there is a difference, then how will Exchange emails going to work on new playbook OS 2.0 (still confused) and any hints what be the steps in configuration of exchange accounts (general question)

Need help.
    02-17-12 03:55 AM
    Ok.. It has IMAP and ActiveSync. More details on security etc... in here http://crackberry.com/what-does-acti...ervice-revenue
    02-17-12 04:32 AM
    Thanks for the link...It was of some knowledge...
    02-17-12 05:04 AM
    The playbook will use activesync to get exchange mail. Your IT has to allow activesync. The mystery is will activesync work without Mobile Fusion? I believe it will. Mobile Fusion will not be out until end of March. I really hope RIM would not put this update and not have it work for business until another product is unveiled.
    The difference between IMAP and exchange account is the exchange is a instant two-way sync of mail, contacts, and calendar. IMAP polls for email every 15mins. No contact or calendar is synced.
    As far as security activesync has some stock policies. If IT wants more that's what Mobile Fusion is for.
    02-17-12 05:17 AM
    @fire6 thanks for your explanation between IMAP & Exchange account. That really helped to identify the difference between the two.

I am really waiting for new OS so that i can use my playbook in office...

With activesync as a part to get exchange emails, configuring exchange email account wont be a tuff job...

if playbook is using activesync to get exchange emails then why is Mobile fusion necessary...with activesync it will be easy instant two-way sync of mail, contacts, and calendar.
    canadoc likes this.
    02-17-12 06:24 AM
    My understanding of Mobile Fusion is it will be the software to allow IT to control all the mobile devices on their systems. Even IOS, Android and BES. The software will allow activation, security wipe/lock, and the ability to push policies onto the devices from one location. This will allow the management of company issued and bring your own devices to be handled easier than before. This allows the IT to add the extra layer of security on all devices that is needed for their system.
    This is why I don't think its going to be mandatory to have just to use the playbook on activesync. Hopefully it will be a reasonable priced add on to companies that feel the need for the control and extra security.

To answer to last question activesync will be instant two way syncing of email, contacts, and calendar of exchange mail. It also is easier to use the folders that many of us have on Outlook.
    Last edited by fire6; 02-17-12 at 06:52 AM.
    02-17-12 06:50 AM
    Well if you look at the mobile fusion description no where does it mention email. All mobile fusion is a device management platform.
    02-17-12 07:00 AM
    i guess then my company wont go for mobile fusion at this point of time....
    I need to check with my IT person regarding the activesync mails polices that my company follow for exchange emails.

And will there be any loop holes that we will experience while using exchange emails on OS 2.0...according to me there might be syncing of exchange mails issue over the WiFi connections unlike BB smart phones which uses BES for exchange emails...
    02-17-12 07:10 AM
    i just connected my native email to exchange and its working fine...!
    02-21-12 07:15 AM
    Your BlackBerry email
    02-21-12 07:36 AM
    This is what I get when trying to sync my blackberry account
    02-21-12 07:38 AM
    Friends...

I have question for you...
    Will i be able to use Microsoft Exchange emails on my Playbook after upgrading to OS 2.0...official mails are really important for me, my major work are through exchange mails (official mails)...

Please need your inputs on this......
    Yes you will be able to access your Exchange emails providing ActiveSync is enabled on your server.

I am currently accessing my emails in 2.0, calendar and contacts.

A.
    02-21-12 07:45 AM
    Does your company's EAS configuration require a user certificate? I think that's where I'm having problems.
    02-21-12 08:23 AM
    How did you do this?
    02-21-12 09:00 AM
    With OS 2.0 update my native email is working just the way i was thinking...i love it...now i can work from home without any problem...
    Exchange emails are syncing smoothly...no issues in replying to messages....

I guess you don't have to do much off the settings while exchange account configuration.
    You need to provide your company server address
    And also need to provide Domain name (your company name)
    you exchange email is set to go.

Thanks
    02-23-12 09:15 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD